Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2013, 11:31   #4516
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

For a change I had a good time on the roads yesterday evening. Left office at 7pm around the Kundalahalli signal and reached home an hour later in Basvangudi through Old Airport Road. The traffic surprisingly very well behaved and not erratic for a Friday evening.
It may be partly put down to the fact that I thought it would be hell on the roads. Wish this could continue.
Old 15th June 2013, 11:44   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Clear violations at 0945-10 am this morning by some filthy MLA or MLC's driver. The vehicle is a Hyundai Santa Fe. Registration Number. KA 01 MH 6222.
Please put it up on BTP's Public eye site.
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx

Although considering the vermin involved, I have my own doubts on whether they will take any action.
hrman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 12:00   #4518
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

Although considering the vermin involved, I have my own doubts on whether they will take any action.
I will post it. However, of what consequence is a Rs 500 fine for an MLA, MLC or politico who is probably looting zillions anyway. This country has absolutely no hope. I really truly hate what it has become.

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2013 at 11:38. Reason: Please avoid using such extreme words. Removing
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 14:46   #4519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
If I am at a signal, how do I determine if the left turn at the signal is a free left? Is it assumed to be a free left if there's no "No Free Left" signboard present?
A free left needs to be explicitly mentioned; so if there is no signal or signage the assumption is that there is no free left. Traffic in any direction needs to be stopped completely for some time, to ensure pedestrians can cross the road. Free lefts are viable only at junctions where pedestrians can cross via overbridges/underpasses.
Old 15th June 2013, 15:37   #4520
BANNED

I ve posted three separate complaints against that Santa Fe.

Mobile Phone
Overspeeding/Lane Discipline
Parking on Pedestrian Crossing at Traffic light.

Hope he gets booked for all of these.
Also hope such people get their just deserts very soon. This new breed of rich MLA/MLC/Goon/Real Estate Devil type scumbags should pay the price for their misdemeanours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post

Old 15th June 2013, 18:00   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I ve posted three separate complaints against that Santa Fe.
Very good of you to have taken time off and posted complaints against such goons. Its only when large number of such complaints are posted will the authorities be forced to act upon them

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2013 at 11:38. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 16th June 2013, 07:33   #4522
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

Very good of you to have taken time off and posted complaints against such goons. Its only when large number of such complaints are posted will the authorities be forced to act upon them
Here is another one of those 'parochial minded argumentative son of the soil types' that seem to be rife in Bangalore.
He was weaving about between lanes from Agara lake junction onwards, going wherever he could possibly find a gap to squeeze through and then he cut in quite sharply from the left near Jakkasandra, turning sharply right towards the Koramangala 80 feet road.
Very nasty chap indeed and ugly to boot. Not worth tangling with for sure. All I did was to get a photo taken but unfortunately only a video could have shown his vicious traffic transgressions.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image2141495990.jpg
Old 16th June 2013, 13:24   #4523
BHPian

Yesterday there was a huge traffic block at Coles Park Junction. Turned out one huge Army truck was parked right in the front lane of the signal going towards Ulsoor. After 2 green signals when I was parked next to these guys hoping I'll clear these guys I overheard the jawaans that their top boss had gone to take a dump in the public toilet nearby and they were laughing at how his constipation has constipated the traffic flow. I want to tell them to move the truck a little bit ahead, but then I started counting and they were some 32 jawaans in the truck.

Couple of time I've seen these army guys driving rashly too. And once I told on Jawaan who was about to break the signal "Agar ap aisa karenge toh woh baaju ke van mein school kids bhi aisa hi karenge!" (If you do this, the kids in the school van next to you will grow up to do this as well.) He sheepishly smiled and pulled back.
Old 18th June 2013, 10:00   #4524
BANNED

Daily when one drives along the Koramangala BDA Complex Road which connects Maharishi Vemana Road to 80 feet road one sees blatant traffic violations.
At the BDA junction there is a traffic light and a road divider.
It is an increasingly regular practice for all traffic coming up from 80 feet road, to barge into the right side of the road divider in order to beat the traffic signal. In consequence, all law abiding traffic which has been patiently waiting in queue at that traffic light, has to undergo the pain of waiting through at least one or even two more traffic signals at that point.
The sooner the BTP posts a permanent Police Officer there, the better for us all.

Additionally, there are instances near Jakkasandra (in front of a brown building which says Ittina) of personal cars being neatly parked on what passes for the pavement. Is this legal? Considering also that there is a clear No Parking Sign there as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_1232.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_1231.jpg  

Old 21st June 2013, 11:24   #4525
Senior - BHPian

Today I got stuck at Varthur for 45 minutes, where the traffic jam had extended almost till Gunjur (more than 1 km). Since the road between Varthur and Gunjur is broad (and suddenly becomes narrow inside Varthur), many cars and even BMTC buses went on the wrong side and further choked the bottleneck. Even though the bottleneck starts at Varthur police station, the policemen were not present there.

After passing Varthur, I saw the cause for the jam: a truck with a broken axle, supported by rock and wooden blocks. The best part was, it was an empty truck! The policemen were there, and were trying to guide the traffic.

Trucks with broken axles is a common scene these days. Neither police nor RTO are bothered to check the fitness of trucks. Is it because they fear backlash/strikes from truck owners/drivers?
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 09:27   #4526
Senior - BHPian

Be careful if anyone is using Sarjapur road near Dommasandra or the Dommasandra - Chandapura road and the surrounding areas. There are around 25 wild elephants roaming around there. There was a huge traffic pile up near Dommasandra this morning at around 8 45 due to this. I saw many police, forest officers trying to control the crowd gathered to see the elephants.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 24th June 2013 at 09:30.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:02   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Be careful if anyone is using Sarjapur road near Dommasandra or the Dommasandra - Chandapura road and the surrounding areas. There are around 25 wild elephants roaming around there. There was a huge traffic pile up near Dommasandra this morning at around 8 45 due to this. I saw many police, forest officers trying to control the crowd gathered to see the elephants.
I guess the below new link is related.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...?homepage=true

Somehow, it is the unchecked unplanned 'growth' which is causing such incidents!
Old 24th June 2013, 11:35   #4528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post

I guess the below new link is related.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...?homepage=true

Somehow, it is the unchecked unplanned 'growth' which is causing such incidents!
Exactly, its the same herd. Yesterday it was near Malur and Hoskote, today they have come near Sarjapur and now I heard that they are near Huskur lake.
Old 24th June 2013, 14:03   #4529
Senior - BHPian

I stay near Sarjapur town. Thanks to a timely call from guyfrmblr, I left for office immediately. I got almost empty road from Dommasandra till Varthur.

I just checked with a friend of mine whose house is on the Chandapura-Dommasandra road. He said the elephants are in Huskur right now, and are headed towards Electronic City. But I am unable to find updates on news websites. Those who can, please check local news channels. If this herd is indeed near EC, it is better to go home right now!
Old 24th June 2013, 14:42   #4530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I stay near Sarjapur town. Thanks to a timely call from guyfrmblr, I left for office immediately. I got almost empty road from Dommasandra till Varthur.

I just checked with a friend of mine whose house is on the Chandapura-Dommasandra road. He said the elephants are in Huskur right now, and are headed towards Electronic City. But I am unable to find updates on news websites. Those who can, please check local news channels. If this herd is indeed near EC, it is better to go home right now!
Maybe they are going back. They have to go through E City to go towards Anekal/Bannerghatta and return home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks