Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:07   #5251
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Huge pileup on BETL today at 11am. A bus has broken down on the right lane just after the lay bye towards E-City.

Last I saw they were sending a tow truck in the opposite direction to tow the bus. I don't know how the tow truck will take a U-turn to tow the bus out.
The Bus was still stationary with a Crane ahead of it & perhaps a rescue van with some men in action in the same position even when I passed this place around 4:30pm today.

Last friday around 2:30pm there were at least 4 vehicles stranded at various locations in one direction on BETL. The last 2 were trucks which were stranded in both the lanes (One on fast lane while the other on slow) and separated by less than 300 meters!!

Talk about BETL and stranded vehicles, I guess I have seen the maximum in the month of November.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 21:33   #5252
BHPian

Huge traffic jams in and around Bull Temple Road (Basavanagudi) due to Kadalekai Parishe.
Hopefully will be cleared by Wednesday.
samish_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 08:20   #5253
Senior - BHPian

Those who drive in the direciton of Vydehi Hospital to Graphite India signal, beware.

A truck has broken down just after the junction in front of Indian Oil petrol bunk, 100 meters before the signal. This is causing hindrance not only to straight traffic, but also to the traffic that comes out of the narrow road next to Indian Oil petrol bunk and heads to Graphite India signal. Fortunately, I reached the place at 8 AM. I can't imagine the chaos during peak hours.
rohanjf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 12:54   #5254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
....Those who drive in the direciton of Vydehi Hospital to Graphite India signal, beware.

A truck has broken down just after the junction in front of Indian Oil petrol bunk, 100 meters before the signal. This is causing hindrance not only to straight traffic, but also to the traffic that comes out of the narrow road next to Indian Oil petrol bunk and heads to Graphite India signal. Fortunately, I reached the place at 8 AM. I can't imagine the chaos during peak hours.
That truck was there when I crossed that point at 11:30. Took me more than 30 minutes from Hanuman temple till that point. Traffic was chaotic. Police had to block one side of the traffic and open both roads for traffic coming towards Vydehi.
Old 4th December 2013, 13:23   #5255
BHPian

My ride is not here in Bangalore so last two days I am using public transport to reach my office near ITPL Back gate from my home at AECS Layout. These are the events happened in today's commute:

- Me and my friend started from home(D block AECS Layout) around 9.45 AM.
- My friend need to reach office early so he decided to walk towards the nearby BEML Layout bus stop and get a bus from there.
- As usual I decided to walk the longer distance to CMRIT and get a bus from there.
- Friend boarded a bus from BEML layout bus stop at 9.50 AM and got stuck in traffic from there onwards
- Me on reaching CMRIT, saw the long queue of vehicles and decided to walk towards Graphite India.
- The traffic was moving slower than my pace and at last I got a bus from Igate bus stop to reach my office at 10.35 AM
- My friend reached office at 11.05 AM after sitting around 1.5 hours in the bus.

Lesson learned: Walking is better on a day like this, it saved some Vitamin-M and burned some calories
I was also happy that I don't have my car here, otherwise I should have been one of them getting stuck in the traffic for hours. The traffic was very high on both sides, the truck brake down caused a long queue of vehicles from Graphite India signal till Vydehi hospital. The vehicles from SAP labs which need to go towards I gate were stuck in front of Ginger as they were not able to take U-turn. This made the traffic from Kundanhalli colony towards ITPL to build up.
denver85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:28   #5256
BHPian

The road from ITPL towards Hoody was blocked by the police today morning. It appears that there was an accident. Does anyone know what happened?
Old 4th December 2013, 14:32   #5257
BHPian

This morning, heard there was an accident near "The Zuri" - the hotel located between Big Bazaar (ITPL) and Hoody circle. Heard - a school kid was run-over by a lorry. There was huge traffic pile-up until the HP near Mahadevapura.

Saw lotsa cops near the Zuri today. there are so many school kids trying to cross the road and have never seen a cop helping them around.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:34   #5258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
The road from ITPL towards Hoody was blocked by the police today morning. It appears that there was an accident. Does anyone know what happened?
My colleague mentioned that there was an accident in that area.

A two wheeler was trying to avoid potholes and lost balance; in the due course, a kid sitting on the two wheeler fell off and was run over by a lorry.

Poor soul :(

Thanks to our Govt for maintaining Bangalore roads
500ContyCruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:37   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I heard is that there was an accident a little ahead of Zuri and that a child was killed. As usual mob fury and the truck was burnt. Locals had blocked the road with stones and the cops had to intervene.

This is purely based on what I heard from our colleagues en-route office, usually such news comes with a lot of unwanted masala too.I would rather wait till it's out in the newspapers.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:46   #5260
BHPian

Oh! Thats sad! Was the road reopened later?
Old 4th December 2013, 14:51   #5261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! Thats sad! Was the road reopened later?
I am leaving office in a few minutes. Will post once I reach home.
Old 4th December 2013, 15:22   #5262
BHPian

How many pothole related deaths we need before BDA/BBMP fixes the roads of Bangalore ? Unimaginable thick skin these guys have !!!
Old 5th December 2013, 12:26   #5263
BHPian

Guys "Whitefield Rising" group is planning for a protest drive from SH 35 ( Chaitanya Samarpan) till K R Puram for the demand of motor-able roads. Please join if possible.
This is a very noble idea and I appeal to all the T-bhpian staying in Whitefield to join this for a good cause. Below is the post:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/whit...5051227919483/
sam_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:17   #5264
BHPian

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-km-route-irr-blr.jpg

So, this is my route to my office to MG Road. I go via Koramangala and then turn right into the IRR and then take the immediate left into 6th cross near the Sagar hotel there. Almost everyday, you'll find two or three vehicles trying to turn into this small entrance leading to huge traffic jams on the main road itself. Today, a black Fortuner just squeezed me almost into an auto parked on the side. He never cared to even look and my honking didn't help. Two days ago, a Verna tried to turn in and there was a truck coming out into the IRR and bam! traffic jam time.

From the signal near Dalma restaurant, once we turn right into IRR, I'd assume that it would be easier to form a single line and then get into that street quickly. Instead by blocking everyone else, and oncoming traffic, these idiots just won't go anywhere. I feel like getting down and thrashing some of these guys. But, it would just worsen the situation.

Another problem, there is a stone divider near the entry into IRR for about 50 metres or so. Almost ALL the time, vehicles will try to go into the wrong oncoming lane trying to beat traffic. And then they'll squeeze the motorists who've waited patiently till then to get past the light. There are a few traffic cops there but completely useless.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 15:29   #5265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
What I heard is that there was an accident a little ahead of Zuri and that a child was killed.
I guess this is the same accident which you had mentioned about. As per the reports the truck was not burnt though - News link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks