Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2014, 09:56   #5416
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like the Nagwara ORR junction flyover next to Manyata will be inaugurated today.

Pretty quick construction!
Great news.. anyway, today's traffic will be less due to the strike.
Old 13th January 2014, 10:11   #5417
BHPian

Sparse traffic today, reached Whitefield today in 40 minutes flat from HSR. Guess it's the combination of long weekend and 'strike'.
Old 13th January 2014, 10:20   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like the Nagwara ORR junction flyover next to Manyata will be inaugurated today.

Pretty quick construction!
Looks like the traffic will be allowed to go on the flyover from both sides, i.e KR puram bound as well as Hebbal bound. Saw temporary dividers being placed on flyover ramp.

However, As I said earlier, all the time saved here will be lost at Tin factory junction and as a consequence of free flowing traffic at Nagavara, the load on Tin factory will only increase. IMO, people heading towards Whitefield and beyond will not save any considerable amount of time.
Old 13th January 2014, 10:40   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
However, As I said earlier, all the time saved here will be lost at Tin factory junction and as a consequence of free flowing traffic at Nagavara, the load on Tin factory will only increase. IMO, people heading towards Whitefield and beyond will not save any considerable amount of time.
On the opposite side, Hebbal will be the new bottleneck. The narrow road next to the flyover leading to the hebbal junction, traffic signal, service road plagued with potholes and parked BMTC buses will contribute to this bottleneck.
Old 13th January 2014, 11:14   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
... Crossed SilkBoard in 5th Gear (Record Crossing ), while the Signal was Green. Yes, I was constantly eyeing for signal jumpers and was prepared.
There have been these rare instances when I get a green on all signals on Hosur road from Forum signal through Madiwala checkpost, St. John's Hospital, Madiwala market, and beyond, and I won't have to slow down at all. Ask me what time? 2 o'clock early in the morning (or dead of the night)
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2014, 18:17   #5421
BHPian

Please avoid the underpass on HSR layout 27th Main. There was an accident involving a lorry on the middle service road leading towards Agara. Please take the overpass and then take a right at the next underpass near the BDA complex road. Vehicles were piling up as I was coming from Agara towards Sarjapur road.
Old 14th January 2014, 21:36   #5422
BHPian

Today's incident:

I am driving on Ring road somewhere near Delmia circle. I notice a Mahindra Winger cab trying to squeeze in the gap on my left. I promptly close the gap and he barges on to my right, bullies me and crosses me, all this in thick evening traffic. I see him do the same for a couple of other vehicles in front of me. I see the 'Call xxxxx in case of rash driving' sticker on the vehicle and call the number.

The 'XXX Company' transport guy at the other end writes down the vehicle number and the location. I request him to take the complaint seriously and take action on the driver.

Five minutes later I receive a call from an unknown number. It's the driver of the vehicle I reported. He speaks to me in Kannada and says " It seems you complained against me. Am I flying the vehicle?" I say "Yes you are driving rash and that's why I reported." He starts threatening me and foul mouthing. I give it back, tell him "I'll lodge a police complaint if you call me again."

I call back the number I dialed to report the complaint. I ask him "How can you give my number to the driver?" He coolly says "The driver wanted to speak to you so I gave it." I ask him to transfer the call to his head at which he promptly cuts the call. Meanwhile the driver is trying to call me again and again and I put his number on the reject list.

Now, I know which company the cab belonged to, I know the vehicle number, I have both the above mentioned phone numbers and call logs.

How can I take this ahead?

I'm sure many people will advice me to forget this and move on, but is it right? This attitude, this arrogance by the driver and the concerned authorities, shouldn't they be corrected?
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 21:52   #5423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
While reporting the errant driver to the police is the right thing to do, nothing will come from it. Evidence is what the authorities would want, and even if you did have it, it would end with a Rs. 100 fine. Do register your complaint on Public eye

More importantly, the manner in which the complaint's department handled your complaint, shows that the MNC doesn't really care. The ones receiving the complaint and the one you complained about are in cahoots.

Last edited by vinu_h : 14th January 2014 at 21:53.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 22:24   #5424
BHPian

Quote:
Now, I know which company the cab belonged to, I know the vehicle number, I have both the above mentioned phone numbers and call logs.

I'm sure many people will advice me to forget this and move on, but is it right? This attitude, this arrogance by the driver and the concerned authorities, shouldn't they be corrected?
Do mention the company name. Here there are people from many organization, definitely we can take it up to the guys sitting up. The problem is we do not make a fuss in most of the cases, that is why they do not take us seriously
Old 15th January 2014, 04:34   #5425
BHPian

Quote:
Today's incident:

I am driving on Ring road somewhere near Delmia circle. I notice a Mahindra Winger cab.....

I suppose you meant a TATA Winger. As mentioned by others, please mention the company's name.
Old 15th January 2014, 06:43   #5426
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
KA 53 B 0044 Silver Innova cab deputed to Cisco. Sporting a big sticker saying 'In case of rash driving....' 0830 am upto 0845am.From HSR Layout 27th Main Road, Hanuman Temple Flyover Junction this morning right up to the Koramangala 1st Block 'Aishwarya Supermarket' junction, this guy was on his mobile phone and was weaving in and out of traffic. Nearly side swiped me three times and was completely oblivious to it. I could not photograph him as it would have been too dangerous despite my phone mount. If there is anyone here from Cisco, please report this guy. He should be sacked summarily from your travel agency/ service provider.
Quoting myself here because, as it happens, I happened to play golf last weekend with a gent from Cisco. Promptly gave him this erring driver's cab number and date of offence. Being a pretty senior bloke at Cisco, he will be able to do the needful.
If there is any offending cab, it is better if we can take a photo of the same using the car phone mount or whatever, without of course, endangering ones self and others.
Nothing speaks like a picture.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:38   #5427
BHPian

Alright folks the vehicle bearing the number KA 53 B 620 belongs to IBM.

If there is anybody here who can take this forward with the concerned people in that organization, please do let me know.

Unfortunately, I do not have any picture as I was driving too. Plus, it's impossible to show rash driving in a still picture anyway.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 15th January 2014 at 09:56.
Old 15th January 2014, 13:58   #5428
BHPian

If anyone wants to enjoy a perfect drive they should have been on the roads yesterday and today. Easy, very few cabbies and 'most' people driving sanely.

Last Friday, was the exact opposite. I left from my office (around Graphite India) around 6pm and took an excruciating 2 hours to reach Shantinagar.
Old 15th January 2014, 14:43   #5429
BHPian

I beg to differ. Had to do a trip to Navrang from HSR layout yesterday. Was stuck at Minerva for more than an hour due to a diversion because of Eid celebrations.
Learnt my lesson, and on the way back took the Malleshwaram, MG road, Vivek Nagar route.
Another diversion at around 7:30 PM near Vivek Nagar. Was stuck there for another hour.
I really don't know how they can divert huge buses into those small lanes in Vivek nagar.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 16:19   #5430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I beg to differ. Had to do a trip to Navrang from HSR layout yesterday. Was stuck at Minerva for more than an hour due to a diversion because of Eid celebrations.
Learnt my lesson, and on the way back took the Malleshwaram, MG road, Vivek Nagar route.
Another diversion at around 7:30 PM near Vivek Nagar. Was stuck there for another hour.
I really don't know how they can divert huge buses into those small lanes in Vivek nagar.
I agree. I got stuck at JC road since it was closed for traffic. Only option was to go right towards lalbagh road or left and since I was on the left lane, turned left and stopped to check the GPS for directions since I had never taken this route earlier despite being in this city for over 30 years.

The GPS took me through some narrow lanes and finally had to go through Binny mills road and through Majestic to Malleswaram. Had a harrowing time negotiating the roads since they were filled with people celebrating on the streets.

Cops were pretty helpful though. Asked one cop for directions and he cleared the mass of people in front of my car so i could drive through with ease.

Took around 2 hrs to reach malleswaram from eCity.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks