Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2013, 08:35   #5266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

As you know, many potholes around Whitefield area were filled recently. Not with tar, but with a mix of gravels of various sizes, including fine dust.

Now that these patches are coming off, there is lot of gravel lying on the Graphite India junction. Today morning, a policeman was trying to move it to the side using a mop. Neither is it his responsibility, nor is he equipped with suitable tool. He was doing it for the road users. Sadly, no biker ever slowed down to let the policeman clear the gravel. Bikers rode over the gravel that the policeman had accumulated, and it scattered all over the place again. Then the policeman gave up and went to do his duty.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 10:19   #5267
Senior - BHPian

Don't really understand what the issue will be to the residents of Koramangala.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5426604.ece
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 16:32   #5268
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
As you know, many potholes around Whitefield area were filled recently. Not with tar, but with a mix of gravels of various sizes, including fine dust.

Now that these patches are coming off, there is lot of gravel lying on the Graphite India junction. Today morning, a policeman was trying to move it to the side using a mop. Neither is it his responsibility, nor is he equipped with suitable tool. He was doing it for the road users. Sadly, no biker ever slowed down to let the policeman clear the gravel. Bikers rode over the gravel that the policeman had accumulated, and it scattered all over the place again. Then the policeman gave up and went to do his duty.
This is nuts . How insensitive can humans be?

I mean c'mon, here a chap trying to do something for the benefit of the motorists, even though he is not supposed to be doing it. If you can't help him, atleast show some gratitude by not spoiling his work!
Old 6th December 2013, 16:58   #5269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Welcome to the real Bangalore. Where people are just focused on making some quick rupees, in the process trampling all over...including decency.
Old 6th December 2013, 17:11   #5270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

I mean c'mon, here a chap trying to do something for the benefit of the motorists, even though he is not supposed to be doing it. If you can't help him, atleast show some gratitude by not spoiling his work!
Reminds me of famous sanskrit saying (though no offense meant and pure pun intended) "Yatha Raja Tatha Praja" Meaning: "as the king so the people". It is many of these people who brought incompetent bunch to power by voting for them. Cant expect anything better!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Don't really understand what the issue will be to the residents of Koramangala.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5426604.ece
Expect the work to be stalled the moment it starts since someone will bring stay order by filing PIL. Even couple of years back the underpass project between Jakkasandra and st. john's signal met the same fate making the stretch more chaotic by diverting the traffic between krupanidhi signal and Jakkasandra signal to a narrow service road. Such a sorry state of affairs that after the work was stalled it took the civic authorities more than 1 year to clear the mess they created on the name of underpass

Last edited by lazybrain : 6th December 2013 at 17:19.
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 17:12   #5271

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

Kudos to the cop. But I guess bikers wanted to "bite the dust". Seriously though, I feel bad for the traffic policemen. It used to be a common sight in Bangalore with some civic sense, now its trash.
2013 Bangalore is "hip, Happening, Shimmering and Lightning". They do not have time for patience. Patience is old school and they are too cool to be schooled.
Being a Bangalorean, I am ashamed and appalled by the new attitude of Bangalore. Everyone wants to fight and argue.
Yesterday evening when I requested a biker to dim his lights I was shown the finger. In return I showed him my hands (with 10 fingers of course).
Vkrm_Rghvn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 00:59   #5272
Senior - BHPian

Just found this quote on Facebook. Sounds so apt for the people around us.
RIP The Legend.

Quote:
Mandela spent 27 years in prison and preached tolerance.
We want to destroy the world after two hours in traffic.
There's a long way to go ...

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 7th December 2013 at 01:00.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 13:09   #5273
BHPian

Few pictures of the Protests which we did in Whitefield and the march to BBMP office on 7th Dec in demand of better roads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1108856...7638448804413/
sam_boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 13:37   #5274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
Few pictures of the Protests which we did in Whitefield and the march to BBMP office on 7th Dec in demand of better roads.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1108856...7638448804413/
Amazing initiative !! Absolutely loved the captions / slogans !!

Hope it brings on some shame on the thick skinned officers at BBMP.

What was the outcome ? Did you guys file any complaint or was there any assurance provided by the BBMP officials ?

EDIT::
Just saw the 3rd page of pictures. I see that you met a bald and cunning looking guy. Is he someone from BBMP ? His smile makes my blood boil. Such a cunning and wicked face he has. I am sure he would have made multiple promises which would turn out fake. The solution to eradicating these kind of people is to file murder cases against them. The little girl who dies, her parents should go ahead and file a murder case against the ward leader / member or BBMP. Someone should be held accountable and his/her life should be made hell in legal tangles.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 9th December 2013 at 13:44. Reason: Added EDIT section.
Old 9th December 2013, 13:41   #5275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Amazing initiative !! Absolutely loved the captions / slogans !!

Hope it brings on some shame on the thick skinned officers at BBMP.

What was the outcome ? Did you guys file any complaint or was there any assurance provided by the BBMP officials ?
I read one quote in another article related to this protest

"Meanwhile, Whitefield residents are fed up of bad roads and had a huge protest on Sat. In that, JC has been quoted: Joint Commissioner, Mahadevapura Zone, stated that while the potholes are certainly present on the road, the onus is on the commuters to be careful."

Not very confidence inspiring!!
Old 9th December 2013, 14:02   #5276
BHPian

Its time AAP fought the BBMP elections.
Given that second highest donations for AAP came from Bangalore - its sure to be a cakewalk for them here.

Last edited by LonelyPlanet : 9th December 2013 at 14:03.
Old 9th December 2013, 14:41   #5277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Just saw the 3rd page of pictures. I see that you met a bald and cunning looking guy. Is he someone from BBMP ? His smile makes my blood boil. Such a cunning and wicked face he has. I am sure he would have made multiple promises which would turn out fake. The solution to eradicating these kind of people is to file murder cases against them. The little girl who dies, her parents should go ahead and file a murder case against the ward leader / member or BBMP. Someone should be held accountable and his/her life should be made hell in legal tangles.
Good observation, he indeed is the BBMP Joint commissioner. If you see the pictures carefully, there is Mr RK Misra ( the winner of Lead India campaign organized by the Times of India in 2008). With the presence of Misra Ji and few other learned and senior people it was not easy for him to bluff, but he showed his helplessness in getting the funds from Government, but promised that situation would improve in next 1 month.

If this does not happen then we guys would again go and this time to the BBMP commissioner sitting somewhere inside Bangalore city. Spread the word among your friends who stay in the areas closer who also can be a part of the movement.
Old 9th December 2013, 14:52   #5278
Senior - BHPian

I am gladly saddened (or sadly gladdened) to announce the demise of our beloved potholes between Varthur and Varthur Kodi. Last week, the evil PWD filled all deep and shallow, old and new potholes.

I took so much effort in memorising the location and depth of each pothole. I tried different speeds to find out the optimum speed and gear to drive through each pothole. I even measured the depth and width, and thus the area of every pothole. And now all my efforts have gone to waste.

Oh wait, not all is lost. The authorities have taken every bit of effort to ensure that these potholes return within a few months.

I have an idea. Once the potholes are back, let us marry two of the oldest potholes. We will celebrate the wedding by closing the whole Varthur road stretch, since closing the main roads is a norm for celebrating local festivals. Our own Manoj aka mannubhai wanted to celebrate his Mamba's 25 months, so we can use the Mamba as the wedding car.
rohanjf is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 14:53   #5279
Distinguished - BHPian

Off topic, but AAP should seriously contest in karnataka elections atleast from Bangalore. It will be nice to see the BJP and Congress whooped in their back yard. They have started on the right note in Delhi. Its time they start campaigning in bangalore. I am sure they will have easy wins here
Old 9th December 2013, 15:43   #5280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_boy View Post
...... but he showed his helplessness in getting the funds from Government, but promised that situation would improve in next 1 month.
Red Tape is the easiest answer/helplessness, a corrupt fellow can give.

Quote:
If this does not happen then we guys would again go and this time to the BBMP commissioner sitting somewhere inside Bangalore city. Spread the word among your friends who stay in the areas closer who also can be a part of the movement.
Please do post a quick note on this thread about the date, location and time, so that I can spread the word with my friends residing in Whitefield area. I am sure most of them are as haunted as you and me. (well, I stay in BTM, but travel to Whitefield daily, and hence haunted)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks