Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2012, 17:30   #16
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Front is much like a toned down R8 while the back is surely going to suggest Tarzan(Typical DC design), the Wundercar.

I like that DC hasn't tried to reinvent the wheel, it uses an established engine from Ford & I do hope that they make & sell these for the sportscar buyer on a budget.
Old 7th January 2012, 17:40   #17
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
There's no doubting DC's ability as a businessman and a marketer.

Every so often he comes along with some news that the press goes ga-ga about. Whether its a 1-crore ambassador (Ambierod - shown 2 years ago at auto expo), or a 1-crore Nano, or other big plans. Eventually though, they fizzle away and never get mentioned again (thankfully so, in the previous two cases).

R E S P E C T -- if this actually makes it through to production at even +/- 20% of the shown price, specs and design.
I fully endorse Rehan's views. I have never been fond of DC's designs but must appreciate his persistence in trying to make some car or the other. At best he is a good coach builder but certainly not a designer and / or a car maker.

I wish good luck to DC and his would-be customer's of this 'super car'
Old 7th January 2012, 17:54   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to see a DC's custom built car for the masses. It looks gorgeous for the price and reasonably loaded too. Bigger question is - will it ever make it to showroom as promised?
Old 7th January 2012, 19:12   #19
BHPian

I am loving this car ! What an effort for just Rs 25 lakhs !!

Sincerely hope this car sells well in the Indian market.
Old 7th January 2012, 19:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

I finally got to see its rear end and it is shockingly poor. DC always had this ting for rear overhangs in all his 'sports car' concepts and this is unfortunately the same.

That unnecessary mass at the back will play havoc with the cars handling. Then I seriously doubt that vehicle dynamics has played any role in DC's design!!
Old 7th January 2012, 20:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

All those years of plonking in over sized tyres and rims along with odd shaped bumpers to every car from an Ambasador to a Mercedes and making them prohibitively more hideous has cemented DC's place at every Auto Expo. Sigh , what can I say.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 20:12   #22
BHPian

Supercar looks for MINI money! If quality levels are decent I think they'll easily be able to sell the 300 unit yearly production run. I just hope it is of decent quality, well powered and reliable, so it doesnt meet the same fate of the San Storm.
Old 7th January 2012, 22:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

A Nano among super cars!

Fully agree with Rehaan's post (#3) in this thread. However, as someone has mentioned, the car is apparently not designed with the driving dynamics in consideration. No one has seen any test mules actually being road-tested so far.

Chances are it could end up as a supercar-pretender.
Old 7th January 2012, 22:25   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

What level of crash testing & other safety feature assessment does DC perform?
Old 7th January 2012, 23:14   #25
BHPian

wow! this may be the first time when i am actually liking a design by DC. the paint and finish looks top notch. however, it still is to be seen what is under the hood; engine, equipment list, safety features are yet unknown.
Old 8th January 2012, 00:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
What level of crash testing & other safety feature assessment does DC perform?
I don't know what crash testing will be done but I do know the car will have to go for certification under the ARAI and will have ABS and Airbags developed by Bosch as stated in the press release.

I know the price is good for what it offers but does anyone think DC is being a bit ambitous trying to sell 300 of these in the first year?

Last edited by khanak : 8th January 2012 at 00:48.
Old 8th January 2012, 11:58   #27
BHPian

cant believe dc can be designing for aston martin and still show a car like this. no offence , but this car reminds me of quite a few super cars all mixed up and served in quite a exceptionally horrendous looking thing contraption with four wheels attached...
khalil_khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 14:26   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalil_khan View Post
cant believe dc can be designing for aston martin and still show a car like this.
He did not design for Aston Martin, he fabricated their show car (ie the design was done, and sent to him - he had to build it).

cya
R
Old 8th January 2012, 14:56   #29
Senior - BHPian

Finally a somewhat palatable design from DC, despite the obvious Lancia Stratos-inspired front and greenhouse. Completely messed up the rear 3/4, but yes it is probably the only one of DCs creations so far that can be labelled 'bearable'.
Old 8th January 2012, 15:19   #30
BHPian

good attempt by dc,hope the built quality is good as it looks to.could any one please post pics of the other vehicles at the dc stall?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks