Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2020, 18:41   #1381
BHPian

Re: Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Anyone has any idea behind the history of this one and how it ended up here?

Can this be an ISUZU TROOPER of 90s with a grill of ACCURA? The badge on front door is not readable, but many indications hint towards this. Rear door, tail lights, headlights , front parking lights n bumpers
Old 1st April 2020, 19:08   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed4rmhyd View Post

Can this be an ISUZU TROOPER of 90s with a grill of ACCURA? The badge on front door is not readable, but many indications hint towards this. Rear door, tail lights, headlights , front parking lights n bumpers
The SLX was a rebadged Isuzu Trooper, the link I attached gives all the info about it.

But these are extremely rare to find in the US itself as only some 10,000 made over 4 years, it was a sales failure until Acura came out with their own MDX SUV in the early 2000s.
sleeperwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 18:23   #1383
A C

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
6 Years back I found a W124 S500 Mint on the outside with a bust suspension and I offered the owner a very fair deal and was pursuing him for the car for more than a year but he refused to budge and the car was left to rot outside his House for a long time until someone picked it for a price that was way lower than my offer and then ultimately it ended up in a despair state.
You mean W124 E500, right? Any idea about its current whereabouts?
Old 8th April 2020, 00:14   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
6 Years back I found a W124 S500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A C View Post
You mean W124 E500, right? Any idea about its current whereabouts?
I doubt if there's a W124 E500 in India. He probably meant the W140 S500.
Old 8th April 2020, 07:24   #1385
A C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I doubt if there's a W124 E500 in India. He probably meant the W140 S500.
You never know, there may be a few hiding somewhere like the 400s!
Old 8th April 2020, 14:21   #1386
Senior - BHPian

This thread now encompasses every single import in India.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 11:11   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Pics: Imports gathering dust in India

Here are two solid collector cars sadly making their way to this thread.
Would be really awesome if some enthusiast finds them and restores them back to their original glory.
Picture Courtesy to their respective owners.

BMW 840ci
One of three 8 Series in the country. Belongs to a giant Steel/Powercom/Telecom Industrialist since new. Sadly now left rotting since many years at a prominent garage in Bombay. Probably awaiting restoration or lost interest.
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1587101935.705810.jpg
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1587101945.453191.jpg

Lotus Turbo
Again one of three in the country. Was imported by a Ferrari Collector here in Calcutta, who kept it for a few years. Later making way to a Fincorp Industrialist here in the city for a few years. Then multiple owners where this car was also flood damaged. I guess rotting somewhere on the streets of Bombay now.
Pics: Imports gathering dust in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1587101956.958321.jpg

Last edited by cityvic : 17th April 2020 at 11:16.
cityvic is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 12:44   #1388
BHPian

@ citycivic the 8 series is located in a garage at Haji Ali, Mumbai, I had seen the car probably in the first half of last year and mentioned about it's sorry state on this thread, the owners wanted to get the car running but I guess it's still being ignored at the garage's new location.

The lotus esprit turbo, which even Jackie Shroff had ( one of three), is in deplorable state, seems like it's still here in Mumbai?
TRANSAM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 14:26   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
One of three 8 Series in the country.
Are you sure about this? I know there are at least 3 in mumbai and some rotting in delhi apart from one in Bangalore and one in Calcutta. Both, the blore and Cal cars were Delhi registered if my memory serves me right.

Cheers!
james is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 15:47   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
@ citycivic the 8 series is located in a garage at Haji Ali, Mumbai, I had seen the car probably in the first half of last year and mentioned about it's sorry state on this thread, the owners wanted to get the car running but I guess it's still being ignored at the garage's new location.

The lotus esprit turbo, which even Jackie Shroff had ( one of three), is in deplorable state, seems like it's still here in Mumbai?
Haha, yes. You got the location right on the 8. Hope it makes it's way back to the roads soon. A very close friend and fellow Bhpian owned one for several years, they run like a dream when kept right. So many lovely memories with that car.

Jackie Shroff's Red Lotus is restored to immaculate condition infact. Belongs to a collector in Bangalore now and shares its garage with several other classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Are you sure about this? I know there are at least 3 in mumbai and some rotting in delhi apart from one in Bangalore and one in Calcutta. Both, the blore and Cal cars were Delhi registered if my memory serves me right.

Cheers!
Yes James, I have done my research and then only stated the above.
Only three cars in India.

1) Ex Bhpian Anish9000's 840ci. Currently Red and in Bangalore. Same car Black originally and use to shuffle residences between Delhi/Mumbai. Anish picked it up, restored it to immaculate condition, painted it Red and then White for a few years until it being sold off finally in Red. Car was in immaculate condition. Changing a hand in Mangalore and finally landing in Bangalore a few years back.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpic...do=view&g=2706

2) Ex Rajiv Shah 840ci. Always been Red and currently in Bombay. AC Shnitzer Kit, Bling rims, etc. Car was MIA for a while, then popped up for sale at a BMW dealer in Pune a few years back. Finally got sold a few months back to Bombay. People would often mistake this car as a 850i. But is a 840ci actually.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...eries-etc.html (Pics : Rajiv Shah and his car collection (Diablo, Viper, Firebird, 8series, etc))

3) Essar 840ci. Always been Black, single owner and currently in Bombay. This is the I posted in the previous post rotting. I think it has been off the roads since over a decade now.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...-8-series.html (BMW 8 series)

Hope this detailed response helps.
cityvic is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 14:55   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Hope this detailed response helps.
It sure does. Thank you for that detailed response. Anish's car changed color so many times that it added to my confusion.

Cheers!
Old 18th April 2020, 15:39   #1392
BHPian

@cityvic thank you for the update, wasn't really aware Jackie Shroffs Lotus is now with a collector, last heard it was in Pune. As long as it's kept well and running and doesn't end up on this particular thread it's great 👍🏻.

In addition to Rajiv shahs car there's been another red 840 around, had seen the car couple of years ago, was in great shape not sure if the car is still in Mumbai..
Old 19th April 2020, 13:52   #1393
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
@cityvic thank you for the update, wasn't really aware Jackie Shroffs Lotus is now with a collector, last heard it was in Pune. As long as it's kept well and running and doesn't end up on this particular thread it's great 👍🏻.
Am not sure if it went to Pune or was Jackie Shroffs car, it was Mumbai Reg though. It was bought by a collector in Mangalore/Chikmagalur who collected cars but never maintained them. He also had Lotus Elite which was imported from Oman and I remember that car in my younger days. Both Lotus's were run down.

The Bangalore collector acquired both (a miracle since the previous owner is a pretty difficult guy - I tried dealing with him!) and has restored both. Last time I saw the Esprit, the interiors were still in tatters but that was 5 years ago.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 01:57   #1394
A C

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 21st April 2020 at 07:32.
A C is offline   Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2020, 00:26   #1395
BHPian

Have seen this car at kollam, in front of a work shop way back in 2004. The wind shields were not cracked back then. I am pretty sure I read "govt of India vehicle" in the front. Not sure what the story of the car is
QuilonSpitfire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed