Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:25   #5866
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I have seen broken down trucks being left on the road for days, but not within city limits.
The vehicle in the attached pic (what make/model is it?) was left in situ for about 2-3 weeks. This is on the road that connects IRR to Wind Tunnel Road via EGL and Challaghata. I thought the owner had abandoned it considering the expense involved in repairing it (and possibly no insurance cover).
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_20140309_131629.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2014, 12:07   #5867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The vehicle in the attached pic (what make/model is it?) was left in situ for about 2-3 weeks. This is on the road that connects IRR to Wind Tunnel Road via EGL and Challaghata. I thought the owner had abandoned it considering the expense involved in repairing it (and possibly no insurance cover).
Even I noticed this vehicle. Not sure what had happened.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:59   #5868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Even I noticed this vehicle. Not sure what had happened.
The vehicle in the above picture is Tata Sumo for sure
Old 22nd April 2014, 14:33   #5869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The vehicle in the above picture is Tata Sumo for sure
I don't think anyone is going to disagree on that one.
Old 22nd April 2014, 19:47   #5870
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic discussions please.
Old 22nd April 2014, 20:26   #5871
BHPian

This should provide some sort of relief for 9am Hosur Road commuters. There's a skywalk being constructed outside Christ University. Hopefully this skywalk will be used by the students and they won't hold up traffic to cross the road.

Source : Christ University Facebook page
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-10297550_642444105825167_655384526709210880_n.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2014, 07:11   #5872
Team-BHP Support

And the fascination of cabs and trucks with the poor railings of flyovers continues. This time a truck hit the railing almost head-on near the Ecospace flyover. When I passed the indicators were still blinking. Hopefully they take out the truck before the jam build up.
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:32   #5873
Team-BHP Support

Sigh!!!

Similar accident, same place, same time, only it is a truck - outside the intel flyover. Expect big delays due to the rubberneckers

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-photo-7.jpg
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:35   #5874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
And the fascination of cabs and trucks with the poor railings of flyovers continues. This time a truck hit the railing almost head-on near the Ecospace flyover. When I passed the indicators were still blinking. Hopefully they take out the truck before the jam build up.
It happened minutes before I passed, around 6:10 AM. There was a small crowd left. Most of them had dispersed. I am expecting a super jam build up of curious onlookers, rather than the broken truck actually blocking the road.

May be, the road under the flyover had become a little narrow, but not to deter traffic from flowing.
Fingers Crossed and Good Luck to fellow BHPians travelling on that route.
Old 23rd April 2014, 07:41   #5875
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sigh!!!

Similar accident, same place, same time, only it is a truck - outside the intel flyover. Expect big delays due to the rubberneckers
Despite the previous incidents, they haven't bothered to put a reflector on there yet. Are the authorities waiting to see how many more they catch off-guard before doing something about it?
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:27   #5876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
This should provide some sort of relief for 9am Hosur Road commuters. There's a skywalk being constructed outside Christ University. Hopefully this skywalk will be used by the students and they won't hold up traffic to cross the road.
It won't be sufficient to hold back students or anyone else, unless an 8 feet tall fence is put along the median of the road. We Indians love short cuts. Why climb up stairs and then climb down too, when you can dash across the road? If a vehicle hits you, it's anyway vehicle's fault and you get money (if you survive, that is).
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:34   #5877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sigh!!!

Attachment 1233539
Now they lifted it with crane and pushed off road. Yea traffic was a mess. Got struck for 20 minutes as the crane blocked complete road.

Also found a black Fusion with LTD stickers next to me

Last edited by akshay380 : 23rd April 2014 at 08:35.
Old 23rd April 2014, 08:43   #5878
BHPian

Quote:
There are similar spots all along the ORR. I'm wondering what makes this particular spot very accident prone. Is that something to do with overspeeding (the road is quite wide here)? Or is it because of cab drivers who take a sudden cut to right, to enter the road next to railing? Because when they come down from bellandur flyover, they come at quite a speed (especially off traffic hours) and by the time they want to take the ecospace road, they are almost near the railing of this flyover.

I won't be surprised if we see a speedbreaker just before this flyover sooner or later (talk about workarounds).
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:01   #5879
Team-BHP Support

I wont be surprised if the authorities, extend the divider much before the fylover begins to prevent this. But that wont solving the problem. It would just move the problem and may end-up creating more jams.

As you said surely there are many spots like this. But why it happens here?

I think thats because :

- If you see; most ORR flyovers begin much after the designated bus stops.
- But this one does not. Here you can see buses stopping right at the entrance of the flyover, thus giving small space for the rest of the traffic to pass through.
- Hence anyone trying speed past gets subjected to this peril.
- And since the likelihood of a jam is also high around this sector, people just want to speed past to avoid it.
- Thanks to that instant the probabilities of a hit increase even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Most truck drivers have a fetish for driving on the right-most lane all the time. A slight delay in judgement would've caused this accident. On highways, the flyover goes straight, and the exits open up on the outer sides, unlike the case here. By the time the driver realized that he had to move to the inner lane to take the flyover, it hit the median - quite possible, IMO.
True. But here we have seen many cabs too shooting themselves in their foot.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd April 2014 at 09:09.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:05   #5880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most truck drivers have a fetish for driving on the right-most lane all the time. A slight delay in judgement would've caused this accident. On highways, the flyover goes straight, and the exits open up on the outer sides, unlike the case here. By the time the driver realized that he had to move to the inner lane to take the flyover, it hit the median - quite possible, IMO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks