Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:24   #2986
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys good news! The flyover at Bellandur junction one way from Agara to Intel side is open from today
Good to know that this one is open now. Hope others not become new bottlenecks because of free flow of traffic from bellandur.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:34   #2987
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

As per BTP, the road between Marathahalli bridge and Silk Board is closed due to BWSSB work. I guess they mean the road that leads from M'halli bridge to the end of the under-pass until Innovative.

Expect a huge pile-up on M'halli bridge. It was full up to the brim today morning.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:34   #2988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Good to know that this one is open now. Hope others not become new bottlenecks because of free flow of traffic from bellandur.
I know what you are saying.
Coming from Hebbal, towards Manyata, ever since one arm of the flyover has opened (before Nagwara) the Nagwara signal has become a huge pain. Large part of the problem is also the unscientific entry and exit points for Manyata Tech Park.
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:48   #2989
BHPian

The Bellandur flyover has become a giant mess ever since it opened. The root cause is actually the other side (the Intel/RMZ Ecospace side). What's happened is that the service road has been closed at the junction and vehicles are joining the ring road just under the main span of the flyover. Imagine the disruption that happens when a steady stream of traffic takes a right angle turn into an already moving traffic flow. This is causing the traffic jam to build up. Add to this, the huge number of vehicles that take a U-turn on to the service road which adds to backup. Then there are a lot of people that take a U-turn at the end of flyover on the Pratham Motors side, who cannot do so because the other side of the road is jammed. This causes the traffic to build up on the flyover itself. A truly messed-up situation.

A few easy solutions come to mind
- They should open up the entry to the service road near Intel. This will atleast prevent vehicles coming from Marathahalli having to take a U turn to go to Intel/Ecospace
- Close the service road after Ecospace. All Ecospace vehicles should join the main road near the exit gate.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th February 2012 at 23:30.
jaganm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd February 2012, 21:41   #2990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
A few easy solutions come to mind
- They should open up the entry to the service road near Intel. This will atleast prevent vehicles coming from Marathahalli having to take a U turn to go to Intel/Ecospace
It is not possible because the work happening on the down ramp of flyover. May be they can open up much before, under the flyover bridge. Is it not there already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
- Close the service road after Ecospace. All Ecospace vehicles should join the main road near the exit gate.
I feel, the recent arrangements for the vehicles coming out of Ecospace is working out well requiring less U-turns.

IMO, the service road is the fastest way to travel on this road. Mostly it is empty and yes, more cars on service means slower merging. Again, kudos to the traffic cops and the wardens who are braving the dust and keeping the traffic flowing.
Old 24th February 2012, 10:37   #2991
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what was the reason for the huge jam on ORR between Hebbal and MTP?
I may have annoyed a few folks out there though.
Old 24th February 2012, 15:00   #2992
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
As per BTP, the road between Marathahalli bridge and Silk Board is closed due to BWSSB work. I guess they mean the road that leads from M'halli bridge to the end of the under-pass until Innovative.

Expect a huge pile-up on M'halli bridge. It was full up to the brim today morning.
Oh boy, what a mess this has lead to. Marathahalli bridge is full of vehicles at any time of the day.

Also, there is now no U-turn at Marathahalli signal (for those who want to get back on the bridge); U-turn can be taken near Brand Factory. Saw barricades there too so not sure if it'll be disallowed. Similarly, those coming from Old Airport cannot turn right to get on to ORR.

I'd suggest those coming from Whitefield/M'hall who want to get on to ORR to not get on the flyover and instead drive along the tracks and cross at the railway crossings.

Those who want to go towards MG Rd - have popcorn and good music ready!
Old 24th February 2012, 21:21   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Any idea what was the reason for the huge jam on ORR between Hebbal and MTP?
I may have annoyed a few folks out there though.
I just happenned to look at Waze in the afternoon, and some waze user had reported a major accident.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:38   #2994
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the design of the flyovers/underpasses on the ORR here! Why on the left?? Why not make a single flyover/underpass in the middle. The person who has to go left will keep left and the person who wants to go straight will keep right which is proper thing. Also U-turns can be built under the flyover in this kind of a design. But with this strange design of flyovers on left, people are in right most lane till they approach the flyover/underpass (as it is the fast lane) and then they realise they need to take left to use it! Which kind of slows the entire traffic down as you need to change lanes and there would be traffic in that lane already. Also its mighty confusing for people coming there first time! In addition there is absolutely no provision for a U-turn in such a design!! What a disaster.

Last edited by GTO : 25th February 2012 at 13:35. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Old 25th February 2012, 23:27   #2995
BHPian

howdy bangy boys, i have a question.

I may be shifting to Blore in the near future; I've been wondering how persistent/anal are the cops there with cars with outstation plates? I love my Lancer and I find the idea of having to give her up just because im shifting to blore for a couple of years more than mildly distressing.

Any idea there?
Old 25th February 2012, 23:33   #2996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post

I may be shifting to Blore in the near future; I've been wondering how persistent/anal are the cops there with cars with outstation plates? I love my Lancer and I find the idea of having to give her up just because im shifting to blore for a couple of years more than mildly distressing.

Any idea there?
How old is your car? If its old enough then thanks to depreciation the LTT might not be too much.

I have been here for 2 years but havent seen any checking anywhere so far! Maybe I dont live in the wrong areas then
Old 25th February 2012, 23:37   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
How old is your car? If its old enough then thanks to depreciation the LTT might not be too much.

I have been here for 2 years but havent seen any checking anywhere so far! Maybe I dont live in the wrong areas then
Hey, thanks for the quick response. More than the LTT, its the BS4 norm. No BS3 and below cars can be registered in most (all?) major cities, including Blore. This means I will HAVE to keep my MH number and bribe, grease, palm, oil and generally bend over for every cop who stops me.

Not a nice image!
Old 25th February 2012, 23:37   #2998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight

Any idea there?
You won't have problems unless you deliberately cause problems that would invite the cops. Now the cops don't stop you for checking papers at their whims and fancy. They'll catch you only if you violate traffic rules and/or DUI; usually they just let you be.
Old 25th February 2012, 23:44   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the quick response. More than the LTT, its the BS4 norm. No BS3 and below cars can be registered in most (all?) major cities, including Blore. This means I will HAVE to keep my MH number and bribe, grease, palm, oil and generally bend over for every cop who stops me.

Not a nice image!
Well if you just pay up the LTT then theres no need for KA registration per se! You might be stopped because of non-KA number plate, but just show the LTT paid receipt and it will do. Although rulebook says you need to register here after 11 months, all KA govt is interested in is your money. If you pay up the LTT, all izz well There are hundreds of thousands of out of state vehicles on the roads here.
Old 26th February 2012, 09:19   #3000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Any idea there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Couple of weeks back, there was a major crack down on other state vehicles evading road tax. So, its better to have the toll receipts and fuel bills when you drive down to bangalore. It will help for at least 6 months.

2105 non-state vehicles caught for evading tax - Times Of India

For latest updates, you can follow the below thread,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tached-49.html

Most Viewed