Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 16:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i call it an unupdated site. going by liv2drvs collection i dont think hell pull a fast one.
I agree, he has always put his money where his mouth is, haven't seen anything to suggest the contrary yet!
Old 5th October 2007, 16:26   #182
Senior - BHPian

Nicely done liv2driv. Hope to see some pictures soon. Bring them on.
Old 5th October 2007, 18:11   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

hmm...interesting, although i am not doubting that the car is his or not but he did mention that he built it on his own part by part over time... so i doubt he bought it used since this one is already modded.

Just to comment on what akshay said about trusting him based on his collection and i don't mean to cause any personal attacks on liv2drv.... but i know several people with awesome collection but still brag 10x more than what they have just because its easy to believe someone who already has big names stocked in his garage.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:37   #184
Senior - BHPian

guys i dont mean to take sides here, but it also could be that liv2drv has bought the car from the site or has another one in the same colour scheme.
lets wait for liv2drv to put his point forward as he himself knows the truth.

sahil i dont think liv2drv is the kind of person who likes to brag unneccisarily. if he has it he talks of it otherwise not.
Old 5th October 2007, 19:47   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
hmm...interesting, although i am not doubting that the car is his or not but he did mention that he built it on his own part by part over time... so i doubt he bought it used since this one is already modded.

Just to comment on what akshay said about trusting him based on his collection and i don't mean to cause any personal attacks on liv2drv.... but i know several people with awesome collection but still brag 10x more than what they have just because its easy to believe someone who already has big names stocked in his garage.
but this one dosent have any of the performance mods hes done like the exhaust and the remap. if i had a new porsche i wouldnt do a remap etc. so its quite possible he bought it used from here. the pic is also the same. anyway let him come and clear it up.
Old 5th October 2007, 20:57   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

sahil i dont think liv2drv is the kind of person who likes to brag unneccisarily. if he has it he talks of it otherwise not.
Buddy i never accused him of bragging... i was just replying to akshays qoute that you cant really trust people based on their possesion, this statement was in no context to liv2drv personally.

What kind of number plate is that on the car?german?

On a brighter note, the car does look awesome .. good choice on the wheels.
Old 6th October 2007, 00:51   #187
BHPian

hey liv2drive congrats on the ride finally ariving at your doorstep just wanted to know exactly which year the porsche you have came out and which 911 (as in s etc.) was the stock.
Old 6th October 2007, 04:00   #188
BHPian

hey guys...
i see aniguchisan decided to show you the P & S motors website. He asked some time back if i knew the ppl at P & S when he had seen our red 355 there to be sold. I clearly remember telling him i did, and very WELL. So why would you now post something as personal as that on this?? Most of our cars come from P & S.
Anyway, i did buy the car used. In fact a lot of my cars are used... i see nothing wrong with it and i miss taking the big $ hit.

As for this car... I bought it used and started doing it up. Then my dealer in Delhi told me i'm crazy and its not worth it as i can get a newer one in Delhi around the same price after duty is paid. so between all this confusion at one point i decided to sell it. But after thinking about it... i realised i didn't really care if it was a 997 or a 996. So i got it back and continued doing it up. In fact i just spoke to a bhp memeber yesterday about duties.
The car looks very different to those pics now... that is why i didn't post those pics as i have them on my comp.
As for the P & S website... its very late. The orange lambo was sold about a mnth ago. the black 997 with back rims went about 2 mnths ago. the 996 turbo (i have those rims now :-)) is gone... and i'd have to go through the website to see what else.
P.s. aniguchisan... I am very very close to Aman (owner).
Old 6th October 2007, 04:11   #189
BHPian

Also, i haven't got the car in my hands yet (In India). I'm still waiting and in fact i myself am in London right now.

Last edited by liv2drv : 6th October 2007 at 04:13.
Old 6th October 2007, 18:59   #190
Senior - BHPian

My point was simply to project some other pics of the car, and to show others what it may possibly look like. Never once did I mention the showroom name/location etc, to respect your privacy. I know of the outdated nature of the website, I've even made contributions to it myself a long time back. As for being close to the owners and family of the showroom, you aren't the only one. We happen to be neighbours and close acquaintences. My only point of doubt was how you mentioned you had kept it for a year and a half. I know the site's got it's issues, but that car was only uploaded a few months back. Hence the point of doubt, which you have now cleared up anyway.

As for it being 'so personal', I don't see how it is? Neither will the British numberplate be applicable in India, nor is the price too low. The rest are just the car's specifications and pictures. There is nothing wrong with buying used cars, especially out-of-production classics like this 996. Plus, wouldn't it be good to have a little bit of a before and after? People will only respect you for a classier upgrade, don't you reckon? I just lost a bit of it when I was kept waiting one summer back
Old 6th October 2007, 19:00   #191
BHPian

Hi, aniguchisan you might want to check the website today!
or anyone could... it was on psmotors.com under used cars. not there today!
Old 6th October 2007, 19:03   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
Hi, aniguchisan you might want to check the website today!
or anyone could... it was on psmotors.com under used cars. not there today!
Excellent, hope the Lambo owner isn't falling into similar predicaments! Can't blame me for feeling a little taken aback, having seen the Porsche on the website only a week back, and then reading about how it has been yours for over a year. Non-updated websites, ftw.
Old 10th October 2007, 17:42   #193
BHPian

hi.

is this ur car?
found on exoticspotter.

Old 10th October 2007, 22:35   #194
BHPian

I dont think thats live2drive's car, the pic he posted seemed to be an older model then again i may be wrong
Old 11th October 2007, 00:24   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
is this ur car?
found on exoticspotter.

Can't be his car. The pic you've given is of a 996 Cabriolet with a removable hard top attached. The one I posted is a coupe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks