Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 20:09   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Sirji Unlikely or most likely?
Understand one thing if they want to reject your claim they will reject your claim. As if you are in problem, that is not there problem it's your problem.
Bullying customer on phone is one thing. Actually rejecting claim is another.

Usually these things are done to delay claims for months.

If you make is apparent that you have know-how to approach Ombudsman things should work out in 4 -5 months.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:52   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Bullying customer on phone is one thing. Actually rejecting claim is another.

Usually these things are done to delay claims for months.

If you make is apparent that you have know-how to approach Ombudsman things should work out in 4 -5 months.
May be you are right but with "ICICI" I don't think this will make difference to them, they are shame less guy's and don't care for you at all.
Old 16th December 2009, 11:37   #138
Senior - BHPian

ICICI people are the most bullshit piece of substance available on the earth.
the surveyor had submitted his report. the surveyor was a very senior person and has an experience of 40 years in this field.

now i received the call from Mr.Nikhil Shinde from ICICI Malad branch. he asked me to submit a new drivers statement saying that he did a commercial transaction of Rs.800 as per the FIR. i explained him that the driver did not take any money and allowed them in because their mother was not well. and indeed driver did not get any money and he ended up loosing his money and my car as well.
then he was like we all at ICICI know that Indica is a tourist vehicle. this blowed my fuse off and asked him to stop speaking crap. i told him that my dad is a GM with tatamotors and me too at a senior level with tata. it was not a indicab or white colored car and it was fitted with stanley leather seats and 50k worth music system.
i asked him to give in writing that he was demanding the change. then he was like " hamare paas mail ya writing karneki pratha nahi hai". hearing this i lost all my temper and i replied " Hamare paas bhi gadho se phone pe baat karne ki pratha nahi hai".
then he said that means you are not co-operating. then i told him whatever the surveyor has given in report is true and you can go ahead with that. i will see later what is to be done and what all departments i need to involve right from Police commissioner to court and all.
then he was like i will submit a report that since driver is not present the report cannot be taken. i clearly told him that driver is not going to accept what he has not done. he has not done any transaction.

i think i should ask the mods to warn each and every BHPIAN not to use any product from ICICI.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:54   #139
BHPian

Hello amit, like esteemlover suggested, walk into their office and ask to see the CLAIMS MANAGER. Please do go with a lawyer. Politely explain your case and the attitude and behaviour of the staff over phone.

I am sure, he will sort it out in your favour

My Cousin is a Claims Manager ( entire TN ) for another auto insurance company and he has a lot of customers, walking in to meet him.

Edit: +1 to what Technocrat said above asking for a written request. When you ask for written statements from them, about their views on the case, they will know that they cannot take you for a ride ! Its your right to demand what they say in writing !

Last edited by vdiatech : 16th December 2009 at 12:59.
Old 16th December 2009, 12:56   #140
Senior - BHPian

Amit - There are enough ICICI horror stories & its sad to see you become another victim.

Btw You should have told him that since he wants a written statement, you expect a written request & not a telephonic one.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:59   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Amit - There are enough ICICI horror stories & its sad to see you become another victim.

Btw You should have told him that since he wants a written statement, you expect a written request & not a telephonic one.
ya i told him to send me a written request letter to which he denied. and i was also open to meet him personally. but he is like come to MALAD to meet me then and submit the document. i was like i can go down to the sourav hall head office in pune. then he said that i cannot go there as the case is in his hand. then i gave up. i cannot travel down to malad to hear his crap.

now the only thing left with me is submit the final verdict of police and wait till they deliver me a letter saying that my claim is rejected, then i will get into the legal battlefield.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:12   #142
BHPian

Please Pardon my ignorance
@Amit: shouldn’t be your case should be handled in Pune. Since the car is registered wit insurance policy taken from pune then why the case is in Malad. Also is it possible that they can transfer the case to pune branch.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:44   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

i think i should ask the mods to warn each and every BHPIAN not to use any product from ICICI.
Dude, you are a senior Bhpian, which means you have been around for quite sometime. May I ask what made you go in for an insurer like ICICI in the 1st place? Even if not at Tbhp, the net is replete with complaints about ICICI.

I know its done now, but can't help being curious.

Last edited by Raccoon : 16th December 2009 at 16:45.
Old 16th December 2009, 16:53   #144
BHPian

Amit first thing first, dont panic and cool down, fight with them politely. If he says the file is rejected or will be rejected, tell him thats fine. and politely mention that ICICI will have tough time from now on. and fight legally. FIR statement doesnt stand true in court it can be changed.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I 100% support you statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Sirji now you can't do anything over this.

Quote:
ya i told him to send me a written request letter to which he denied. and i was also open to meet him personally. but he is like come to MALAD to meet me then and submit the document. i was like i can go down to the sourav hall head office in pune. then he said that i cannot go there as the case is in his hand. then i gave up. i cannot travel down to malad to hear his crap.

now the only thing left with me is submit the final verdict of police and wait till they deliver me a letter saying that my claim is rejected, then i will get into the legal battlefield.
Please be in PATIENCE and don't loose your temper as you will receive many more phone call's like this from insurance company. I know it's easy to give "Bha-shan" but still...

One thing let me tell you here in your premium you have paid for surveyor expense which is built-in in your premium which will not reflect in your policy. I don't have anything in writing for this but as soon as I have I will post it here. If insurance company need's anything they have to come to you they can't force you to come to Mumbai - Malad for submission of document's.

I fail to understand how this Malad chapter come's in this business?
Old 17th December 2009, 12:51   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Dude, you are a senior Bhpian, which means you have been around for quite sometime. May I ask what made you go in for an insurer like ICICI in the 1st place? Even if not at Tbhp, the net is replete with complaints about ICICI.

i know icici is the worst service provider, be it in any product. but tata motors had tie up with them wherein the subsidized loan is disbursed directly from company. so i dint bother peeping much into details. i directly picked the car from the showroom and drove it home.
now i regret this foolishness of buying a icici insurance. now i am just offloading all icici products i have.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:27   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i know icici is the worst service provider, be it in any product. but tata motors had tie up with them wherein the subsidized loan is disbursed directly from company. so i dint bother peeping much into details. i directly picked the car from the showroom and drove it home.
now i regret this foolishness of buying a icici insurance. now i am just offloading all icici products i have.
Sad to see that your troubles are continuing thanks to ICICI.

Damn, they make buying insurance so easy !! Pay online, this and that way, however when it comes for them to pay, they look for ways of not paying.

Crooks, Good that I avoided them at all costs till now and will continue to advise others too. Glad that helped one of my friend to move away from ICICI, when Maruti dealer was giving him insurance from ICICI, had given strict instructions to them to provide any PSU insurance.

Hope your case comes to closure soon with no more hassles. You are doing good thing by asking them to send everything in writing. Also be patient, it is the money which they owe you and they have to give it, theres no escaping, how they will give, thats something time will tell.
Old 17th December 2009, 15:26   #148
BANNED

@amit_mechengg

I am not here to support ICICI for that matter. :-). However as i see Nikhil is just a executive trainee in ICICI Lombard (i have confirmed this). So may be its too early to form a opinion about brand based of behavior of trainee executive.

Anyhow, we have better goal to achive - claiming insurance cover for your lost car.

I will suggest please mail your experience and dissatisfaction about your phone call to proper people in mail with request to settle claim promptly.

I will be in position to update you with correct persons/ mail ids. However you need to be elaborative while drafting mail and your demands.

Disclaimer: I have no relation with ICICI group in any way. Just want to help out here.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:15   #149
BHPian

Amit. Sorry for what has happened. Hope you come out of this soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.

jk..LOL..reminds me of the mal sayin, 'aanakaryam chenakaryam' ..
Others sorry for the regional language, but thats how its said !
Old 17th December 2009, 18:20   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
@amit_mechengg

I am not here to support ICICI for that matter. :-). However as i see Nikhil is just a executive trainee in ICICI Lombard (i have confirmed this). So may be its too early to form a opinion about brand based of behavior of trainee executive.

Anyhow, we have better goal to achive - claiming insurance cover for your lost car.

I will suggest please mail your experience and dissatisfaction about your phone call to proper people in mail with request to settle claim promptly.

I will be in position to update you with correct persons/ mail ids. However you need to be elaborative while drafting mail and your demands.

Disclaimer: I have no relation with ICICI group in any way. Just want to help out here.

thanks a lot for your helping hand. i think its a better idea. that i mail in detail to concerned people. will pm

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks