Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 12:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

I will advice you to visit there office once and you will be clear what documents they need.

Shri S Viswanathan
Insurance Ombudsman,
Office of the Insurance Ombudsman,
3rd Floor, Jeevan Seva Annexe,
S.V. Road, Santacruz(W),
MUMBAI-400 054.
Tel : 022-26106928
Fax : 022-26106052
Old 27th March 2010, 12:27   #167
Senior - BHPian

ok. once i get the letter from icici lombard i will check under what act they have rejected. then i will visit the office mentioned above.

what is better, filing a case in consumer court or ombudsman?
Old 27th March 2010, 12:41   #168
J.Ravi

Sorry, amit_mechengg, for the sad story I read so far. I wish you all the best in your fight against ICICI Lombard.

Old 27th March 2010, 12:42   #169
Senior - BHPian

Insurance Ombudsman is a special body which is made only for insurance claims and other miclanus issues, My advice 100% will be for ombudsman.
Old 27th March 2010, 13:55   #170
Senior - BHPian

that is shocking to hear Amit, well what else can we expect from ICICI, easy to pay premium however equally hard for them to pay when you need it. Very sad.
Old 27th March 2010, 14:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
that is shocking to hear Amit, well what else can we expect from ICICI, easy to pay premium however equally hard for them to pay when you need it. Very sad.

yes the insurance agents run behind us like beggars and later on the ICICI Lombard customer care manager and legal dept act like goons.

they the the bulshit species of humans i have ever seen. they kept harrasing me and they dint even bother to inform me that they have sent a letter to me. it was when i called them to know the status they told me that they had sent a notice 1 month back which i never received.
now they have sent it again which is yet to reach me.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I see the ad of lombard on TV, I always think the ways they are ready to accept money for Insurance. However, am really shocked that they are finding excuses to reject claims when they should be instead helping you out like a true insurance company.

High time you visit them personally and get the letter yourself, even if it means one day off at work, then you might need to visit the ombudsman, its a matter of a few lakhs afterall.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:15   #173
Senior - BHPian

Amit,

To help you and others I have made this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-working.html I hope this will be useful to you in many ways and to all the team-bhpins also.

You really motivated me to search for the information and making this thread. I should be thankful to you.

Last edited by rjvora_2000 : 29th March 2010 at 09:19.
Old 30th March 2010, 01:34   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
ok. once i get the letter from icici lombard i will check under what act they have rejected. then i will visit the office mentioned above.

what is better, filing a case in consumer court or ombudsman?
I'm not sure if you will get any compensation, etc., if you approach the Ombudsman. You can definitely claim compensation, interest, expenses, etc., if you approach a Consumer Court.

Furthermore, it might not be a good idea to wait for ICICI's letter. As you can well imagine, they may never send it to you, despite whatever they claim.

Last edited by Raccoon : 30th March 2010 at 01:39.
Old 30th March 2010, 09:16   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I'm not sure if you will get any compensation, etc., if you approach the Ombudsman. You can definitely claim compensation, interest, expenses, etc., if you approach a Consumer Court.
Furthermore, it might not be a good idea to wait for ICICI's letter. As you can well imagine, they may never send it to you, despite whatever they claim.
@ Amit You need to intimate to the insurance company that you are going to do legal case on them if they do not reply your final letter in 15 day's time.

I think you will have to get something in writing from insured that they have rejected your claim.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:01   #176
Senior - BHPian

after getting a Claim Rejected letter from ICICI i have put up a case in Ombudsman.
But things at ombudsman are also not so favorable. i filed a case in April.
They got it registered in June and till date i haven't received a hearing date from them.

i have visited the ombudsman office 8-10 times till date.

Some people are suggesting me to stop the bank installments and some are suggesting not to do so.
i am confused now
Old 17th August 2010, 11:46   #177
MX6
Senior - BHPian

That's bad amit. I'm not sure about the EMI parts. I don't think you can stop the EMIs as the bank would start sending gunda's over to your place, following by reporting to CIBIL to spoil your credit ratings. But one thing they can't do for sure is to seize your vehicle as it's already stolen.
I believe that you need to continue paying off the EMIs till the ombudsman helps resolve your case. The bank can't be held responsible for theft of your car. Either the insurance owns it or you. Hope the ombudsman helps settle it in your favour and you recover the IDV from the insurance.
Lesson for all people. Keep a tab on your drivers and select your insurance people judiciously.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:29   #178
BHPian

Very unfortunate! :(

About the insurance part of it, while ICICI sure is bad, but in this case most insurance providers would have rejected the claim due to the "hire and reward" clause. Many of the cases against insurance companies are due to this clause, one option is settling at a lower IDV (typically 75%)..

Last edited by MaxX : 17th August 2010 at 12:37.
Old 17th August 2010, 12:37   #179
Senior - BHPian

isnt there a mandate by the IRDA on the ombudsman to clear the cases in a particular time frame.

These kinds of relaxed policies help these companies do as they wish for there are no ill consequences for them.

This is very very unfortunate, since ombudsman has been giving lots of ads in the papers to report to them about insurance companies. (is it that they want a bribe ?)
Old 17th August 2010, 13:46   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
isnt there a mandate by the IRDA on the ombudsman to clear the cases in a particular time frame.

These kinds of relaxed policies help these companies do as they wish for there are no ill consequences for them.

This is very very unfortunate, since ombudsman has been giving lots of ads in the papers to report to them about insurance companies. (is it that they want a bribe ?)
i dont think they want any bribe. its a very sophisticated office with kind of non sarkari people. i even asked the office boy whether i need to pay someone. he said no and told me that the officer incharge is very strict.

The reason they are giving me for delay is, some officer was not well for 15 days, then the new officer took the charge and older ones got transferred etc etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks