Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 19:28   #46
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

The very first look ,oh...its a Audi R8,the lines : oh a its a Lambo,the color & headlamps: oh its Ferrari 458 Italia,the back:Oh my its a Bugatti,the taillamps:ah its the Mercedes CLS,the Roof:Oh yeah,its the Nissan GTR,the upholstery:hmmm... is it a modified Mercedes S interiors? The Power:Oh god,its pumped a Pete's Motor,The Exhaust Notes:It has to be none other Fiat Padmini.
Conclusion:The design is only Approved by Mr.DC & designed by in house designers with Mr.Dc's Inputs.:
Old 25th October 2012, 21:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Sorry for digging a very old thread.
Is DC really capable of making any super cars? Do they have the capability? Apart from this do they have any service centres to do any accident repairs?
The Olivea luxury coaches developed by DC on Volvo Multi axle platform is showing the capability of DC. They are just few years old and show their age beyond the actual age.
No wonder they make show stopping cars. But would prefer they be in showrooms rather than in road, if DC's capability is what Olivea.
Old 28th December 2012, 22:36   #48
BHPian

Looks like the concept is finally coming into a reality.
Motorbash found it testing on the roads in Pune http://motorbash.com/mb-xclusive-dc-...an-sports-car/

Here's a review by Zigwheels
http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-drive/15253/1
Old 29th December 2012, 13:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

I dont find one thing extra or additional in the Zigwheels review which is different (or more) than the opening post of this thread.
dipen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2012, 18:09   #50
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
I dont find one thing extra or additional in the Zigwheels review which is different (or more) than the opening post of this thread.
Typically useless review. The 2nd page image looks photoshopped, and there's not a single shot of the interiors.

Not a word on the inside, nor what it's like to drive. Steering? Power delivery? Brakes? Visibility? Anything at all?

More like a "first look" rather than a "first drive". Have to say it again = Useless.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 13:47   #51
BHPian

It looks like a paid article and seems to be written by a newbie rather than a seasoned journo.
Also they never mention the obvious "inspirations" and there is nothing they didn't like.

What I like best though is that our team had this info nearly a year before they did and have better pics too
Old 31st December 2012, 14:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

DC Avanti : First Drive by Zigwheels

The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-dcavantifirstdrive7_560x420.jpg

DC Avanti (the Indian Super car from DC Studio) has been reviewed by Zigwheels. Here is the link to their test drive report:

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...t-drive/15253/

Mods, since this review is not conducted by TBHP or member, I have created the thread here. You may please do the needful.
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 14:46   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: DC Avanti : First Drive by Zigwheels

Crap. Where is the first drive??? Looks like a paid article with descriptions about how the vehicle will behave and how we can imagine the engine to be. The guys have not even started the engine it seems
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 14:54   #54
BHPian

Oh, I guess they just needed something to cover and so, have a lot of snaps for us .

Do we have our very own Team-BHP official review coming up very soon? We guys are used to the fine detailing/ dissection which the official reviews contain and so, will not settle for less .

Last edited by MetalBuff : 31st December 2012 at 15:10.
Old 31st December 2012, 15:10   #55
BHPian

Useless review on that site there !! What sort of value did they really wish to add to what was already know to a lot of people is beyond my understanding.

Most of the points covered there were a known thing to most of petrol-heads since a lot of time now. This simply looks like a paid preview of the Avanti from its manufacturers
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 16:17   #56
Senior - BHPian

I was reading other day an article on chinese designers and how cheaply they imitate popular western models(sometimes even jap models)

DC here has given good amount of unique touch i feel. and if i am not wrong, article mentioned price of 30 lakhs, now that is really cheap for a super car (Question is, is this a super car or just a regular car wearing super hero costume)
Old 31st December 2012, 16:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

It is not a supercar by any standards - 2L 4-Cylinder turbocharged engine generating 240bhp & 366Nm (@3500 RPM) torque.

I would rate it as an entry level hot hatch by international standards... sheep in wolf's disguise . I wish they could have done more on the engine specs to demand Rs.30 Lacs.
Old 31st December 2012, 16:45   #58
BHPian

The Avanti looks decent up front but I really hate the back. At the end of the day it unfortunately still looks more like a modified car than a bespoke sports car. One of the most important things required for a new entrant in the sports car world is really dashing looks and genuinely good driving characteristics which I think both will not be world class, even though it might be pretty acceptable.

I think people in India will look at it like a 'Poor Persons Sports Car' and most probably reject it, just like they did the Nano which despite being a very practical package did not sell due to its image. An individual who car afford a 30 lakh "toy" will rather put a few lakhs more and buy a used Boxter or Evo or Z4 rather than something that looks like a modified 'Tarzan' car! Because at the end of the day, there is some amount of 'Show off' credentials that these buyers will demand as well, even if the Avanti would have pretty solid underpinnings. And a family man who has 30 lakh to put on a luxury car will rather buy a 3, C or A-4.

I might be a bit too pessimistic about it, but I genuinely don't think it will be such a desirable product. Especially with its neither-here-nor-there looks. It should have been prettier.
thumpingheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 22:38   #59
MHG
BHPian

Enough has been commented about the car itself, so I'll refrain from it (apart from using the phrase nicely clothed pony car to describe it just to go on record) But I think Ford, the supplier of this car's engine shall be very curious as to how the Indian market reacts to its availability. If all goes well and they see gold, we might even see the launch of the Mustang here which if brought in under 20 lacs ex-showroom for the base version (which should easily be achievable if they use the CKD route), could help us see American muscle and pony cars enter the Indian market in a big way. There is a growing number of newly rich in India, most of whom are in the 20 to 40 age group and increasingly car-savvy so who knows ?

Last edited by MHG : 31st December 2012 at 22:52. Reason: grammar
Old 31st December 2012, 22:44   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Link has already been posted in the Team-BHP DC Avanti Car Auto Expo 2012 thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-2012-a-4.html

A request to the Mods to do the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks