Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
3-4 men with guns. Gunned is not the right word.
can we please leave the grammar aside for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Sad to read this. Aren't those pics of your car in Post #1 (since they show as Xeta GLS, instead of DLS that you mentioned there)?
Agreeing with Rudra Sen. Guessing that the driver knows more than what he's told so far.
ya thats not my car, have posted images to replicate the color of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
First time hearing such thing that too at Panvel expressway which is always busy with many vehicles. What time it happened ? How can one stop (even gunman) a speeding vehicle in the highway, unless the driver stopped the car. Had it been in the outskirts chances are there that road can be blocked and do these things ! Some one go to Panvel police station and monitor things without wasting any time.

Sorry for the incident.
i too think the driver might have stopped to pick up some seats near panvel. then these goons might have entered forcibly. no one can dare to stop a speeding car. and even if you see a person with gun the sensible thing is to knock him down head on.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd November 2009 at 10:43.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i never found anything suspicious about him ever. he is working with me for last 2-3 months.

he said he was robbed too, but when i checked his wallet he had 500 rs left out of 2500 rs which i had given him yesterday at around 2 before leaving. on questioning he is saying they took out only 2000 rs. thats why police are suspicious about him.
Hay amit, something seems fishy here. How it is possible that they took only Rs 2000 and left Rs 500 in your drivers Wallet, what for? Have you done any police verification before appointing him?
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Most of all if he did really stop for collecting passengers at the end of the expressway there should have been more witnesses/passengers waiting for a hitch.
AFAIK the Police will try their best to take out a confession from him, and nab the gang and retrieve the car.
Else once he is proved innocent then the police will get in contact with their local informants and try to identify the culprits.
Hope you get your car man. Best of luck.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd November 2009 at 10:32.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sounds fishy, and the fact that he's been employed for just 2-3 months. If you claim insurance, you'll get back the IDV mentioned on the insurance note.

There may be a way to get the road tax as well, not too sure about that. Hope you get you car back.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the car. The story sounds a little fishy push the police to get to the bottom of it. The expressway is not some isolated desolate stretch of road where an armed gang can stop vehicles, there is just too much traffic.

If one gives the driver some benefit of doubt - he might have picked up 'passengers' who once in the car - overpowered him and threw him out.

If the driver is guilty (he has been with you only 3 months), he was working hand in glove with the car thieves.

Have an FIR lodged with the police (if someone has not done so already) obtain a copy and lodge your claim with the insurance guys. The colour of the car is no longer material as it can be changed easily - it might have been done already.

All the best,

Cheers,
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
yesterday in a tragic incident when my driver had gone to drop some relatives in mumbai, while returning he was stopped at panvel just where the expressway ends by 3-4 gunned people.

he was thrashed and my car INDICA DLS dark bluish, cavern grey was snatched away from him.
the thing is my driver was so terrified that he was not able to utter a word. he was waiting at the police station and some person X from roadside called me and informed that "apke driver ko marke kuch log gadi churake bhag gaye hai."

now after interrogation with the driver the police are saying that the driver is not giving correct answers. he was taken to the hospital for medical treatment and bought back.

is anyone aware of such incidents occuring near panvel.
can someone please guide me what to do in such incident. what about insurance procedure.

i request all mumbaites if they see a pune passing MH14 BK 2848 cavern grey, the one with bluish tinch tata indica to please notify.

thanks to all in advance
Sorry to hear. It had once happened to my friend in Bangalore. Some one stole his bike after threatening him.

It seems that they were only looking for a transport for a quick escape. The police traced the bike left abandoned near Kolar(some 100kms). I hope you'll find yours too.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:04   #22
BHPian

I agree with Raveendra, those are the two scenarios which are most likely. In either case driver is at fault , make sure he co-operates with the cops and let them take a free hand. I know most will believe that it is too easy to simply blame the driver who is a poor man , but trust me several times the most obvious answer is overlooked.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:34   #23
BHPian

+1 for the police interrogation.

Hope you get your car back.

My two cents worth.
1. 3-4 gunmen on a busy expressway. Not that it is impossible. Maybe there may have been a related crime nearby like they murdered some high profile chap and were looking for a getaway car and along comes this ambling car looking to fill seat passengers. Halt, rob and run away.
2. In normal course seeing people brazely flaunting their guns is unlikely. Perhaps, the driver may have done something earlier in the ride, like ticking off some local transport guys and they must have chased him and had him black and blue. Picking up passengers or some female enticing incident is possible.
3. The driver is hand in glove with the absconders. But may be unlikely if the 3-4 gunmen theory is verified.

Panvel, Kamothe are very crime prone area. There is significant number of crime related cases there. Oil tankers routinely get stolen from these areas and so does fuel thefts. local guys are quite ruthless in Panvel and fyi, No taxis can ply from Panvel station. Local rickshaw fellows have a mafia down there.

Hope you get through this fine and quickly. I would say take the IDV from insurance and start life afresh.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:49   #24
BHPian

try and get the phone records of your driver for that particular day , you may get some leads if something is fishy in your driver's version.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
try and get the phone records of your driver for that particular day , you may get some leads if something is fishy in your driver's version.
Since the police already have a doubt on him, rest assured all his details will be verified. But defenitely given the current situation, the fingers defenitely seem to point to the driver right now. if indeed its him then the car will be found quickly so not to worry.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

amit, it might help if there is something unique about your car which would help to identify it - stickers, anything of that sort
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Just one thing. Don't let the driver go out. Keep him under observation or in custody.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:33   #28
BHPian

A theory:

What if the driver was making some pocket money, had taken some hitch hikers on the way, and in turn got beaten up and thrown out of the car.

He, in order to cover up the part where he had offered a ride, ends up saying, he was waylaid and the car was stolen.

Last edited by Spinnerr : 2nd November 2009 at 12:34.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:38   #29
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your case Amit.

Indica robbed by gunmen ? sounds fishy. also if they were robbers why would they take only 2000rs and leave rs 500 for your driver, case looks like either the driver is lying or they might be some kind of militants having some ulterior motive. Let the police investigate the matter properly.
Hope you get your car back soon.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
A theory:

What if the driver was making some pocket money, had taken some hitch hikers on the way, and in turn got beaten up and thrown out of the car.

He, in order to cover up the part where he had offered a ride, ends up saying, he was waylaid and the car was stolen.
That is a very good possibility. That explains him being beaten up.
Does he have any wound marks on him ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks