Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

It was late in the night but I was excited about this big break we were getting at last, after total damages of close to 20k on all my cards. Next day morning I informed both API and the local police station about this.

By evening the local Police detective had the ICICI account of Mr Nasrat Ali open in front of me with the previous quarter's transactions. There was no doubt whatsoever about the nature of operations Mr Nasrat Ali was conducting. Every page contained approximately 15 days data. Every 15 days he was getting 2.5 lacs cash deposited in his account , always less than 50k each time from various parts of the country. The ATM widthdrawals kept pace with the deposits, so finally the balance was only 13k.

The account was traced to a bogus address in Bhandup, the contact number was not active.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Pajero Theft-page1.jpg  

Story of Pajero Theft-page.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 4th February 2011 at 09:44. Reason: Do NOT personally attack men in uniform on this thread. Removing names
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm....this is now becoming interesting. The thief is virtually traced, but the address is found to be fake. I am curious to know the stand of ICICI..

If they suspended his account then maybe the deposits in his acount would be an issue, I guess..
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:13   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Stolen from Napeansea road & FOUND in Bhandup
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
The account was traced to a bogus address in Bhandup, ....

Interesting co-incidence eh?

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:22   #34
Team-BHP Support

Man, this is gripping!

On reading the opening 2 paras and then the last line; there definitely seems to be something fishy! Hope I haven't got the suspense right.

Ain't it so simple in India to have anything (hopefully except the passport) issued on a bogus address.

I do hope all your efforts result in finding the vehicle. Tuned to this thread!
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:29   #35
BHPian

Dude... bring it on, I say. Its going real good. I could sense that you had traced your car back with all your efforts.

I still remember the way we "played detectives" when my friend lost his debit card. We found it back exactly the same way as you did - but unlike you, only after the thief had used the card for some 20-25K did my friend realize that the card was missing. The worst thing is the thief was also an employee of the same organization that we were working in!!!

Cheers!!
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

You have definitely made this into an exciting read. And so far the moral of the story is that if your Debit card gets stolen, do not block it immediately, leave some money in the account and let the theives use it. Will give you some chance to catch them

Good thinking.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:31   #37
BHPian

A big thanks to all who are reading this thread.

I was totally unaware of the dangers lurking in this city and as this manhunt continues I get to hear many things from the Police -- some unrelated to motor vehicle theft. Some are shocking and unbelievable, some are funny but most are demoralising.In this big city of ours, the most shocking thing is that the Police are not working for the safety of its citizens, but they are the brokers of crime. They let it run under their control, getting a cut from every dispicable act of crime.

I did not hear from the Motor Vehicle Unit for 3 days. So I called API on 14th and immediately I was aware of a sinking feeling in my heart. I realised that I had given up my ace card to a traitor. He told me that there was 'something positive and something negative' (his exact words). He had gone to the ICICI bank and blocked Mr Nasrat's account. 'There was nothing else we could do' he said. Nasrat was warned already and all our efforts were in vain.

I told him what he could have done. There was ample evidence in the account details to show the hangouts of Mr Nasrat. Get his photo from his account opening form and then the job is reduced to watching a few joints in Vashi -- especially the ATM where he made regular withdrawals.

His team had not taken the account statement of Mr Nasrat but he had an account statement of mine in his files!

API was furious when I told him this. There were names of some shops in the account statement which featured prominently in his transactions. 'Madhuban Bar' was one of them. A single spent in Madhuban was above Rs 15k. Among the many shops around Maduban was Maaru NX a mobile store which he had visited ten days back. We got the bill from this transaction and there was an IMEI number of a Nokia E63, which he had bought on 24th Dec.
Now we were in business again, regardless of the protection granted to him
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Pajero Theft-maru.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 5th February 2011 at 13:48. Reason: Do NOT indulge in name calling
gtabombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:33   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
You have definitely made this into an exciting read. And so far the moral of the story is that if your Debit card gets stolen, do not block it immediately, leave some money in the account and let the theives use it. Will give you some chance to catch them

Good thinking.

But why was the credit limit on the credit card not reduced also? To enable the thief to make more transactions so at least one would generate a useful witness? What if the very first transaction went into a lac?
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:13   #39
Senior - BHPian

This is a full on gripping mystery

Hope it all turned out well. Seems our Nasrat didn't bargain on stealing from such a tenacious & sharp brain - I'm optimistic!
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

well thats gripping , but please be sure that you do not confront these guys by yourself , we simply do not have any way of gauging how bad a guy this might be .

The IMEI number allows you to find the phone irrespective of the Service proivider and then its just a matter of the police tracing the calls to triangulate his location if he is using the phone himself.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:33   #41
Team-BHP Support

I hope you catch this man:
Story of Pajero Theft-img_0472.jpg

Old 3rd February 2011, 21:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
But why was the credit limit on the credit card not reduced also? To enable the thief to make more transactions so at least one would generate a useful witness? What if the very first transaction went into a lac?
I had not even thought of it . But big value transactions were anyway very risky for these creeps.

Good work, I am stumped already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I hope you catch this man:
Now that is some good detective work from you. But the photo is a bit grainy at this magnification.

Meet Mr Nasrat Ali Idris Khan
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Pajero Theft-nasrat.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th February 2011 at 13:12. Reason: Merging consecutive posts.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:50   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

May be I am dumb but what relation of picture posted by bblost??
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Well it is a mystery, but it is Mr Nasrat Ali

Last edited by gtabombay : 3rd February 2011 at 22:33.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
+1 to that. What is connection between the pic and this case? Is that Nasrat Ali?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks