Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2014, 10:36   #6751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
In the Air Port Road stretch and in the Inner Ring Road area. Both these places were heavily flooded. My prime suspect is the clogged drains in the area. Water has no way to get out of the area.
The zone between the two HAL police stations - I have been getting stuck here during monsoons for several years now. Nothing, absolutely nothing has been done. Speaks volumes of the civic governance of Bangalore.

Saw this tweet from BTP about 5 minutes ago:

Slow moving traffic @ Marathalli Bridge Jn towards Whitefield on ITPL Main Rd due to bus breakdown.
Old 9th October 2014, 11:49   #6752
Senior - BHPian

Water logging was everywhere this morning and it just made traffic worse. Here's me wading through the river at Ejipura signal:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1412835593.322551.jpg
Old 9th October 2014, 11:58   #6753
Senior - BHPian

There was an article in yesterday's deccan herald about the CM setting revised revenue targets for the BBMP officials. His take, people enjoy facilities (including B Khata property owners) like Roads, Drainage, Sewerage, Parks e.t.c. I was like, Errrr... where are these in Bangalore? Hideous and Ridiculous that the CM thinks the people of the city are ENJOYING, if anything we are cursing and ranting, and if they take that as enjoying, then I wonder who can help us.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:40   #6754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
There was an article in yesterday's deccan herald about the CM setting revised revenue targets for the BBMP officials. His take, people enjoy facilities (including B Khata property owners) like Roads, Drainage, Sewerage, Parks e.t.c. I was like, Errrr... where are these in Bangalore? Hideous and Ridiculous that the CM thinks the people of the city are ENJOYING, if anything we are cursing and ranting, and if they take that as enjoying, then I wonder who can help us.
It's the land of ironies. The CM thinks we are enjoying the facilities (potholes, flooded roads, open manholes - facilities that are not available even in the most developed nations), the transport minister and his minions think the very same people that contribute to the city and state's revenue are a security threat - these are just the tip of the ice berg.

I have my sympathies towards the hapless BTP personnel and traffic wardens who have to be at the receiving end for the incompetence of the civic bodies.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 12:51   #6755
Senior - BHPian

I think the CM is right. He is thinking we are enjoying the things since he gets to enjoy the same. Hopefully he doesn't travel when it pours or he uses the good roads.
Old 9th October 2014, 12:54   #6756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Water logging was everywhere this morning and it just made traffic worse. Here's me wading through the river at Ejipura signal:
I rode from CV Raman Nagar to Cooke town around 1030p last night. It was raining, but roads looked like rivers!
Jeevanahalli underpass was so filled, which it normally does even under normal rains, this time the water level was so high that the approach roads to the underpass were flooded for around 100 meters before. I normally see a bus or car half submerged. This time I saw a Dzire floating around just under the railway line

And even more messed up was the 3 underpasses next to the Police station at Cox town. Heading towards ITC Infotech from the underpass, there were a line of vehicles broken down and the water flow was so strong that it was like I was doing good speed but I was actually crawling and the water hitting my bike created a splash.

The most annoying part of riding or driving on flooded roads are that most of the hero's out there thing fast is better and they hit the flooded part in full clip which makes it difficult for other road users and of course not to mention, just stopping bang in the middle and thinking- should I , should I not.

With what I saw yesterday, I am not surprised people can get washed away since there is no way you can make out if there is a drain or road or some pit in front of you.

In this rate, I can do my Leh trip in Bangalore itself.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:13   #6757
BHPian

Here's a video I had captured last night in Bangalore on my way back home from work.
Route - Old Airport Road to Koramangala - as can be seen at many places there were no street lights, no reflectors in the sections with no street lights, drainage is horrible, my car went through about 1ft deep water, I was worried my car would stall or something, luckily it didn't. Went through fine, however other vehicles were not so lucky, people can be seen pushing their vehicles through clogged roads. This is the condition of Bangalore roads (most roads).
Now to top that there are vehicles coming in opposite direction as seen in the video.
To make things worse I also saw a cab that was stuck on a divider and had blocked the road, which again is due to very poor visibility and so on.

I had posted even on the Bangalore Traffic Police Page on Facebook on December last year, until today the situation is still the same.

A Grave situation for Bangaloreans, no one is bothered to fix anything here
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:20   #6758
BHPian

My 2cents of rant.

Has anybody travelled this Sunday evening on the Mysore-Bangalore "Expressway", I am a victim, I remember reaching Mysore ~5:30-6PM, could reach Hoodi at 12AM, that too after doing a lot of off roading through the left side of the "expressway" (who said Duster cant do offroading). Along with heavy downpouring, Google maps were showing solid red throughout the entire stretch. Major culprit was the dead slow moving traffic over the infinite humps. Cochin-Calicut-Mysore was a breeze w/o any issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
no one is bothered to fix anything here
You are wrong, the so called "Rajas" are trying their best to fix the revenue targets for various depts esp RTO, BBMP etc.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 9th October 2014 at 13:26.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 13:46   #6759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Here's a video I had captured last night in Bangalore on my way back home from work.
You're going to get some condescending self-righteous remarks for that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
You are wrong, the so called "Rajas" are trying their best to fix the revenue targets for various depts esp RTO, BBMP etc.
Absolutely! You missed out BWSSB - the Gods of any form of water flowing/overflowing/not flowing in the city limits
Old 9th October 2014, 13:49   #6760
BHPian

More pics from last nights down pour.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20141008_222849.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20141008wa002.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20141008wa005.jpg  

Old 9th October 2014, 13:59   #6761
BHPian

Quote:
Has anybody travelled this Sunday evening on the Mysore-Bangalore "Expressway", I am a victim, I remember reaching Mysore ~5:30-6PM, could reach Hoodi at 12AM
Feeling sorry for you , but wondering why on earth did you venture on this stretch? We have a dedicated thread for this "expressway"!
Old 9th October 2014, 14:16   #6762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Feeling sorry for you , but wondering why on earth did you venture on this stretch? We have a dedicated thread for this "expressway"!
AMMA ki Jai....

Forgot the issues on this expressway after a long vacation... Now a days I am not interested in the usual NH47 which is boring to drive, for the past couple of times using only SHs.
Old 9th October 2014, 14:26   #6763
BHPian

Quote:
AMMA ki Jai....

Forgot the issues on this expressway after a long vacation... Now a days I am not interested in the usual NH47 which is boring to drive, for the past couple of times using only SHs.
Aahh... same here.. I too returned from Kochi on 5th and used (excellent and empty) SHs in TN, skipping most crowded toll booths, and it was a refreshing drive!
Old 10th October 2014, 09:28   #6764
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning there was a fully loaded truck with flat tyres stopped in the middle of the road just after the Hoodi signal going towards ITPL.
The cop at the junction asked 2 more truck drivers coming from Devasandra side to block the junction till a tow truck could move the broken down truck to the side of the road. This meant all traffic coming from Mahadevapura side and Graphite india side has to just stay put and wait for the clearing operation to complete.

Luckily I took the Devasandra route and was at the junction around 8:10am when the tow truck entered the scene. Waited for 15 minutes till it was cleared and then had an open road all the way till ITPL
Old 10th October 2014, 11:29   #6765
BHPian

Encountered very bad traffic today morning. Took me 1 hour to cover 5kms from Agara to Devarabisanahalli. First there was a truck broke down (in fact it was a new truck, so seems like it ran out of fuel, and the cops were scolding the driver very badly) near Iblur bus stop. And there was another truck unloading construction material at Devarabisanahalli junction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks