Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:52   #4231
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

In Hyderabad a platform on the road connecting LV Prasad to the Jubilee Hills checkpost was being abused by motorcyclists.

The GHMC has erected 3 feet tall concrete cylinders that have enough gap for a person to squeeze thru, but narrow enough to stop a bike.

That is a much better way to stop this nuisance.
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:54   #4232
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Few months back i commented on pavement riders. This is what is done in BTM Layout:

This needs to be at many more places.
Believe it or not, there are 'skilled' bikers who would not think twice to try this also, if the road is completely jammed of course :

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btm.jpg
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:55   #4233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
why can't they just barricade the footpath instead of all this crappy ideas which will eventually backfire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I guess the best idea as Anil said is to barricade the pavements. This will serve two purposes - Prevent two wheelers from riding on the footpath and also, prevent people from jaywalking!
If someone isn't attentive, they will trip on our footpaths, even without these mounts. Atleast it is better than sharing footpath with two-wheelers. When the barricades are installed ... (?) they can dismount these.
PS: Barricades work, (like near Jayadeva flyover), but I am skeptical about the barricades because they have to install over a stretch of 5 Km, from Silkboard to Banashankari bus stop. This may not happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The GHMC has erected 3 feet tall concrete cylinders that have enough gap for a person to squeeze thru, but narrow enough to stop a bike.
Every building has slope in the pavement for vehicles to get in. Cylinders are good option but they have install them between every building over the entire stretch.

Last edited by msdivy : 22nd March 2013 at 11:04.
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:35   #4234
BHPian

Quote:
Few months back i commented on pavement riders. This is what is done in BTM Layout:

I dont think people with disabilities would be in favor of such a blockade.

Most blind people are already using the road due to the unpredictability of the current footpaths.

Barricades along the sides of the entire length of the road could be a slight deterrent. not completely sure though.

I once heard a policeman tell a man, who had the ID tag of a good IT company, "educated aagbittu, uneducated thara maadthiralla" (translation "though being an educated person, you are behaving like an uneducated person"). I felt it was like a slap on the face.
anilupadhya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 17:37   #4235
BHPian

I was thinking of we walking around the city with a banner (which can be put around the neck) saying, "I am a mass murderer, I ride on footpath!" and take photos of every rider who rides on footpath.

Also take photo of every rider without helmet with a garland (may be sponsor them a copy also) and caption [born - death dates]

500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2013, 18:12   #4236
BHPian

Frankly speaking, i have never undertsood the reason for someone to ride on a footpath. They attempt and get back on roads soon as they cant continue seeing an obstacle. Why can't we have few more gms of patience to follow lane discipline. It makes everyones life so easy.
Old 27th March 2013, 09:34   #4237
BHPian

Traffic looks little bit eased today. Never faced any bottlenecks in my morning office travel from AECS Layout to ITPL. Hope it’s the effect of Easter holidays. The coming two days will much better it seems.
There was a sand lorry in the Graphite India signal which created some confusion. The signal was green for those who are coming from Kundanhalli to go straight to Hoodi or turn right towards ITPL. The lorry guy want to go straight but the Police man want him to take a right turn. This guy stopped the vehicle in the middle of the road and was having a talk with the traffic guy blocking one complete line. But a surprise there, no one made any chaos by excess honking, two lines merged into one without any issues and traffic followed continuously. Hope people are more relaxed because of better traffic conditions
Old 27th March 2013, 09:39   #4238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Hope it’s the effect of Easter holidays.
Today, its Holi ! Not sure of tomorrow, but Friday yes, since its holiday for most companies.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 09:40   #4239
Senior - BHPian

Live Traffic alert : Massive jam from Mantri apartments towards Agara Flyover.
Truck breakdown at the foot of the flyover.

Update: Traffic at ease from Agara Flyover onwards. Our company bus is ripping through the relatively free roads. :-)

Damn. Super massive jam from Sarjapur towards Bellandur flyover. Jam starts right from Sarjapur signal. Service road and main roads are choked.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 27th March 2013 at 09:46.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 09:41   #4240
BHPian

Quote:
Today, its Holi ! Not sure of tomorrow, but Friday yes, since its holiday for most companies.
Hooo. I missed that as we don't have 'Holi'day in our company
Old 27th March 2013, 10:05   #4241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Frankly speaking, i have never undertsood the reason for someone to ride on a footpath. They attempt and get back on roads soon as they cant continue seeing an obstacle. Why can't we have few more gms of patience to follow lane discipline. It makes everyones life so easy.
If you object to people riding on the footpath, have you seen their expression? Most of them react as though it is their constitutional right to ride on the footpath . Some of them honk at pedestrians on the footpath to move.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 11:50   #4242
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks using 100 feet road Indiranagar, watch out for this huge (pot)hole when you turn from Old Madras Road onto 100 feet road!
After you turn, just after the first junction (near 3M Car Care on your left) there is a huge hole about 6-7 feet wide. Since this place is not well lit (metro rail overhead and trees nearby) it's difficult to spot - stay on extreme left to avoid this.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:54   #4243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks using 100 feet road Indiranagar, watch out for this huge (pot)hole when you turn from Old Madras Road onto 100 feet road!
After you turn, just after the first junction (near 3M Car Care on your left) there is a huge hole about 6-7 feet wide. Since this place is not well lit (metro rail overhead and trees nearby) it's difficult to spot - stay on extreme left to avoid this.
looks like someone paid a lil' visit to the itsy-bitsy pothole

i make it a point to keep center when i'm nearing that spot
Old 28th March 2013, 19:35   #4244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Damn. Super massive jam from Sarjapur towards Bellandur flyover. Jam starts right from Sarjapur signal. Service road and main roads are choked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
<---Starts of Rant!!--->

Also, who all here think the road in front of Ecospace, Bellandur has become really risky post flyover construction with people and vehicles crossing the road randomly and popping up in front of you at the wrong times.

<---End of Rant!!--->
Reason for both are same.

1) Bus stops right at the entry to flyover. Impatient bus drivers trying the autowala stunt to cut in a 90 degree turn to overtake the bus waiting right ahead of him. and another one follows. Big block

2) BBMP/BTP/BDA still doesnt know how to divide the road permanently into two. Right infront of Bellandur flyover( opp central) people have removed the barricades. Vehicles coming from service road ( from Indian oil pump side) cuts across the road and takes an illegal u turn through this gap. Choko-block.

Somethings never change. Bangalore traffic being one.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 21:43   #4245
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1064538

This is one stupid way to keep bikers away from the pavement.

It is more like creating a hurdle for foot-walkers. People will FALL. Specially senior citizens (ladies).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks