Old 28th October 2013, 19:24   #5161
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Bangalore Traffic: Close Enough

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1378663_567330303339334_1663793513_n.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:00   #5162
BHPian

Took a BMTC bus after a long time from electronic city to hosa road, as I had given my car for service. The driver took the service road adjacent to nice road instead of the main road. I always used to rant about the buses and other vehicles clogging this narrow road. Was surprised to see the bus was stopped by the cop and warned/fined by them.
Old 28th October 2013, 21:10   #5163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Com'on the 2nd pic shows lots of lane discipline. Lane discipline to most of Indians is an alien word
500ContyCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 06:32   #5164
Team-BHP Support

Is there any update on the blocked Carmelaram road leading up to Gunjur??

Anyone who travelled this way last evening?? I guess I'd have to go back to ORR and its traffic jams for another day today.
Old 29th October 2013, 09:24   #5165
BHPian

Left home from HSR Layout at 8:15 AM to RMZ Ecospace.

HSR Layout 27th Main (area adjacent the Petrol Bunk) is completly blocked by a Shamiana. All the vehicles had to take a detour and this ended up in a long jam at the junction below Agara Flyover

Two vehicles (involved in accident or broke down) between agara and iblur junction causing traffic pile up.
Old 29th October 2013, 10:34   #5166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Left home from HSR Layout at 8:15 AM to RMZ Ecospace.
In stead of ORR try taking the Koramangala, Inner Ring Road, Indiranagar 100 Feet road and OMR. There is traffic but I believe it keeps moving.
Old 29th October 2013, 10:56   #5167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Com'on the 2nd pic shows lots of lane discipline. Lane discipline to most of Indians is an alien word

i think he was referring to the traffic density

same happens to me. leave at 7:30am and its a breeze; leave at 7:40am and i'm stuck in traffic for half hour!
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 10:59   #5168
Senior - BHPian

What a pathetic state of affairs on the streets in Bangalore.

After almost 2 months, I had to visit our Whitefield office today. So I planned to leave early at 7:45AM, from BTM Layout.

I reached our Whitefield office at 9:35 AM !! That's close to two hours !!

The stretch between Siddapura (Shell Bunk) via Nallurahalli, to GE Office junction is utterly screwed up. Add to that, Bikers and Auto guys overtaking (I am not against them going ahead) and blocking the oncoming traffic. What more, they start arguing with the oncoming vehicle driver as to why the biker should move out of his way !! Utter chaos, no civic sense. Brings me shame to see some of those notorious bikers carrying backpacks of our company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i think he was referring to the traffic density
same happens to me. leave at 7:30am and its a breeze; leave at 7:40am and i'm stuck in traffic for half hour!
Exactly, that was my point. At times I take the early (7AM) bus to office. I stand at the bus stop and just see how the traffic density increases and so does the chaos.
I would some day take a time lapse video of how the traffic builds up within a matter of just 5-7mins !!

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 29th October 2013 at 11:03.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 12:01   #5169
BHPian

Nandidurga road yesterday around 10 am to 10:30 was blocked from the airtel office to Millers road. BMTC buses were on both lanes effectively blocking the traffic from all sides.

In the meanwhile a few bus drivers also had time to get down and abuse a few car drivers who pointed fingers at them asking why they are on the wrong lane.

Half an hour felt like 3 hours.
Old 29th October 2013, 12:28   #5170
BHPian

There is a lot of build up of traffic at Kundhalahalli and Graphite India Signals even at 8 in the morning for no reason at all. The worst part is, even the Alpine Eco shortcut jams up due to errant cab drivers.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:03   #5171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Is there any update on the blocked Carmelaram road leading up to Gunjur??

Anyone who travelled this way last evening?? I guess I'd have to go back to ORR and its traffic jams for another day today.
Karthik, I am not aware of the Gunjur stretch , but yesterday evening I went Whitefield (via carmelaram) to Bellandur. The road was a complete mess owing to a lot of mud on the road. The traffic was moving at a snail's pace. If the Mud is not dried out( hope it would be seeing today's sun), its gonna be a muddy affair. It was couple of G-2(Big 10)s were not able to steer through the narrow gap which caused the block.

@bharat4ever , today I came at 7.30 , The Graphite signal was OFF ( Yellow), if you can squeeze up to come before 7.45 you might be able to gain good time.

Last edited by TheHkrish : 29th October 2013 at 13:05. Reason: Graphite India Signal update
TheHkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 13:13   #5172
Team-BHP Support

Well, I did Richmond circle to Yelahanka and onto Leela Hotel in 80 minutes.!
Old 29th October 2013, 13:21   #5173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
Karthik, I am not aware of the Gunjur stretch , but yesterday evening I went Whitefield (via carmelaram) to Bellandur. The road was a complete mess owing to a lot of mud on the road. The traffic was moving at a snail's pace. If the Mud is not dried out( hope it would be seeing today's sun), its gonna be a muddy affair. It was couple of G-2(Big 10)s were not able to steer through the narrow gap which caused the block.
thanks for the update TheHKrish. I actually came through Carmelaram today morning (after calling up and confirming with a colleague who lives nearby to ensure the mess was cleared) and found lesser than usual traffic. The weekend rains have messed up the potholes again though. About the mess you were referring to, a villager there told me they are planning to widen the stretch where the road becomes an elevated 'bridge' before Krupanidhi college. There were quite a few cranes and bulldozers today morning at around 10AM when I passed that way. You can see some of the road widening next time you pass by that stretch.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 13:24   #5174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
thanks for the update TheHKrish. I actually came through Carmelaram today morning (after calling up and confirming with a colleague who lives nearby to ensure the mess was cleared) and found lesser than usual traffic. The weekend rains have messed up the potholes again though. About the mess you were referring to, a villager there told me they are planning to widen the stretch where the road becomes an elevated 'bridge' before Krupanidhi college. There were quite a few cranes and bulldozers today morning at around 10AM when I passed that way. You can see some of the road widening next time you pass by that stretch.
Good to know Karthik, I am not attempting the Carmelaram today. Would be leaving in a while , So the ORR it is. Thanks for the Update .

Last edited by TheHkrish : 29th October 2013 at 13:24. Reason: Typo
Old 29th October 2013, 14:32   #5175
Senior - BHPian

Oh no! I need to go to Decathlon (Sarjapur road) directly from office today. I was planning to take ORR - Kadubisanahalli - Kannelli - Carmelaram - Kodathi. Now I need to make a different plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
@bharat4ever , today I came at 7.30 , The Graphite signal was OFF ( Yellow), if you can squeeze up to come before 7.45 you might be able to gain good time.
I was at the signal just a few minutes later. As I was approaching the signal, I saw the blinking yellow lights. Suddenly the lights turned red. I noticed the constable switching on the lights.

I usually pass this signal at this time. I think today the cop was late in reaching the spot to switch on the signal.

----

And my yesterday's funny incident: I was going on Panattur road in the evening. As you might know, the road is broad enough to be a 4 lane, but the condition of the road is pathetic. And because of rains, the whole road has turned into a slush.

So I was forced to follow this Civic crawling on that road. I was so irritated that I felt I could get out of my car and push it and still overtake the Civic. I was hoping that he would move to the left and give me way, since the whole width is bad. It wouldn't make any difference to him anyway. I did not honk, because I don't like to.

After waiting for many seconds, I found an opportunity to overtake him, as there was no oncoming traffic. I gave enough space between us, fearing the Civic guy might suddenly swerve right to avoid some pothole. Once I overtook him, I noticed him honking and flashing his lights. Wondering what was wrong, I stopped on the side. He stopped on my right and he and his wife started shouting me, "is that the way to drive?".

Confused, I said, "you were very slow, so I overtook you". Then the driver showed me his right side. I had ended up splashing mud on his right arm :-(

I felt really bad, because I didn't consider the slush on the road. And I certainly did not expect a Civic guy to drive with windows down. That stretch sees a lot of water tankers, and these guys are never slow. I didn't mind dirtying his car, since no car travelling on that stretch can remain clean. Should I feel sorry for dirtying him, or be happy that he pulled up the window glass and saved himself for getting splashed with mud by water tankers?

Last edited by rohanjf : 29th October 2013 at 14:34.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks