Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 11:41   #11251
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Today's case is different. There are two strikes in that area by garment factory workers. One at Kaikondrahalli-Dodda Kannelli & another one at Bellandur Gate.
Thanks sachinpk. The one today should be from the factory opposite Total Mall?
Old 19th April 2016, 11:51   #11252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Thanks sachinpk. The one today should be from the factory opposite Total Mall?
That one, and there are also some factories near the St. Peter's School at Kaikondrahalli. Don't know if those folks are messing up things at Doddakanneli side.
Old 19th April 2016, 11:57   #11253
Senior - BHPian

Reports coming in of huge jam on Tumkur road and ORR towards kanteerava studio due to garment factory employees protests near Jalahalli cross/peenya. Heard that traffic is piled up from gorguntepalaya to IISc.
Old 19th April 2016, 12:02   #11254
Distinguished - BHPian

Protest against PF rule ! Wonder why only garment workers are protesting. Does this rule not apply to everyone?

Disrupting traffic on such a large scale at multiple entry points in the city looks like a well planned politically backed scheme and not just a random act of protest. Considering the number of people who are gathered i doubt if all of them are indeed garment workers.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th April 2016 at 12:05.
sagarpadaki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 12:36   #11255
Senior - BHPian

Received official communication from our company's crisis management team.

Quote:
Dear All,

Pls note below the latest update from Bangalore transport team with respect to the protest by Garment factory workers at Bangalore. Currently (as of 10:30 am 19th April) following areas are impacted

1.Yeshwanthpur
2.Peenya
3.Silk board to Electronic city
4.Sarjapur Road
5.Mysore Road
6.BTM Layout
7.Bellandur-Marathalli -Iblur Outer ring road
Old 19th April 2016, 12:59   #11256
Team-BHP Support

I got an alert just before my cab arrived, then found out I was clubbed with a BTM 2nd Stage colleague. Transport desk claimed inability to re-route the other chap due to cab shortage so opted to get off and WFH.

Dodged by a whisker. Phew!
Old 19th April 2016, 13:16   #11257
BHPian

I go from HSR to Electronics City daily. Thanks to Whatsapp I managed to get an update and not step out from home. WFH today and indeed, dodged by a whisker!!

This PF thing, as brought up by someone earlier, doesnt it effect us all salaried people?
Old 19th April 2016, 13:24   #11258
knp
BHPian

I got stuck at Bommansandra and Roads towards Jigani are completely blocked. I had to do stunts to take my car out of lanes and go through some interior and village roads to reach home. I was very scared as the mobs carrying paper rolls looks like big sticks and banging on the vehicles that they come across (even, my car got few beating and have some small dents on the side mirror and bonnet).
Old 19th April 2016, 14:28   #11259
BHPian

As I see, starting this Monday onwards the traffic situation in Whitefield is quite better than usual. Is it because most of the people who have school going kids have gone on holidays. Or is there some other reason?
Old 19th April 2016, 14:31   #11260
Senior - BHPian

Sarjapur Road is clear now; but there are cops stationed near the Fire Station and Kaikondrahalli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
This PF thing, as brought up by someone earlier, doesnt it effect us all salaried people?
Of course it does. But we remain complacent and swallow the bitter pill instead of taking it to the streets, because it's not going to affect our daily bread for quite some time. We have rulers who fit the analogy of Nero, so let's all keep waiting for the place to start burning, before we realise it's time to get out of all the hype and propaganda.
silversteed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:55   #11261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
It does effect all people who pay into PF. But for many people PF is the only fall back they have; if they wish to get some good funds quickly. PF allows money to be with drawn for buying a house, for the marriage of the kids etc. A negative fall out would be that at the age of 58 when a person is really old (and sick), he may not have any money to help him live decently. All his PF funds may have got exhausted.

The government on the other hand, I feel is trying to ensure that when people get old they do have some good amount with them which would help them to take care of themselves. The national pension scheme (NPS) also has some similar provisions. The Pension is not allowed to be "commuted" completely. The pensioner would have to forcibly take up a health care insurance with part of the amount, and the rest would come in as monthly pension. The health care insurance is to be used when the pensioner gets hospitalized.

The change of direction seems to be obvious. Every one is encouraged to make their own investments and savings wisely and at the earliest start date. And also plan them in such a way that they all remain self-sufficient even when they become old. Nuclear families, kids living away from parents are all becoming a reality. Government health care facilities (which are cheaper) are becoming deficient in quality. The life span of people are also increasing.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:59   #11262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Received official communication from our company's crisis management team.
Where in BTM Layout? I usually take the lake road route to reach Bellandur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I was very scared as the mobs carrying paper rolls looks like big sticks and banging on the vehicles that they come across (even, my car got few beating and have some small dents on the side mirror and bonnet).
Now thats scary!
Old 19th April 2016, 15:06   #11263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Where in BTM Layout? I usually take the lake road route to reach Bellandur.
Me too use the same road.
Since the epicentre is Bomanahalli / Silkboard, I believe the jam would be between Jayadeva Flyover to Silk Board junction.\

Since BTM is the exit point, nearby areas like JP Nagar, Jayanagar will also be affected.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 15:20   #11264
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the whole of tumkur road and surrounding areas are now in maroon instead of Hosur road. Maybe they started rioting in Tumkur road when most of the police force was moved to Hosur road. Nice tactics seen.
Old 19th April 2016, 15:37   #11265
BHPian

my sister, who is supposed to travel to chitradurga reached majestic now, only to be told that buses will start only after 5pm. At any cost, she has to reach chitradurga by tonight, so i am just hoping that normalcy will prevail by 5pm so that vehicular movement can resume.
These morons will never understand how much trouble a normal person has to undergo whenever they resort to these things :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks