Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 19:06   #4471
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
It is 80 KMPH. However, no guarantee of him getting booked
A few months back BTP came out with a press release that the speed limit on ALL Bangalore roads (except one) is 60 kmph. Anything on the roadside to the contrary is to be ignored.

The one exception is the NH7 stretch from Hebbal to the airport, for which it is 80 kmph (NHAI's limit for 4 lane, dual-carriageway stretches, I guess).
Old 16th May 2013, 19:11   #4472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
A few months back BTP came out with a press release that the speed limit on ALL Bangalore roads (except one) is 60 kmph. Anything on the roadside to the contrary is to be ignored.

The one exception is the NH7 stretch from Hebbal to the airport, for which it is 80 kmph (NHAI's limit for 4 lane, dual-carriageway stretches, I guess).
the exemptions are:
  • road to BIAL
  • BETL

rest everything has a 60kmph limit.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 12:50   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I live in a layout where right now a lot of the roads, cross roads etc are being laid fresh. i.e. from a mud road, they're graduating it to a tar road. So as an initial process they've dumped a lot of granite stones mixed with what I guess is cement and they've spread it using a bulldozer, and tried to flatten it using a road roller, which didn't do a good job. This stretch is at least half a kilometer.

My question is, what should my air pressure in this scenario? I own a diesel i20, and I normally fill 32 for all the tires. Should I go lower, higher or stay the same?
Most of the days I will be the only person in the car, and will have to go through the above said "road" twice or even four times a day.
Somebody, please answer?
Old 17th May 2013, 12:55   #4474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Somebody, please answer?
Stay at 32psi. No change in tyre pressure needed.
Old 17th May 2013, 13:58   #4475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
It is 80 KMPH. However, no guarantee of him getting booked
Our cops book whenever they want to book.

Lately I have seen the same old thing started i.e. cops stopping bikes and checking docs without them breaking signals. Is the rule changed?
Yup, true. They book when they want to.

The rule has not changed, it still holds good. People (even me) would not want to quesiton them much, coz these guys can wrap a case on you just like that. If one has the documents, then show it and get the hell out of there.
I know, only if we question those guys they would stop, but then it is a catchy situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Thanks mate !! I was stuck in aweful jams earlier on the road, so was making up for the lost time in the relatively traffic free zone.
But yes, I should keep it within the limits considering my own safety atleast.

I think it is 60 for 4 wheelers and 50 for 2 wheelers. The HSR zone is cop free, so chances were slim.
No probs mate .
Yup it is 60 for 4 wheelers and 50 for 2 wheelers. They have put-up (on ORR) tiny boards which are visible and can be read only when a person right next to it.
For the amount of money some of thee guys make in a day, they can put a huge hoarding for speed limit.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th May 2013 at 15:14.
Old 20th May 2013, 15:56   #4476
Senior - BHPian

BHPians - It has started to rain cat, dogs, monkeys and what not !! That can be interpreted as "Traffic Alert" !!!
I am in Whitefield area at this moment.
Don't want to rant on B'lore's traffic. Hence leaving office in another 15 mins. Else would be stuck in traffic forever. All the best guys !!!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130520_155059.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130520_155105.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130520_155114.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130520_155129.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130520_155210.jpg
Old 20th May 2013, 18:56   #4477
Senior - BHPian

I was driving from Outer Ring Road towards BTM Layoout and had to cross Silk Board Layout today around 6PM.

It took me around 30 mins to cross Silk Board ( this includes the time spent on the signal in HSR layout right before Silk Board )

Is this the daily state of affairs or today was particularly bad ?

Last edited by sdp1975 : 20th May 2013 at 19:01.
Old 20th May 2013, 20:36   #4478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I was driving from Outer Ring Road towards BTM Layoout and had to cross Silk Board Layout today around 6PM.

It took me around 30 mins to cross Silk Board ( this includes the time spent on the signal in HSR layout right before Silk Board )

Is this the daily state of affairs or today was particularly bad ?
Its a daily state of affair. Its due to a ultra bad planning of the service road. Everyone goes on the service road (hosur road traffic) and tries to join the silkboard traffic at the last gap in median. This causes ultra chaos there. I had ranted about this a few pages back.
I say that you were lucky to cross silkboard in 30mins. Today, I reached the base of HSR flyover at 5:35 and reached home in BTM Lake road at 6:25.
Old 21st May 2013, 23:37   #4479
Senior - BHPian

Just found this hillarious fact over FB.
Mods: Kindly delete if this violates the forum rules. Its' just a rant of B'lore traffic situation.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130521_233547.png
Views: 811
Size:  385.4 KB
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 23:45   #4480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its a daily state of affair. Its due to a ultra bad planning of the service road. Everyone goes on the service road (hosur road traffic) and tries to join the silkboard traffic at the last gap in median. This causes ultra chaos there. I had ranted about this a few pages back.
I say that you were lucky to cross silkboard in 30mins. Today, I reached the base of HSR flyover at 5:35 and reached home in BTM Lake road at 6:25.
Its really a sad state of affairs. The flyover constructions always push the problem to the next node. The high level picture is never there as a plan.

Even if they had a plan of creating a double flyover at sik board like the one at dairy circle, it would have merely pushed the problem to BTM. I think the amount of traffic which turns to Hosur road at Silk board from HSR ORR is quite smaller in comparison to what goes towards BTM.

So silk board junction is a mere bottle neck waiting to push its problem to its adjacent node!

Last edited by ampere : 21st May 2013 at 23:46.
Old 22nd May 2013, 00:21   #4481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

Its really a sad state of affairs. The flyover constructions always push the problem to the next node. The high level picture is never there as a plan.

Even if they had a plan of creating a double flyover at sik board like the one at dairy circle, it would have merely pushed the problem to BTM. I think the amount of traffic which turns to Hosur road at Silk board from HSR ORR is quite smaller in comparison to what goes towards BTM.

So silk board junction is a mere bottle neck waiting to push its problem to its adjacent node!
Exactly that was what was running on my mind while the HSR, Agara, Bellandur, Intel and JP Morgan signal free corridor was in progress. Wouldn't it push the entire stretch traffic onto the silkboard junction ?

Some of our office colleagues were discussing and what came to my notice from one of the localite was shocking. He says that there would never be a signal free corridor in the BTM - JP Nagar - Jayanagar - Banashankari side. The reason being political gains. Apparently some local ward member (i mean some big shot guy) wanted the whitefield area real estate to be developed. Hence using some level of political pressure, the silkboard junction never got a 3rd level flyover, neither the streets were widened. I sometimes wonder if the BTM main road is actually 80ft wide !!! So what this bigshot guy now expecta is that the migrant population (non-b'loreans) move to the whitefield marathalli area to avoid travel times and stress, buy and rent flats and help in whitefield boom. I don't know how much success has it got, because i still stay in a rented house and travel to whitefield daily !!

Now the most affected people are the local residents - people who have their own houses and stay with family. One of my colleague stays somewhere beyond Banashankari and travels to and fro whitefield, spending almost 4 hrs daily.

B'lore is really in a sorry state of affair. Can't help, but to be honest, its' feeding me and my family. So all i am doing is just trying to cope with Bangalore.

EDIT: Sorry for the ultra long post. Just a vent out. Nothing personal against anyone.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 22nd May 2013 at 00:28.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 00:28   #4482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just trying to cope with Bangalore.
There is one and only solution from our own side and that is some thing which I have been harping for quite some time.

If the city beats you with traffic, give it back. You beat the traffic! Its really that simple. Its true that professional commitments may not allow you to leave early from office, but I think that should be the only way out. Somehow we just have to MAKE that life style happen. Early to work and early to leave. I have been doing that for quite some time. As a result, I can still manage 50+km daily commute easily.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2013, 00:35   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

There is one and only solution from our own side and that is some thing which I have been harping for quite some time.

If the city beats you with traffic, give it back. You beat the traffic! Its really that simple. Its true that professional commitments may not allow you to leave early from office, but I think that should be the only way out.

Somehow we just have to MAKE that life style happen. Early to work and early to leave. I have been doing that for quite some time. As a result, I can still manage 50+km daily commute easily.
That is exactly what I did since I bought my 1st car, 2yrs back. I took up shift at office. I worked from 7:30 am till 4:30pm. So I could enjoy driving my new car and also beat the traffic.
Now a days I take the office bus to and fro office. And the days when I drive, I start by 7:15am from BTM to Whitefield and start the other way by 4:30pm. I make up for any lost time/work in office by logging in from home (for a max of 1 hr) after I reach home.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:05   #4484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That is exactly what I did since I bought my 1st car, 2yrs back. I took up shift at office. I worked from 7:30 am till 4:30pm. So I could enjoy driving my new car and also beat the traffic.
Now a days I take the office bus to and fro office. And the days when I drive, I start by 7:15am from BTM to Whitefield and start the other way by 4:30pm. I make up for any lost time/work in office by logging in from home (for a max of 1 hr) after I reach home.
Thats exactly what I meant. My early schedule started more like a necessity of newbie driver 7-8 years back! Since I did not have confidence as I had just learnt and car was new, I used to go early.

Slowly I started seeing the advantage. And to this day I follow the same routine.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:50   #4485
BHPian

How long would it take for me to go from Brigade Road to Hosur Road (Christ University) on a normal weekday? Around 8:30 am I mean.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks