Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 17:09   #181
BHPian

Re: A Bentley joins the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hi Manuuj!!

Pardon me for posting a late reply!!My heartfelt congratulations to you and your family,more importantly your brother who made it happen!!!The GT looks absolutely magnificient.The lines,the posture,the beauty,the elegance!!!!Oh my god!!!I literally wet my pants looking at those pictures!!!!

It was disappointing to know about the niggles of the Brooklands!I was hoping you'd go for it and by the looks of your test drive patterns,i think even you were interested in it!!! But when you're paying multiple crores for a car,it has to be the best with no compromises!!!

Enjoy it mate!!!
Thanks you for the wishes buddy! You are correct when you say that the Brooklands was my first choice.

I had seen one a about a year ago and was instantly taken by it. Its elegance grace and comfort really sold me on it. A Bentley joins the family-img_0875re.jpg

Sadly when it came to this particular piece just very minor niggles caused it to drop out. A reason for this was also a stunning and thoroughly modern GT giving it competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
This Supersports is Now in Mumbai!! Sold!!
Good to know! Some really lucky guy (or girl..you never know) may be driving it right now as i write this.
A Bentley joins the family-img_0872re.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
Congrats, its a fitting post for a superb car.
Hope your family enjoys driving it as much as we enjoyed reading about it.

Boy is that car cool or what?
Thanks so much RacingForIndia! I cant wait to take it out on a open road. This car is so cool it even makes ME look cool! Hahaha!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats Manuuj and convey my wishes to your brother.

This feature rich white car looks wonderful. White is always best on all segments. Happy and Safe Motoring.
Thank you RGK for the wishes and i shall be sure to convey them to my brother also. White is a great color and the GT looks great in it. They also have a mettalic dark silver shade that i like a lot also. If we had been ordering the car ourselves i might have gone for this one:

A Bentley joins the family-cgtlocation020062.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
I do not usually comment on this forum, but by god this has to be one of the most passionate and well written threads. Kudos on capturing the readers attention and interest and holding it through to the very end. I understand that people do need inspiration to crank out such amazing write-ups, but good god, could you have asked for better inspiration?
Anyway, congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it in good health
Thank you so much for the kind words Sir! The GT surely has an iconic shape and "seductive" is the absolute accurate way of describing it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the write up and pics and am deeply grateful for the praise you have heaped upon my now swollen head.

To be honest i never write like that.

It was the Bentley marque indeed that precipitated this impromptu eloquence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Manuuj

Heartfelt congratulations, dude. This thread is a pertrolhead's dream material. In fact, I had seen the very first post of this thread while boarding to my flight to Singapore.

Also, when can I drop by to have a peek!
Thank you so much Ace!..and you are most welcome anytime. There are more pics to come soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforged View Post
If I could shake with excitement reading your post, I can only imagine what you must be feeling!!! Congrats to you and your bro...
Now you know how difficult it was to keep my hand steady to take those pics Soulforged.

Thank you for the wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
Congrats Manuuj, truly a dream come true. Wishing you and your brother many loooong and safe miles on the beauty. I had one question though, sorry if you have already answered it, the thread is running so long that i need to watch out for people in office noticing me spending more time on tbhp than work .

How is the build quality of Bentley compared to RR? I have seen a RR in flesh and it can give a battle tank a run for its money in strength
Thanks for the warm wishes and kind words. To your Q about the RR and Bentley build quality i can safely say that both are beyond compare.
Since RR was taken over by BMW its parts have been shared with the likes of the 7 series in some areas and the interiors have taken a..i must stress this..marginal hit.

A Bentley joins the family-dsc01369.jpg

The RR interiors seemed to lack that hand made quality of the olde leather cases and trunks that the aristocracy of the past traveled with on those luxurious steam liners on their journeys across the Atlantic.

The Bentley with its Hand turned Stainless steel switches and hand stitched cross stitching on the seats among others managed to pip the RR to the post in the Interiors department.

A Bentley joins the family-img_0861.jpg

Needless to say though..both cars are Sublime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Congratulations Manuuj..!!
My throat just came up with an involuntary croak when I saw the first set of pics.
That is one hell of a palatial Ride you got there..!!
Best of Luck with it!
Hahaha! Thank you arrowaby! Atleast there was some sonorousness from your end.

My reaction was one of complete silence on the outside and of church bells chiming away in gay abandon on the inside!

Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong,
Dong Dong-Ding Dong,
Dong Dong Dong!!...

Thanks again for the wishes!

Last edited by Manuuj : 1st October 2011 at 17:36.
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:29   #182
BHPian

Admittedly, a beautiful car by Bentley. Priveleged are those few people who get to own such vehicles, it must be without doubt a divine experience driving one of these. Youre clearly are one of those rare priveleged ones. Congrats.

On a circumspect note, one would dissuade you not to take 'your precious' on via NH-1 on route to Punjab, a portion of that highway beggining from Panipat Toll uptill Ambala is going through a renovation, with every junction per half a kilometer, innumerable diversions, and uneven surface especially around those junctions , all in unison are insidiously waiting for any un-scrupulosity from drivers and there being trapped in some accident. Notwithstanding, other factors like the unruly manner people drive thier cars on that highway. The day that major renovation work will be completed, from the very next day one would be willing to call it as a 'speed demons' paradise!!
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:24   #183
BHPian

Re: A Bentley Continental GT joins the Family

Manuuj, I am pleased to read this thread every time. Keep it going, your passion makes my day, everyday!!

By the way, I was wondering now that you did mention the mileage of your new ride, why not try and test it for its thirst?? I mean to say, like the usual everyday cars are put to strict driving manners to stretch the mileage as much as possible, why not do the opposite with your Bentley? See how much can it drink at once?? Should be fun, I suppose ! :P

I was also wondering, why did you not consider the Maserati Quattroporte?? It may not be british, or have a racing history, but it covers up for them with the strong italian flavor and exclusivity ( I guess so ). The only very strong reason not to buy it against the Bentley, that I can think of, is that it may not be that well engineered or designed ( the interior, more specifically ) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
This Supersports is Now in Mumbai!! Sold!!
I guess not. I saw it on both saturday and sunday! It was right there in the showroom. Infact, someone took a test drive in it ( will post some pics of the same on another thread("supercars and exotics seen in delhi") soon. )
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:58   #184
BHPian

This easily is one of the best threads I've ever read - on this site, on others, on cars or on anything else. While living out just about every petrolhead's dream, you've also made us feel as if we were with you, walking into the showroom or sitting around your dining table taking a final call. Thank you, I always wanted to know what it would be like to buy a Bent and now I do! Wish you and your family many, many miles of happy (and safe) motoring.

That said, I wish the Brooklands had ended up in your garage but then I'm just a fool for anything old school
Old 3rd October 2011, 18:15   #185
BHPian

@Manuuj: Congratulations.

Wonderful thread , great write. It has a mesmerizing effect and the CAR ...a real stunner.

Drive safe and enjoy revving.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:20   #186
BHPian

What a brilliant thread!! I am kicking myself for not logging in regularly.
Manuuj, what an amazing write up. Made me feel like you were letting me know the whole deal over the phone!! Felt absolutely entranced from page 1 till the end!!
I too was so sure you would go with the Brooklands but damn those niggles!! Your narration was so good and effective that I actually let out a huge sigh!! but seriously the Brooklands - What a car!!!
Absolutely drool worthy, both the car and the write up. Definitely made my afternoon.
Hope you and your family enjoy the car. Happy driving and get your body prepared for an adrenaline overload!!
Old 4th October 2011, 14:37   #187
BHPian

Hi Manuuj, an excellent thread about an excellent choice from an excellent brand & finally sheer excellence itself in the form of the GT. Always wonder people chose to buy the Bentley more than the RR & the pictures are evidence of the same. Will eagerly await your ownership report, not that many of us have the background experience to comment on them but, will just be exciting to see what's it like to own a super car ! Cheers
Old 4th October 2011, 16:26   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritedhawan View Post
Admittedly, a beautiful car by Bentley.
On a circumspect note, one would dissuade you not to take 'your precious' on via NH-1 on route to Punjab, a portion of that highway beggining from Panipat Toll uptill Ambala is going through a renovation, .. very next day one would be willing to call it as a 'speed demons' paradise!!
Thanks for the wishes ritedhawan. The route that you have mentioned is a regular route of ours since childhood and we end up on it atleast once a month. It is true that after Panipat it is a real headache to be on this stretch till Rajpura toll almost.

From there we turn of towards Banur-Kharar-Rupnagar road which is in a much better state.

Its true that once this main expressway is completed it will be a real drivers delight..but look out for the speed traps! The police in Haryana has already become very vigilant and strict on this route now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
Manuuj, I am pleased to read this thread every time. Keep it going, your passion makes my day, everyday!!

By the way, I was wondering now that you did mention the mileage of your new ride, why not try and test it for its thirst?? Should be fun, I suppose ! :P

I was also wondering, why did you not consider the Maserati Quattroporte?? It may not be british, or have a racing history..
Thanks for the warm words and encouragement Parishrut!

The worst we have seen so far is 2 kmpl after prolonged test driving.
A Bentley joins the family-img_0907.jpg

I suppose we will get the worst figures on those billiard table smooth and near deserted Rajasthan highways where we will attempt to croos the 300 kmph mark in a Car for the first time in our lives.

As far as the Maserati Granturismo goes which will be the correct two door equivalent to the Bentley GT i leave it to you to decide which one you would get..

The Maserati Granturismo
Engine Capacity: 4.2 Liter V8
Maximum power output: 405 bhp
Maximum torque: 460 Nm (47 kgm)
A Bentley joins the family-ext1309522801maseratigranturismo6.jpg

The Bentley GT
Engine Capacity: 6.0 Liter W12
Max. Power: 567 bhp
Max.Torque : 700 Nm
A Bentley joins the family-new_gt_4a_7.jpg

It was a pretty straightforward decision. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
This easily is one of the best threads I've ever read - on this site, on others, on cars or on anything else. While living out just about every petrolhead's dream, you've also made us feel as if we were with you, walking into the showroom or sitting around your dining table taking a final call. Thank you, I always wanted to know what it would be like to buy a Bent and now I do! Wish you and your family many, many miles of happy (and safe) motoring.
That said, I wish the Brooklands had ended up in your garage but then I'm just a fool for anything old school
Thanks for the wishes and your kind words G_AmbyMad. By the way seeing your name in this thread i must tell you we have a very well maintained Ambassador Retro which came with the fancy circular dial and bug type head lights.
A Bentley joins the family-amby-retro.jpg

I am very pleased to note that the very reason i wrote this thread which was to give my fellow bhpians an inclusive experience of all that i felt in those heady days has been achieved.

The Brooklands was the favorite all along as i said ..just did not stand up to its wonderful reputation due to those minor but ultimately crucial niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSD View Post
@Manuuj: Congratulations.

Wonderful thread , great write. It has a mesmerizing effect and the CAR ...a real stunner.Drive safe and enjoy revving.
Thanks for the wishes SwiftSD..i hope to keep this thread regularly updated with pics and writeups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick! View Post
What a brilliant thread!! I am kicking myself for not logging in regularly.
Manuuj, what an amazing write up. .... Definitely made my afternoon.
Hope you and your family enjoy the car. Happy driving and get your body prepared for an adrenaline overload!!
Thanks for the lovely words and wishes Slick! Ahhh!! The Brooklands..the Brooklands....Que Sera Sera!
A Bentley joins the family-img_0876re.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90BHP View Post
Hi Manuuj, an excellent thread about an excellent choice from an excellent brand & finally sheer excellence itself in the form of the GT. Always wonder people chose to buy the Bentley more than the RR & the pictures are evidence of the same. Will eagerly await your ownership report, not that many of us have the background experience to comment on them but, will just be exciting to see what's it like to own a super car ! Cheers
Thank you for the wishes 90BHP! That sure is a lot of excellents!! hahaha!
I shall try to keep this thread filled with regular updates and pics of the GT.

Last edited by Manuuj : 4th October 2011 at 16:31.
Old 5th October 2011, 01:48   #189
BHPian

I can't believe what am i looking at....Bentley GT then the Brooks then the mighty Sports. Awesome pics mate. Thanks for sharing. I wish my surname was something close to Ambanis. !!!!
Old 5th October 2011, 10:36   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Thanks you for the wishes buddy! You are correct when you say that the Brooklands was my first choice.
Just a minor correction..The first interior Picture is not of the Bentley Brooklands but a Rolls Royce.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:48   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I cant wait to go to Punjab and get familiar with the car in real earnest!
@Manuuj - Have you reached Punjab? I guess family members might be binding you in chains so that you do not run away to Punjab at the slightest excuse to drive the GT.

Any further reports on the drive on real country roads?
Old 5th October 2011, 12:18   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Just a minor correction..The first interior Picture is not of the Bentley Brooklands but a Rolls Royce.
If this is the pic you are referring to then yes..this pic is of the RR Coupe's interiors.
A Bentley joins the family-dsc01369.jpg
I had posted both pics, one of the RR and one of the Bentley GT to illustrate the differences in visual appeal.

I think you misunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Manuuj - Have you reached Punjab?

Any further reports on the drive on real country roads?
Shall be going to Punjab in the end of October Sir. A road trip is being planned around then only to Rajasthan

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 14:23. Reason: Sorry, we cannot allow any posts on speeding on public roads
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 12:33   #193
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the warm words and encouragement Parishrut!

The worst we have seen so far is 2 kmpl after prolonged test driving.
Attachment 821178

I suppose we will get the worst figures on those billiard table smooth and near deserted Rajasthan highways where we will attempt to croos the 300 kmph mark in a Car for the first time in our lives.

As far as the Maserati Granturismo goes which will be the correct two door equivalent to the Bentley GT i leave it to you to decide which one you would get..

The Maserati Granturismo
Engine Capacity: 4.2 Liter V8
Maximum power output: 405 bhp
Maximum torque: 460 Nm (47 kgm)
Attachment 821179

The Bentley GT
Engine Capacity: 6.0 Liter W12
Max. Power: 567 bhp
Max.Torque : 700 Nm
Attachment 821180

It was a pretty straightforward decision. ;-)
Oh. Mayb I missed somewhere that you were looking for a 2 door coupe. Well then, yes, pretty straightforward decision between the 2. Post the mileage figure when u break the 300kmph barrier ( would be in decimals, probably ). And drive safe, we love ur posts sir .
Old 5th October 2011, 12:36   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had posted both pics, one of the RR and one of the Bentley GT to illustrate the differences in visual appeal.

I think you misunderstood.
Sorry my bad.

When you go to say visual appeal Manuuj, what does it come down to for Customised cars?. The Rolls Fixed head coupe and the Bentley GT are very different..If you would compare the Brooklands to the RR coupe it would make a little more sense as both are from the same segment. The Gt is a more sportier liniage. As i mentioned customised cars, it boils down to what the owner wants and can dream off with offcource haveing the finance to back his wants. In the compario you have put..I would go Rolls way as i like it suttle..

Opps sorry forgot to congratulate you for the GT in the family. Word of advice check service history and when and if the Airmatic suspension has been checked or replaced..they tend to give way and are an expensive replacement.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:51   #195
BHPian

Great thread! Thanks for sharing... By the way, this could be a stupid question :-) - Does this monster not require a running in? For such a costly car, the engine may have been run in by the company itself, but curious about the other parts - tyre, brakes, suspension, etc.

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 14:24. Reason: Quoted post has been edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks