Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2014, 21:43   #5971
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like with the elections over, the potholes are coming back. Command Hospital bus stop already have a few, seeing some crop up elsewhere.
They seem to have patched up all the potholes in that part of the old airport road yesterday but the patches were of bad quality!
I am sure they will be back after the next spell of rains!
Old 14th May 2014, 17:56   #5972
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm a safe driver, I do not want to indulge in honking, lane changing, side swiping, signal violation etc, all of them should be a violation of law if they aren't already.

I'm truly appalled at how drivers behave in this city, anarchy has hit the sky as far as the road goes. Auto rickshaws side swiping in an attempt to show their racing skills and lightning reflexes in their super-fast green vehicles (all of 10 bhp), since they do it day in and day out I cannot help but notice a malicious angle. Just about every motorist in major junctions violate the red signal, or should I say exploit the yellow signal to the hilt? This has become a dangerous practice. Cabs, Mahindra tempos honk and honk and honk, one wonders how they drive with their right hand resting akimbo on the window line, and all other limbs pressing the horn. Quite advanced that all the inputs are in the horn. One wonders what'd happen to the poor drivers in an open isolated road, do they pretend that trees are vehicles and go after them? Proof of that is plenty available here. Riders, decide if you want to fiddle with your phone, your helmet or the bike handles, bet a cruise control would be useful eh? Since cabs/autos hardly use their side mirror may I suggest a spittoon fitted there instead?

I salute the RTO's for their stringent DL exams which comprises of driving one circle aur muh meetha karwane ke liye 'kuch' extra. All I want to do is mind my lane and not cause any discomfort to myself or anyone but I forget that's too much to ask in this rat race.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 18:07   #5973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
... Auto rickshaws side swiping in an attempt to show their racing skills and lightning reflexes in their super-fast green vehicles ...
My friend was hit by such an auto on Monday night near Tin Factory. The auto came from behind, swerved towards him, catching his bike's handle in the process and sped forward. My friend took a nasty fall, injured his neck and leg and his Bullet too was damaged. Auto driver looked behind to check and sped away.

So much for "riding safe". You can't do much if people are hell bent on crashing into you!
black_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 19:50   #5974
BHPian

Today noon at around 12-00 o'clock, I was on some errands on Sarjapur Road near Bata showroom. I was walking along the shoulder of the road, when a white Eon (number KA03 ** **67) suddenly stopped bang on the middle of the road (towards Iblur side). At one glance, I thought the driver must have dozed off. There were some vehicles behind which got stuck. Repeated honks did not wake up the Eon driver. After a minute, I along with a BMTC conductor & a local person unlocked the driver door(driver side window was open thankfully). The driver was in unconscious state. He was not asleep or drunk. I checked his pulse, it was very slow, almost nill. To me it looked like he underwent a heart attack or something serious like that; sadly I am not a doctor so cannot speculate further. By that time, a lot of local people had gathered around. We pushed the car to the roadside, got him out of his car. A few locals claimed to know him and took him to a nearby clinic. I had some work, so trusted the locals to take care of him and then I left for my errands. I hope the poor fellow gets alright.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 14th May 2014 at 19:52.
Old 14th May 2014, 20:33   #5975
Senior - BHPian

Some of you might be aware of the "service road" that joins Hosur Road from the JNC College Road. A few months back, the cops had put in a signal here to prevent motorists from jumping the signal on the main Hosur Road. What these jokers usually do is - to prevent getting caught at the signal, they would move into this "service Road" and since there was no signal, just ride/drive off to Hosur road towards the St.Johns junction.

But even after they have put in a signal here on the service road, no one stops when it is Red. It is bugging to be the only one stopping at this signal and I have been honked at, shouted at and abused. I was even abused a few days back by a cop (in mufti nonetheless) for not giving way when the signal was red.

But what is most bugging is just the attitude of the people. I mean, how many seconds longer is it going to take you if you stopped at the signal? seriously?

(Pardon my amazing skills at MS Paint though!)
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-jnc.jpg  

Old 14th May 2014, 20:41   #5976
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Some of you might be aware of the "service road" that joins Hosur Road from the JNC College Road. A few months back, the cops had put in a signal here to prevent motorists from jumping the signal on the main Hosur Road. What these jokers usually do is - to prevent getting caught at the signal, they would move into this "service Road" and since there was no signal, just ride/drive off to Hosur road towards the St.Johns junction.

But even after they have put in a signal here on the service road, no one stops when it is Red. It is bugging to be the only one stopping at this signal and I have been honked at, shouted at and abused. I was even abused a few days back by a cop (in mufti nonetheless) for not giving way when the signal was red.

But what is most bugging is just the attitude of the people. I mean, how many seconds longer is it going to take you if you stopped at the signal? seriously?

Experience this every day mate and I fully agree with what you express here.
Ever since this option came into existence, I always ensure I continue on the main road and stick to the right (soon after crossing the Forum signal) and wait at the signal.

The beauty of the morons these days is that they invariably get into this service lane even when the signal light is green. I am sure you may have noticed this too!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:01   #5977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I second your thoughts. Even in broad daylight that signal on the service road serves no purpose. Whatever colour it displays, vehicles keep going. Very few people obey the signal when it is red. The cops have to be tough to tackle this menace. Otherwise there is no point in having signal there.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:26   #5978
BHPian

What a car needs.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/car_needs
bharat4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 09:55   #5979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
that's a good one. We so need the HUD on the rear windscreen.
Old 15th May 2014, 15:46   #5980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
that's a good one. We so need the HUD on the rear windscreen.
He got a reply from Mr. Musk himself!

Name:  10363891_10154186859065078_9097440073289331598_n.png
Views: 1113
Size:  131.8 KB
bharat4ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2014, 16:41   #5981
BHPian

Today morning there was a nice little traffic jam at Brookfield BEML layout bus stop as a cement mixture truck side-swiped a BMW 320. There was significant damage on the right front section of the car. Anyone has any more info about this accident?
Old 18th May 2014, 21:24   #5982
BHPian

Quote:

Aye to that, and what is surprising is that the cops don't seem to view this as an violation! I see cops booking signal hoppers (from Hosur road and left towards Diary Circle), but this is one signal that is not given its due.
Old 21st May 2014, 15:21   #5983
Senior - BHPian

Saw a bizarre thing in Raja Rajeshwari nagar over the weekend. A Getz had been pulled over and the lady driver was talking to the inspector. Suddenly the Lady goes to the middle of the road and lies down on the road as if to protest something. The inspector slows asks vehicles driving in that direction to stop and was asking the Lady to get up.

Not sure what conspired and I was going away from the incident across the median.
Old 21st May 2014, 22:11   #5984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like with the elections over, the potholes are coming back. Command Hospital bus stop already have a few, seeing some crop up elsewhere.
2 weeks back on my way to the Railway station at 4am I noticed that they were repairing the above said pothole (just after command hosp busstop) using some truck and compactor. One week later that pothole reappeared. That shows the quality of work.
Old 22nd May 2014, 09:21   #5985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
2 weeks back on my way to the Railway station at 4am I noticed that they were repairing the above said pothole (just after command hosp busstop) using some truck and compactor. One week later that pothole reappeared. That shows the quality of work.
If you see the Outer ring road especially near Hoody, in addition to the existing bad stretches, we have new ones coming up. I don't think bangalore roads are going to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks