Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2013, 22:43   #4591
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
So B'lore friends, please ensure that you have atleast the Driving License in original with you at all times.

Attachment 1106973
I don't think we are expected to carry the original D/L. I don't see it mentioned in the post as well.

Either ways I always have a color copy of my D/L in all vehicles along with the relevant documents and the original D/L is safe at home.
Old 8th July 2013, 07:01   #4592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I don't think we are expected to carry the original D/L. I don't see it mentioned in the post as well.

Either ways I always have a color copy of my D/L in all vehicles along with the relevant documents and the original D/L is safe at home.
As far as I know, the Motor Vehicles Act does not recognize "copies" or "colour copies" - in fact, the security hologram will not be present in such a copy. But the Act allows the officer conducting the check (MVI or PSI) the discretion to permit the driver to produce the original documents within a stipulated time (could even be "take a rick and get your original" - happened to a cousin of mine).

The presence of an attested copy might persuade the officer to allow you sufficient time ("within 7 days") or not to bother with you, that's all.

Edit: So we have DCP-level officers telling subordinates what level of discretionary powers they could wield: http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...icle-documents

Last edited by binand : 8th July 2013 at 07:05.
Old 9th July 2013, 11:29   #4593
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this interesting piece of news article. EPIC mess by youths of our country !!

Source: HERE

Just to highlight the drama:

Quote:
The first of the two cars to gatecrash into the 240-acre park managed to reach the landmark Glass House. Rashly driven, the Opel Astra car with Mysore registration broke into an iron grille fence erected around a plants area before it got stuck in the loose soil.
The second car, that purportedly came to tow away the first one, was intercepted by beat policemen.
Old 9th July 2013, 17:39   #4594
BHPian

RIP :-(

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4896562.ece

This could happen to anyone, the situation is worsening day by day in Bangalore
Old 9th July 2013, 17:48   #4595
BHPian

My heart goes out for those who lost their loved ones. In today's world you never know what's up next. Traffic sense in India is on decline day by day. Specially Bangalore has been getting worse.

Autos, TTs, cabies are all up in arms flouting traffic norms as much as possible but those idiots dont understand the danger involved in these stunts. Nothing would change. Life will go on for the rest.
Old 9th July 2013, 17:51   #4596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

Terrible terrible. I am in tears. What a beautiful family they were. My blood simply boils when I see these reports.
What agitates me more is that, eventually the driver would not get caught, and if at all caught, would not be hanged to death due to our pathetic laws :'-(
Old 9th July 2013, 18:13   #4597
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Terrible terrible. I am in tears. What a beautiful family they were. My blood simply boils when I see these reports.
What agitates me more is that, eventually the driver would not get caught, and if at all caught, would not be hanged to death due to our pathetic laws :'-(
I am sad to read this. However,what were these people doing riding triples on their bike or scooter or whatever? Is there any information about whether they were wearing helmets?

While I dont for a moment condone the miserable person driving the car, I still draw questions as above.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th July 2013 at 18:14.
Old 10th July 2013, 02:16   #4598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

I am sad to read this. However,what were these people doing riding triples on their bike or scooter or whatever? Is there any information about whether they were wearing helmets?

While I dont for a moment condone the miserable person driving the car, I still draw questions as above.
Well, I agree on the tripling part, but isn't that how a middle class or a lower middle class family go out ? I am not in favour of tripling, but that's how my family (when I was a kid) went out. Affording an Auto could have been expensive for them, so took the scooter.
I am still wondering how fast that car must have been to drag the girl underneath it.
Again, an eye opener for all 2 wheeler riders. Keep your eyes wide open and load the number of people it is supposed to carry. Don't endanger your and the pillion's life.
Edit: There is no info about the use of helmet, seems like a remote possibility.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 10th July 2013 at 02:18.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 07:46   #4599
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Well, I agree on the tripling part, but isn't that how a middle class or a lower middle class family go out ? I am not in favour of tripling, but that's how my family (when I was a kid) went out. Affording an Auto could have been expensive for them, so took the scooter.
I am still wondering how fast that car must have been to drag the girl underneath it.
Again, an eye opener for all 2 wheeler riders. Keep your eyes wide open and load the number of people it is supposed to carry. Don't endanger your and the pillion's life.
Edit: There is no info about the use of helmet, seems like a remote possibility.
The fact is that we have a callous disregard for human and animal life.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 08:41   #4600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you read the rest of the story? The owner of the car had given it to a mechanic, who had in turn given it to another guy who caused the accident, and did not have a valid DL.
As per rules, the police is planning to arrest the owner for letting someone without a valid DL to drive the car.. Call that bad luck.
Old 10th July 2013, 10:31   #4601
BHPian

Quote:

I am completely grief-stricken by this news. My deep condolences are with the victim's family members, very unfortunate!

First thing, anyone who drives a car must have a valid DL. IMHO, the owner can't be blamed directly as the person driving the car was the mechanic's friend. On the contrary, Triplets should be avoided. I don’t think the man on the scooter or his family members were using helmets which aggravated the incident.

Generally, I have observed that transport cab drivers often drive from the wrong side. These drivers are more reckless, drive as they rule the whole road with no fear of being caught. Traffic conditions seems worsening in Bangalore.
Old 10th July 2013, 11:03   #4602
Senior - BHPian

There is a huge traffic pile up from Sarjapur junction to Bellandur flyover, and beyond.

Just before the Bellandur flyover (from Sarjapur side), one can join the proposed bus lane under the flyover (to the right side of the ramp). It's a little off-roading, but again gets decently tarred, and one can reach upto under the Intel flyover.
Since I had to enter Ecospace, I thought of using this road and taking U-Turn under Intel flyover and reach my destination.
So I off-road and am about to enter the Bus lane and see huge blocks of cement kept to block traffic. A bike can go, an auto can go, probably a Nano could go, but when I tried entering, I brushed the lower part of the front bumper. There was no return option, except that I have to go all the way to Sarjapur signal, take a U-Turn and again join the super jam from Sarjapur.
So, I got down and saw that it was slightly brushing. So moved 3 cement blocks and I was ready to go.
It was very embarrassing to do so, while the whole world on the main road were staring at me. :-(
Finally I was able to move the car into the bus lane and reached under the Intel flyover. What I saw shocking was, there was a huge flow of traffic behind me. Every guy who saw that action of mine as an opportunity, started following me on that route !!
I am left with a few bruises on the palm of both of my hands. Man, those cement blocks were damn heavy !!

So, fellow BHPians, please start bashing me for being so bad**s today.

EDIT: IIRC, on other days those cement blocks are not there and people take that proposed bus lane. My bad, that it was partially blocked today. Few days back, I was ranting how people remove those blocks and make way. I am feeling so terrible today for being those same horrible people. :(

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 10th July 2013 at 11:04.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 11:33   #4603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a huge traffic pile up from Sarjapur junction to Bellandur flyover, and beyond.
I am headed to whitefield right now from Sarjapur road. Is ORR ok to take now till Marthahalli?
Old 10th July 2013, 11:39   #4604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am headed to whitefield right now from Sarjapur road. Is ORR ok to take now till Marthahalli?
From Sarjapur to Bellandur - Take the main road. It was a 1st Gear traffic at 10:15 AM. Its' now 11:40, so might have cleared up.
The service road is choked. No way to move out at all. So take the main road only. Its a very slow moving traffic.

From Intel flyover and beyond - I saw some pile up, but could be very slow moving traffic.

I am not sure of JP Morgan underpass situation. Didn't go that far.

Absolutely clueless as to why the sudden jam that happened today !! It felt like those days when the flyovers were under-construction.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 12:58   #4605
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From Sarjapur to Bellandur - Take the main road. It was a 1st Gear traffic at 10:15 AM. Its' now 11:40, so might have cleared up.
The service road is choked. No way to move out at all. So take the main road only. Its a very slow moving traffic.
Thanks. Reached Whitefield after an hour. Traffic wasn't all that bad but it was very slow moving.

Joined ORR from Sarjapur and saw the pileup till Bellandur flyover. After the flyover was clear but again very slow.

Kundanhalli was usually jammed and so was Graphite india.

Thank god I work in Electronics City and not Whitefield. Whitefield trips are once in a few months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks