Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 13:48   #4486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
How long would it take for me to go from Brigade Road to Hosur Road (Christ University) on a normal weekday? Around 8:30 am I mean.
Worst case scenario 1 hour else it's a short drive.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2013, 12:53   #4487
Senior - BHPian

Just found this over BTP Facebook Page !!! Just see the comments (read: blast), the BTP has earned over this post !!
I don't want to start some debate over this, but this 'official' post just shows the high-handedness of Bangalore Traffic Police.

I am simply

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture1.jpg

PS:. One of the responses says that police on duty should call emergency services, like Patrolling team, Fire, Medical teams when needed, rather than sitting on their bikes and going to police station or fire station or hospital. Seemed legit to me. But for giving a chase to hit and run offender, cops would need the bike. Atleast they should park the bikes responsibly, that's all I can request the BTP.

One more response, which sounds legit to me: "Reply sounds legitimate.End of the day it is the fear created by this bike that doesn't make a person jump a signal!!!!"

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 30th May 2013 at 12:59.
Old 30th May 2013, 18:23   #4488
Oxy
BHPian

^^ I still don't get it. What exactly is this liability he's talking about? Why should a cop park his bike on a no parking zone? What difference does this make to his performance on duty?

And what's the excuse when a cop rides without helmet and occasionally on the wrong side of the road?
Old 30th May 2013, 18:30   #4489
BHPian

A no parking Zone is a no Parking Zone this way or that way. I don't buy everything the inspector said but yes, seeing the bike, atleast few of those law breakers would choose the other way.
Old 7th June 2013, 07:03   #4490
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Coming back from the airport in a cab on Wednesday I noted the violation by a large tempo traveller. Near the Chinnaswamy stadium he was trying to barge in to the right lane to turn right. However, he was in the extreme left lane, so he ended up diagonally blocking everyone and violated the rules by crossing over the pedestrian crossing. He seemed totally unapologetic as these cab driver level people usually do. No traffic cop bothered to take notice as it was 930pm and the traffic was heavy.
The number is KA 41 Q 4901. Probably owned by some politico or real estate creep or transportation devil from the boondocks...
This kind of thing needs to be vilified and the erring drivers license revoked for 5 years, accompanied by 2 years in prison or something of that kind. Desperate situations call for desperate measures and our countrymen fear nothing other than the 'danda'.
Take a look and see if your blood, like mine, boils at this kind of behaviour!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image4234462518.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image1503322742.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 7th June 2013 at 07:05.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 08:19   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Take a look and see if your blood, like mine, boils at this kind of behaviour!
I feel this photo should be posted on BTP Facebook page as it has clear evidence of jumping a signal, he would surely get a challan.
Old 7th June 2013, 09:29   #4492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I feel this photo should be posted on BTP Facebook page as it has clear evidence of jumping a signal, he would surely get a challan.
This should be posted onto BTP's 'public eye' portal, not on their FB page. Violations are not raised based on pictures posted in BTP FB page instead they direct you to post the picture in 'Public eye' portal
http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.go...icEyePost.aspx

I Suggest to merge both the photographs into a single image before posting. This ensures that the type of violation and the registration number could be identified from a single jpeg image. The page has provision to upload only one image at a time.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:00   #4493
BHPian

The one thing I have never understood is why in the world people in Bangalore are so busy and such a hurry? Look at everyone out there, almost 50% of the car drivers are talking on the phone and driving. Same with the bike riders. Its scary to even be around such people. Then people cut into lanes, jump signals, drive into one ways. I have been in Bangalore for about 3 years now and my view of the traffic has changed drastically.

I travel from Baswangudi to ITPL Road for work. I try to leave around 7am as things get really nasty after that. On top of this, something has happened this week. Roads are chok-a-block full. Oh Yes, Schools have opened and all of the parent s and the bus drivers are going crazy around that time. I have seen 3 kids on a scooty! I mean come on! I remember asking a fellow, 'dont you love your family? Why are you putting their lives in danger? To which I was told, I can take care of my family, you better mind your own business!

I know all of us need to get to offices and home at the end of the day, but why take the risk of driving rash? Haven't we all heard of "better late than never".

I somehow try to be calm and get home at the end of the day. I wonder when would people understand that if all of us follow traffic rules, it would be for the greater good.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:29   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The one thing I have never understood is why in the world people in Bangalore are so busy and such a hurry? Look at everyone out there, almost 50% of the car drivers are talking on the phone and driving. Same with the bike riders. Its scary to even be around such people. Then people cut into lanes, jump signals, drive into one ways. I have been in Bangalore for about 3 years now and my view of the traffic has changed drastically.

I travel from Baswangudi to ITPL Road for work. I try to leave around 7am as things get really nasty after that. On top of this, something has happened this week. Roads are chok-a-block full. Oh Yes, Schools have opened and all of the parent s and the bus drivers are going crazy around that time. I have seen 3 kids on a scooty! I mean come on! I remember asking a fellow, 'dont you love your family? Why are you putting their lives in danger? To which I was told, I can take care of my family, you better mind your own business!

I know all of us need to get to offices and home at the end of the day, but why take the risk of driving rash? Haven't we all heard of "better late than never".

I somehow try to be calm and get home at the end of the day. I wonder when would people understand that if all of us follow traffic rules, it would be for the greater good.
I feel for you buddy. You know I felt and even still feel the same way and am sure there are many others who do, but you need to take it as it is. I mean you can only try and make few understand, but the scenario will not change completely.
I personally feel it is a mess and am not sure how things can go towards better from here. Traffic police also can only do so much, people need to understand and be responsible which is a volunteer action.
The sad part is even if you are following rules, still at the end of the day the mood is ruined and irritation/ frustration creeps in!
  • Irresponsible driving/ lack of traffic sense
  • No compassion for fellow beings
  • Macho image/ showoff/ arrogancy
  • 24x7 construction work
  • No follow up on road conditions
  • Lenient traffic regulation
  • Chalta hai attitude/ swalpa adjust maadi mentality
Add all of the above ingredients and you get the perfect disaster recipe for Bangalore traffic. The question is how much can we change? With the current situation, I see extremely slim chances being in a true world city!
Old 7th June 2013, 11:46   #4495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
[*]Irresponsible driving/ lack of traffic sense[*]No compassion for fellow beings[*]Macho image/ showoff/ arrogancy[*]24x7 construction work[*]No follow up on road conditions[*]Lenient traffic regulation[*]Chalta hai attitude/ swalpa adjust maadi mentality[/list]Add all of the above ingredients and you get the perfect disaster recipe for Bangalore traffic. The question is how much can we change? With the current situation, I see extremely slim chances being in a true world city!
I couldn't agree more on the above points. To add another point the the list, careless attitude and total disrespect towards others on the road and the attitude that "I own the road". Trust me such "nuts" must be taught a tough lesson. Totally disgusting behavior.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 12:09   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
The one thing I have never understood is why in the world people in Bangalore are so busy and such a hurry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
You know I felt and even still feel the same way and am sure there are many others who do, but you need to take it as it is.
  • Irresponsible driving/ lack of traffic sense
  • No compassion for fellow beings
  • Macho image/ showoff/ arrogancy
  • 24x7 construction work
  • No follow up on road conditions
  • Lenient traffic regulation
  • Chalta hai attitude/ swalpa adjust maadi mentality
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I couldn't agree more on the above points.
I used to feel similar a while ago. Now, every time I come across such idiots on road, I just term them as "Impatent Indians" or "BoRn Indians" and move on.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:21   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
The one thing I have never understood is why in the world people in Bangalore are so busy and such a hurry?
Let me tell you that this was not the case 7 to 8 years back. I have been living in Bangalore since a long time now and trust me it was "Heaven".

In my opinion the reason for such a disaster is an exodus of vehicles within and from outside. All want to be here for many reasons and the Weather! Well nothing of the weather left now thanks to high vehicular pollution and upcoming concrete structures and felled trees! Moreover, inefficient governance by the rulers of the land and extremely high corrupt people moving around making it even more bad! - very sad state of affairs.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:47   #4498
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I did post it on BTP FB page and got a reply too stating that they would be taking requisite action since the evidence is clear.
Good on them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 17:15   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Let me tell you that this was not the case 7 to 8 years back. I have been living in Bangalore since a long time now and trust me it was "Heaven".
Well nothing of the weather left now thanks to high vehicular pollution and upcoming concrete structures and felled trees!
I come from the cricket crazy town of Ranchi and I find so many similarities to Bangalore. The sudden explosion of population and money has happened at both the places. I remember our schools not needing fans in summer and whenever it got hot, it rained. The streets were quiet and quaint. Trees were in abundance, people were willing to hear each other. Ah those good old days! I believe Bangalore would have been like that.

Coming to the weather in Bangalore - It may have become bad, compare it to any metro in India and its still Heaven. What we need is long term planning. And by long term I mean 20 years ahead. I see no reason why this city cannot become great. Its for us to demand what is correct and follow the rules to the T. And hopefully something might go through the thick skulls of the guys sitting in the state assembly. Or maybe I am just hoping it will happen.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 15:09   #4500
BANNED

This is what happened to me yesterday near Silk board junction.

I was coming from Electronics City and taken the left turn towards BTM. There was a bus in front of me and it slowed down to stop on the turning, and I also slowed down and stopped on the turning only behind the bus. I could see a hand pull trolley (Those subzywala kind) standing on the left on the road to cross the road. He was standing perpendicular to the bus. He was blocking half of the road on the left side and the bus the other half. I knew he had seen me as he was looking at me only.

When the bus started I also followed it slowly. When I was about to cross the trolley guy (he was now perpendicular to me after bus has just passed him), the fellow suddenly lost his patience and move forward and banged on my rear left door.

I crossed the turning road and and parked on the side of the road and looked behind. That fellow shouted at me as "Kuch nehin hua" (Nothing happened in Hindi) and continued crossing the road and turned towards Sarjahpura. But I could feel the bang sound and knew something should have happened. I got down and had a look and color has peeled of from a thumb like area just above the rear wheel arch. I again look towards the trolley guy, he was already crossed the road and now waiting on the main signal under the bridge. I rushed towards him and caught hold of him, dragged him towards my car. Showed him the spot and told him how nothing had happened. The fellow started shouting in Kannada that I took the left turn (the road is for taking left turn). I shouted at him for a minute and then came home with a grim mood.

Now, here is our hero on his trolley who used the public road for which he does not pay single penny tax. He does not have a registration number or insurance. he contributes nothing to state revenue. Yes I do agree he is one of those poor fellows whose upgrade is necessity in our society. But does it permit him to damage any of the personal property which he can not pay for? If I want to complain, whom should I ? Does he fall under traffic authority? No, he is literally a God on the road.He can damage your vehicle on his own will and all you can do is to curse your own luck and pay the bill for repair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks