Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 14:00   #436
BHPian

The prado's aree diesel.And amazing wheels on the 7 series.Heard that a 21" shod Beemer is in town and voila TBHP already has its snap.
Old 17th October 2007, 12:38   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Hey Guys,

I havnt posted images in ages thanks to Imageshack acting up. Anyway today I have something very very interesting for all the kerela boys to spot. So I had posted earlier that a close friend was bidding on KL7 ** 1 for his new car, and withdraw for the supposed Phantom. Anyway his new car arrived today. Actually he couldnt wait for it to reach from Bangalore so we took a train to Calicut last night (as the Navnit driver was too tired and wanted to rest) and drove it down Calicut-Kochi. 6 am I drove the car till about Chavakad.And then on my friend drove. It handled fantastically for the size and felt nippy and small. I thought it would drive like a barge. Anyway he wanted to do some external mods on the car, but I said all it needs is the right set of rims. I suggested these and we got them directly from AGMC BMW in Dubai. Hope you guys agree with my choice. Enjoy

730Ld with 21 inch 5 Spoke OE Borbets on 255/35(front) and 285/30(rear) P Zero Neros.

Is this the same KL-7***1 730Ld....where is the car now?....

The wheels & the design is fantastic...but ultra low profile tyre will give ur fren a difficult time, especially in the present road condition of Kerala...
Old 17th October 2007, 12:39   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I havnt posted images in ages thanks to Imageshack acting up. Anyway today I have something very very interesting for all the kerela boys to spot. So I had posted earlier that a close friend was bidding on KL7 ** 1 for his new car, and withdraw for the supposed Phantom. Anyway his new car arrived today. Actually he couldnt wait for it to reach from Bangalore so we took a train to Calicut last night (as the Navnit driver was too tired and wanted to rest) and drove it down Calicut-Kochi. 6 am I drove the car till about Chavakad.And then on my friend drove. It handled fantastically for the size and felt nippy and small. I thought it would drive like a barge. Anyway he wanted to do some external mods on the car, but I said all it needs is the right set of rims. I suggested these and we got them directly from AGMC BMW in Dubai. Hope you guys agree with my choice. Enjoy

730Ld with 21 inch 5 Spoke OE Borbets on 255/35(front) and 285/30(rear) P Zero Neros.

Is this the same KL-7***1 730Ld

Ur choice of wheels is fantastic...I love 5-spoke wheels...but Ur fren will have a hard time with those ultra low-profile set of wheels..especially in the present day road condition...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post

Joe...is it the same 320d at Chavakkad....

Last edited by hanmust : 17th October 2007 at 12:43.
Old 17th October 2007, 12:48   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
I dunno why but the range rover diesels are a bit too small i terms of cubic capacity compared to the overall size of the car..but petrols are an exception..
The only engine was the BMW 3.0for the RR and the Peugeot /ford 2.7tdci ngine for the sport.

They both now have a v8 4 ltr diesel and the order book for that is full
Old 17th October 2007, 17:54   #440
alF
BHPian

i heard that the kl7-1 numplate is booked for the new range rover which he is gonna bring down to cochin. the Beamer pic posted above was already in his garage since 5 months back i guess. please correct me if iam wrong.
Old 17th October 2007, 18:18   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Joe...is it the same 320d at Chavakkad....
Need to confirm that, not very sure.
Old 18th October 2007, 11:59   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Is this the same KL-7***1 730Ld

Ur choice of wheels is fantastic...I love 5-spoke wheels...but Ur fren will have a hard time with those ultra low-profile set of wheels..especially in the present day road condition...
He wanted to do sporty and I think 5-spoke defines sporty. Its not like the ride is bad or anything with the new wheels. You just want to drive more carefully cause you love the wheels and dont want to harm them. You hit a pothole too hard and you'll hear a "DONGGG". Anyway the roads are getting a big better. He's hardly here so only takes it out once in a while. But I dont think any car attracts as much attention as this 7 in Kochi. And I dont know what the new registration number for the car is going to be as he withdrew from BG 1.
Old 18th October 2007, 12:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The only engine was the BMW 3.0for the RR and the Peugeot /ford 2.7tdci ngine for the sport.

They both now have a v8 4 ltr diesel and the order book for that is full
I think the V8 is a 3.6ltr. Thats the RR I drove. Its a huge improvement on the BMW 3.0.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:18   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Spotted yesterday noon, near Edappally(Cochin). Was going towards Trissur. It didn't seem too big. I'm seeing this for the first time, so i could be wrong!

Didn't check the Reg No: properly, saw it only in a flash . It was something like 666 or 6666. The spare wheel was mounted on the tailgate!

Last edited by arif_t01 : 23rd October 2007 at 19:26.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:29   #445
BHPian

Quote:
He's hardly here so only takes it out once in a while. But I dont think any car attracts as much attention as this 7 in Kochi. And I dont know what the new registration number for the car is going to be as he withdrew from BG 1.
His earlier Landcruiser also had HUGE wheels,I guess 22".
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:35   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Spotted yesterday noon, near Edappally(Cochin). Was going towards Trissur. It didn't seem too big. I'm seeing this for the first time, so i could be wrong!

Didn't check the Reg No: properly, saw it only in a flash . It was something like 666 or 6666. The spare wheel was mounted on the tailgate!

Tuo it has 66660 in Dubai regn plae...I've driven it & got more fotos of it...will post it later...its not really huge...but look soo....
Old 29th October 2007, 11:57   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
His earlier Landcruiser also had HUGE wheels,I guess 22".
He just bought back the LC and it should be in Kochi now. Should be a fun garage what with the 7 and LC L-Package on 21"s and 22"s
Old 4th November 2007, 20:05   #448
Senior - BHPian

There is a new black BMW 525/530(?)d in tvm...in golf links to be precise.

Also spotted the VW Polo here... i guess it was for testin or so..
Old 4th November 2007, 22:07   #449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Also spotted the VW Polo here... i guess it was for testin or so..
Some guys in college claimed to have seen VW polo, passat etc doing rounds together.

So... Its not a rumour!
Old 5th November 2007, 21:43   #450
Senior - BHPian

Guess the plan was to test drive the VW cars in different parts of India,so as to get a general feel of the conditons the cars can expect.Remember reading an article on Sify sometime ago,regarding this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks