Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2011, 07:32   #2431
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Pics from a small drive last night around between 8pm-9m to Kormangala and back to Indiranagar.
1.We were on 80 ft Rd Sony world signal waiting to turn right on to Inner ring road. In front was a new Merc E350 that we were admiring (he only had a paper stuck on rear windshield with registration number on it).
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-merc-e3501.jpg

2.Next we see some vehicle overtake us from right, happens to be this MH registered Matiz who chooses to be on right lane and block oncoming traffic.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-mh-moron.jpg

3.And then signal turns green and guess what ? There is a bus that has blocked the intersection from the Inner ring road side so we can't take a right turn ! By then the light turns green for folks going straight so the traffic from other side of 80 ft road starts moving and find the bus and the matiz in their way, all hell breaks loose. Luckily we manage to escape by going straight (wanted to go right actually) ! All because of 2 senseless morons.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-mh-bus-morons.jpg
Old 18th July 2011, 15:54   #2432
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Today was and still is, quite possibly, a horrible day for commuters, especially for those who regularly commute on Shantinagar Double-Road. The road has been dug up and traffic is diverted to all directions. It's crazy out there! The entire stretch, right from the Richmond Circle Flyover ramp, all the way up to Lal Bagh South Gate was jammed, courtesy the BBMP.

The digging will never stop.
Old 18th July 2011, 16:25   #2433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Today was and still is, quite possibly, a horrible day for commuters, especially for those who regularly commute on Shantinagar Double-Road. The road has been dug up and traffic is diverted to all directions. It's crazy out there! The entire stretch, right from the Richmond Circle Flyover ramp, all the way up to Lal Bagh South Gate was jammed, courtesy the BBMP.

Suhaas, yep, you are right. I was traveling from JC road direction into double road and there was traffic jam all the way upto Urvashi theater signal. Luckily, I was on a bike today and escaped through small gullies before they got jammed as well. I guess it is best to avoid double road until the blockade is removed by BBMP
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 16:26   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Very True. I witnessed jams starting from Siddaiah Road (Urvashi Junction) all the way till NIMHANS via Shantinagar and Wilson Garden. It was total chaos.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 16:32   #2435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Suhaas, yep, you are right. I was traveling from JC road direction into double road and there was traffic jam all the way upto Urvashi theater signal. Luckily, I was on a bike today and escaped through small gullies before they got jammed as well. I guess it is best to avoid double road until the blockade is removed by BBMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Very True. I witnessed jams starting from Siddaiah Road (Urvashi Junction) all the way till NIMHANS via Shantinagar and Wilson Garden. It was total chaos.
True.

This, in turn, affected the flow of traffic all around Lal Bagh, RV Road, Shantinagar, Richmond Circle and all areas around the Shantinagar Bus Depot. It was a very very chaotic day for all those commuters. And to add to the mayhem were a few imbeciles trying to get ahead of everyone and showing utter disregard and disrespect to other road users.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:32   #2436
BHPian

Quote:

I was caught in this jam coming from Richmond road on the flyover leading to the KH road. They have dug both sides of the road and it took about 30minutes to do the 1km stretch after which one had to take left and then U turn to come back to the KH road.

Its really crazy. Why cant the Traffic police put up some sign boards on the roads that lead to this area, so that we take other roads? They never seem to learn.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 20:36   #2437
Team-BHP Support

^^ Until a few months back, the sms updates from BLRTRAF were quite regular and covered major traffic disturbances eg. the digging by BWSSB on the NIMHANS road.

Of late though, I hardly get any updates; just 1 at 9am and another at 6am which says the same thing - traffic at so-and-so road.
Old 21st July 2011, 20:46   #2438
BHPian

22nd July is here. So, when does the the auto strike start? do they start off at 12.00am ? Although I feel sad for the auto commuters, as a driver, I cant be any less happy.
However, there's a possible lopside. All those autos might be replaced by more cars/bikes and people who are better in the autos rather than behind the steering. Thats a scary prospect.
Any news on those 40,000 new permits?
Old 21st July 2011, 22:59   #2439
BANNED

Adding to Iron4Hawk images of morons on the medians.

Check this. On HAL Airport Road in the middle of one of the most busy roads. I sometimes wonder what sort of degraded upbringing this people have.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20072011259.jpg  

Old 21st July 2011, 23:37   #2440
BHPian

Which road for that matter in Bangalore is not crowded.Almost all the roads here are full of vehicles. The city has not been planned to meet the increasing traffic issues and the infrastructure or space availability does not satisfy the increasing traffic requirement. I don't think Namma Metro is going to come soon and if it comes also there is no much use on the same.

Where is the government concentrating on all these things , they are busy fighting to save their chairs and organising drama every day. That is the reason why i say worsening city called Bangalore as my location. But no other city is good and all are almost the same. But comparitively these days Namma Bengaluru is getting worser day by day. Beautiful trees those were for ages are cut down . This is one unbearable thing in Bangalore. Its is no more a Garden city.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:55   #2441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am happy that more Auto's are coming on the roads. Let them fight amongst each other.

Two incidents that will forever be etched on my mind about Auto drivers in Bangalore is one of a young lady getting slapped by one in broad daylight in the middle of the city and another of a polio affected person dropped about 600 meters from his doorstep only because the Auto didn't want to take a U turn in the small lane.

I feel no pity for this class of people in Bangalore. The one's who are good amongst them don't have the spine to correct the bad amongst them.

I agree with you totally Spitfire.These autowallah's dont deserve any respect.They are just a degraded lot of people who are ready to stoop down to any levels to get their things done.I want to quote a incident that occured to me few weeks ago-Me and my parents had to go to the Yeswantpur Railway Station .So i go and get this auto home from the auto stand near my house so that we can load the luggage.But this auto had those huge speakers in the rear space so we could not load any luggage.So the driver said dont want and will send another auto for you.I accompanied him back till the auto stand from where i hired him earlier which is barely 200 meters from my home.After getting a new auto this guy starts asking me to pay 20 Rupees as "Boni" for coming till the house and going back.I said,Boss we would have hired you only but you had those speakers at the rear(Which i had not noticed before because they were properly concealed) and its hardly 200 mts that you have come.But he was not ready to relent at all and kept arguing that he could have got another customer during this period of coming to my house and going back.I finally had to say that i havent bought my purse to pay him.He left with some mumbling!This cost us 5 minutes from our already delayed departure.

Also regarding the median pic you posted.I wonder how thick the people can get ha! I once saw this couple on a bike at right next to the divider on the Outer ring road near nagawara signal.The girl was hugging hthe guy and speaking something in to his ears.All this while traffic was zooming beside them at high speeds! They don't care for their lives nor they think about the inconvinience they are causing to others.I mean what kind of morons they are to stop next to a divider to talk something cosily ! God bless them!

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd July 2011 at 12:01.
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:46   #2442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

No wonder my normal evening rom Circle to Mekhri Circle has almost doubled! The entire Wilson Garden turnoff>Banerghattaa Rd>Hosur Road>Richmond Road area is chock-a-block with vehicles.

The mess was much more than normal and I could not figire out why! Unfortunately no way out either for me
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:47   #2443
Senior - BHPian

So true, this city is heading towards a severe chaos, i dare to think what will be the state in next 5yrs or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Which road for that matter in Bangalore is not crowded.Almost all the roads here are full of vehicles. The city has not been planned to meet the increasing traffic issues and the infrastructure or space availability does not satisfy the increasing traffic requirement. I don't think Namma Metro is going to come soon and if it comes also there is no much use on the same.

Where is the government concentrating on all these things , they are busy fighting to save their chairs and organising drama every day. That is the reason why i say worsening city called Bangalore as my location. But no other city is good and all are almost the same. But comparitively these days Namma Bengaluru is getting worser day by day. Beautiful trees those were for ages are cut down . This is one unbearable thing in Bangalore. Its is no more a Garden city.
Old 22nd July 2011, 19:36   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I agree with you totally Spitfire.These autowallah's dont deserve any respect.They are just a degraded lot of people who are ready to stoop down to any levels to get their things done.I want to quote a incident that occured to me few weeks ago-Me and my parents had to go to the Yeswantpur Railway Station .So i go and get this auto home from the auto stand near my house so that we can load the luggage.But this auto had those huge speakers in the rear space so we could not load any luggage.So the driver said dont want and will send another auto for you.I accompanied him back till the auto stand from where i hired him earlier which is barely 200 meters from my home.After getting a new auto this guy starts asking me to pay 20 Rupees as "Boni" for coming till the house and going back.I said,Boss we would have hired you only but you had those speakers at the rear(Which i had not noticed before because they were properly concealed) and its hardly 200 mts that you have come.But he was not ready to relent at all and kept arguing that he could have got another customer during this period of coming to my house and going back.I finally had to say that i havent bought my purse to pay him.He left with some mumbling!This cost us 5 minutes from our already delayed departure.

Also regarding the median pic you posted.I wonder how thick the people can get ha! I once saw this couple on a bike at right next to the divider on the Outer ring road near nagawara signal.The girl was hugging hthe guy and speaking something in to his ears.All this while traffic was zooming beside them at high speeds! They don't care for their lives nor they think about the inconvinience they are causing to others.I mean what kind of morons they are to stop next to a divider to talk something cosily ! God bless them!

I second your opinion. Yeswanthpur Railway Station is the worst among the lot. The auto drivers are very rude and arrogant. Once i almost landed in serious fight with one of the un-cultured autowalla. Had i spoken for some more time, i would have torn him into pieces. Just because i didn't want to go to their level, i stopped the fight.

I wish all the railway stations in Bangalore have the Pre-paid auto fare as in the City Railway station. I am even planning to write a letter to the Commissioner, traffic Bangalore stating the incident and auto number. I am also adding a few sentences to request the introduction of the pre-paid auto fare as in the City railway station in all the places.
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:00   #2445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I second your opinion. Yeswanthpur Railway Station is the worst among the lot. The auto drivers are very rude and arrogant. Once i almost landed in serious fight with one of the un-cultured autowalla. Had i spoken for some more time, i would have torn him into pieces. Just because i didn't want to go to their level, i stopped the fight.

I wish all the railway stations in Bangalore have the Pre-paid auto fare as in the City Railway station. I am even planning to write a letter to the Commissioner, traffic Bangalore stating the incident and auto number. I am also adding a few sentences to request the introduction of the pre-paid auto fare as in the City railway station in all the places.
Yeshwantpur Railway station has a prepaid counter! Its there on the tumkur road side exit.Just after you exit from platform 6,after descending the steps turn left and proceed for 150 mts.You will find the prepaid counter there! I dont know whether its present on the platform 1 exit,havent been there any time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks