Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 16:54   #5956
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Here is the scene. While coming from Marathahalli side, while climbing the Intel flyover this truck is parked facing traffic, transferring contents from broken truck.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140509-16.52.28.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140509-16.53.00.jpg
Old 9th May 2014, 16:54   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Just follow traffic rules, have patience, and maintain lane discipline and trust me we will all get to our destinations, in some cases earlier than we anticipate!
PATIENCE!!! What a wonderful word. If only all of us had this quality in ourselves, life would have been butter smooth.
At the same time let us accept the harsh reality that the vehicle density bangalore roads can handle is much more than what they are meant for. In such situations assuming all of us follow rules like RULES RAMANUJAM( as in Anniyan tamil film) then i am pretty sure that to cross a major bottleneck like the graphite india signal, it will take minimum 2-3 attempts.
If this happens to the norm everyday then at some point or other, the rules are bound to be broken as every individual would like to reach his/her destination soon. The end result is UTTER CHAOS.

Following rules is one aspect. The other aspect is good , wide roads which is unfortunately lacking in bangalore.
Old 9th May 2014, 17:47   #5958
BHPian

Best of all... Don't know if anybody had observed it. They place a small tree branch. That's supposed to be a crazy induction that the vehicle is broken
Old 9th May 2014, 19:04   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Most of the factory/office buses leave by that time. Aim for 5 PM. Since the cabbies are not there, traffic will be less.
Luckily took you're advice! Because of that was able to reach in 1:15hrs. Things were not so bad near the flyover where the truck broke down at that time.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:37   #5960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Here is the scene. While coming from Marathahalli side, while climbing the Intel flyover this truck is parked facing traffic, transferring contents from broken truck.
Attachment 1238755
The broken down truck was still at the same place when I passed that flyover today morning at around 6:30 AM!
From the looks of it, its front suspension seems to have completely given away and one of the front wheels had broken and separated from the axle!

These things seem to be pretty regular in Bangalore now a days and the reasons seem to be our wonderful smooth roads, the numerous scientifically designed speed breakers and the top condition in which these vehicles are maintained!
Old 13th May 2014, 09:19   #5961
Senior - BHPian

You have heard of ambush predators, such as vipers. Ever heard of ambush preys?

Today when I was driving on Sarjapur road from Kodathi to Kannalli in the right lane. The road has a median with lamp poles, and some shrubs too. This old man dressed in white dhoti and white shirt, suddenly jumped on the road. I don't think he was running across the road, because it is difficult to miss someone dressed in white, even with shrubs blocking my view. To me, it seems more like he was waiting on the median, behind a lamp post.

Lucky for me, it was 7.15 AM and there was no traffic on the left lane. So I could swerve left to avoid him.

Braking may not have been effective because there is lot of loose soil on the road, thanks to numerous tippers, sand trucks and other construction equipment moving around. If you brake hard, you skid. Add to that, there are 3 deep pot holes with small circumference. If you are not familiar with the road, you will spot them only at the last moment. I have seen a few bikes braking hard and skidding there.

In another incident, one of my teammates was injured in an accident on outer ring road from Karthik Nagar to Doddanekkundi, on Friday. Once the slop from Karthik Nagar ends just after the railway bridge, there is an entry to the service road near a petrol bunk.

My colleague was riding his motorbike on the left lane, and was hit by an SUV that was trying to take this exit. Lucky for him, the car didn't run over him. His helmet is damaged in two places. He has bad bruises on left elbow and knee, and a few more wounds.

I have asked him to throw that helmet away and get a new one. He wasn't aware that he shouldn't use a damaged helmet.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:32   #5962
BHPian

Found this on a cab today. What do you call this?
Audacity, arrogance, or just ignorance?

It reads " If found driving RASH, better mind your business".

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-fsxszq3.jpg
Old 13th May 2014, 09:40   #5963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

Attachment 1240252
Usually the message seen on all cabs is IF DRIVEN RASHLY CALL AT THIS NUMBER XXXXXXXXXX. This guy wants to be different i guess. So this message.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:42   #5964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Usually the message seen on all cabs is IF DRIVEN RASHLY CALL AT THIS NUMBER XXXXXXXXXX. This guy wants to be different i guess. So this message.
Obviously I understand what other cabbies normally have as the message. (Btw, is the a law of some sort).

This guy, doesn't have that message either, and you can imagine his attitude in case of an accident, even if it's his fault.
Old 13th May 2014, 09:50   #5965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Obviously I understand what other cabbies normally have as the message. (Btw, is the a law of some sort).

This guy, doesn't have that message either, and you can imagine his attitude in case of an accident, even if it's his fault.
Despite seeing the message IF DRIVEN RASHLY CALL AT THIS NUMBER XXXXXXXXXX in all other cabs, they still drive like maniacs showing scant respect for other drivers. Even if they are involved in a minor accident, their behavior is attrocious.

May be the guy whom you saw is actually trying to convey the message that he is a goon and hence others should mind their business. I would discourage this sort of message being pasted on cars as it conveys a wrong signal.
Old 13th May 2014, 10:56   #5966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
This old man dressed in white dhoti and white shirt, suddenly jumped on the road.
Ok I have been in such an incident earlier.
Sometime early last year, I was returning from Airport in a BMTC Volvo and near Jayanagar, a guy suddenly jumps in front of the bus from the shrubs in the median. The driver brakes hard. As usual, Volvo stops immediately.
An elderly gentleman in the bus crashes from his seat onto the floor and hit his head on a seat corner and goes unconcious, bleeding heavily.
The fellow who jumped infront of the bus, is nabbed by the bus driver and conductor. He says that he wanted to commit suicide !!
He is caught hold of and the bus is driven straight first to a hospital to get help for the bus passenger. He is admitted in some hospital in Jayanagar, his family informed. The conductor stayed back with the admitted passenger in the hospital. Then the bus is driven to a Police station and the idiot is handed over to the police.
All this drama at 11:00 PM just because an idiot wanted to commit suicide !!
I had strained my back while trying to lift the injured passenger and put him to sit, although he couldn't since he was unconcious. It took about 2 days to get rid of the backpain.
I reached home a cool 1 hour late from the scheduled arrival at my stop.

So, yes, not only careless pedestrians do such a thing, but there are people who are out for committing suicide too !! At 7:15 when traffic is less, he can easily target vehicles which can run him over. Be careful of such losers. Preferably stick to the middle lane, more importantly, stay away from those shrubs in medians, or extreme left lane.

Quote:

Attachment 1240252
The catch here is guys, it says "RIDING" and not "DRIVING'.
So what it means is (pun intended); if a biker is riding rash, he should mind his own business and not ram into the cab.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:14   #5967
Team-BHP Support

Looks like with the elections over, the potholes are coming back. Command Hospital bus stop already have a few, seeing some crop up elsewhere.
Old 13th May 2014, 11:31   #5968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Preferably stick to the middle lane, more importantly, stay away from those shrubs in medians, or extreme left lane.
I will give my car for free* to those who show me where the middle lane on ORR is (I guess no other road is broad enough). The whole road has only two lanes, one clockwise and another anticlockwise. That means you can sway from close to the service road on the left side towards the median in one moment without using indicators. You are not doing anything illegal!

* - Palio, which not many want anyway
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 11:46   #5969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will give my car for free* to those who show me where the middle lane on ORR is (I guess no other road is broad enough). The whole road has only two lanes, one clockwise and another anticlockwise. That means you can sway from close to the service road on the left side towards the median in one moment without using indicators. You are not doing anything illegal!

* - Palio, which not many want anyway

Well, I meant drive bang in the middle of the road. Who cares, atleast saves your - you know what !!!

And Ohh, there are lot of Palio lovers. @Sunnyboi is one of em'.
Its a beautiful car. Keep it for some more time and you would could run it on Vintage rallies and earn lotsa monies.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:01   #5970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will give my car for free* to those who show me where the middle lane on ORR is
Well, It is not too difficult to spot the middle lane you see. Follow any of the cabs, autos, two wheelers or for that matter the cycle fellows and you are bound to find the middle lane in no time. The lane they occupy automatically becomes the middle lane, doesn't matter if they are to the left or right of the actual middle lane.

On a side note.. the right lane is easy to spot, it is for the slowest and the heaviest trucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks