Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2014, 12:21   #6766
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This morning there was a fully loaded truck with flat tyres stopped in the middle of the road just after the Hoodi signal going towards ITPL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Encountered very bad traffic today morning. Took me 1 hour to cover 5kms from Agara to Devarabisanahalli. First there was a truck broke down (in fact it was a new truck, so seems like it ran out of fuel, and the cops were scolding the driver very badly) near Iblur bus stop. And there was another truck unloading construction material at Devarabisanahalli junction.
These trucks are a nuisance. A container truck had a flat tire last morning at Varthur tank bund and it took more than 30 minutes for me to cross the Varthur lake. I was lucky to cross in 30 minutes. My colleague who arrived little late at the scene witnessed a traffic jam extending for more than 4 km due to this stupid truck. He took more than 1.5 hours to cross the lake.
Old 10th October 2014, 13:47   #6767
Senior - BHPian

Today morning at around 10 AM there was a huge pile of vehicles at Agara (below the flyover) with vehicles from all possible directions trying to inch ahead. I did not see any traffic cop to regulate the vehicle movement. Truly pathetic scene.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:09   #6768
Senior - BHPian

From BTP:

Quote:
Slow moving traffic @ Marathalli Bridge Jn towards Kadubeesanahalli on ORR due to bus breakdown.
This is becoming an all too familiar story.

Some truck or bus breaks down every single day.

And the result is a huge pileup.

Looks like it's another frustrating ride back home that awaits me today.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:33   #6769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Some truck or bus breaks down every single day.
Hardly any road has breakdown lane or option to temporarily park broken down vehicles. Hence the obstruction.
Old 10th October 2014, 16:53   #6770
Senior - BHPian

Live Update:

An EMC company bus has broken down at the foot of Agara flyover while going towards Silk Board.
The bus is parked on the right lane just as you come down the Agara flyover towards HSR. Be careful folks.
Expect jams !!
Old 10th October 2014, 17:14   #6771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
These trucks are a nuisance. A container truck had a flat tire last morning at Varthur tank bund and it took more than 30 minutes for me to cross the Varthur lake..
Quite agree to this. I mean which sane city in the world would allow for huge trucks to operate within city during office hours? they should be only allowed after 9pm and before 7am only.

If they break down at that time, well, nothing can be done but at least the situation would be much better than what it is now.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:45   #6772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Hardly any road has breakdown lane or option to temporarily park broken down vehicles. Hence the obstruction.
True.

But why allow such vehicles into the city in the first place?

Yesterday evening, I saw one of those huge Maersk trucks loitering around on Old Airport Road. Damn thing was moving so slowly and is so huge, it caused a massive jam behind it! (Literally!)

And these big vehicles taking U-Turns, the less said the better.

I feel these U-Turns are one of the primary causes for traffic jams on Old Airport Road. Neither party wants to relent, and consequentially, both lanes are jammed.

Luckily, my commute wasn't too bad. Just waited for a long time at Kundanahalli Gate. Once that was cleared, it was "smooth" (relatively, of course. )

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 10th October 2014 at 17:53. Reason: Too many smileys! I avoided the mods' wrath! :P
Old 10th October 2014, 18:07   #6773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Quite agree to this. I mean which sane city in the world would allow for huge trucks to operate within city during office hours? they should be only allowed after 9pm and before 7am only.

If they break down at that time, well, nothing can be done but at least the situation would be much better than what it is now.
The problem is that authorities still consider Whitefield, EC, ORR and other such areas as 'outskirts' and allow the trucks to ply during peak hours. These areas were outside the city limits 10 years back but not anymore. In fact these areas are more crowded than the 'city limits'.
Old 11th October 2014, 10:45   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
The problem is that authorities still consider Whitefield, EC, ORR and other such areas as 'outskirts' and allow the trucks to ply during peak hours. These areas were outside the city limits 10 years back but not anymore. In fact these areas are more crowded than the 'city limits'.
Could not agree more, ORR/Marathalli/Kundalahalli gate is more crowded than CBD now a days...Apart from the truck, local private buses are next big nuisance as they drive very rashly at high speeds. They don't care damn for other vehicles on the road. If I see those buses on RVM, quietly give them the right way spaciously than to encounter them.
Old 11th October 2014, 11:22   #6775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Yesterday evening, I saw one of those huge Maersk trucks loitering around on Old Airport Road. Damn thing was moving so slowly and is so huge, it caused a massive jam behind it!
There are these long trucks that come to HAL (Flight Operations Center). These come from Marathahalli side and are unable to take the left turn into the FOC gate. So they take a full 270-degree turn to the right to in lieu of this 90-degree left turn. It is a sight to behold (though it blocks up traffic at that junction for a while).
Old 11th October 2014, 16:08   #6776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post

I think that we should bombard the BTP facebook page with photos HTV photos in city limits everyday with the hope that they will wake up some day.
Old 11th October 2014, 18:54   #6777
Senior - BHPian

I came to this thread to rant about HTVs taking U-turns, only to see everyone complaining about it!

I encountered three HTVs taking U-turns, within a span of 3 kms. First was in front of Decathlon Sarjapur road. A trailer carrying cars blocked traffic for more than ten minutes.

Next was a trailer carrying iron rods for construction, taking U-turn in front of Bata showroom near Wipro. I was stuck there for at least ten minutes. The road is not broad enough to allow easy turns even for cars. Imagine an HTV!

As if I hadn't suffered enough, another big truck taking U-turn in front of Sarjapur road fire station, blocked me for another ten minutes.

The biggest problem for all trucks was, bikers sneaking past and forcing the truckers to stop frequently.
Old 12th October 2014, 07:31   #6778
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Brigade Road & Residency Road last evening. These roads now qualify to be brand ambassadors for the current condition of bad roads in Bangalore
The rains in the last few days have brought out the multiple layers of patch works carried out in the past - on Brigade Road there are concentric circles (miniature grand canyons if you will!) that clearly show multiple layers of asphalt!
Old 13th October 2014, 10:13   #6779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These trucks are a nuisance.
+1. And the trucks have now pretty much taken over all roads in and around the city. The main trouble makers are the huge tipper trucks ferrying soil from construction sites. They are slow movers and occupies pretty much the entire road. There were certain short cuts I used to take from EC to reach Sarjapur Rd. All of them are now pretty much unusable thanks to these trucks .
Old 13th October 2014, 10:15   #6780
Senior - BHPian

saw this on Facebook, this is really a new low for BTP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks