Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2008, 10:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
I highly doubt this would ever see more than 60kmph..
60kmph ! ... now that figure is really underplaying things here !

It did more than double of that in front of me.

I agree India doesn't have great roads but in metros like Bombay you do get some relief on certain stretchs where you can do a looooot more than 60kmph.... and besides in India top speeds don't really matter unless you go all out on the expressway but the point of buying powerful cars here is the feeling of reaching sane speeds like 100-140km/hr in a flash of few seconds.
Old 30th June 2008, 11:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

is this S-calss has a black coloured-top,because there is one which comes in my studio premises quite often,i think it belongs to director brothers,who are always dressed in white ive seen this car couple of times..cheers
Old 30th June 2008, 11:00   #33
BANNED

neat car stupid price no wonders why. at that price, super import exotics are to be bought. the ones with scissor doors and opening roofs. but then its just my personal choice
Old 30th June 2008, 17:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Oh my GOD, S65 AMG. One of my dream cars & real excotics. If i got that much money I'll defenetly go for this one rather than a Ferrari or a Lambo. I believe it much more practicle as well as enjoyable with its gizmos & safety features. I really appreciate the person for his bold choice .
Old 30th June 2008, 17:40   #35
BHPian

If I am correct then this car has costed the person 3.25 Cr.
Old 30th June 2008, 18:06   #36
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya View Post
3.25 Cr. , nice car though.....
Old 30th June 2008, 18:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
yeah but you dont need to badge it as an S65 or anything, looks is what matters in this case. I highly doubt this would ever see more than 60kmph..

Dont you think 60kmph is a bit less??
You can easliy push 150kmph on certain stretches of the Delhi roads (not highways but normal roads)...
And in an S65, with its massive acceleration you could easliy reach 220kmph, although for a very short duration.
Old 30th June 2008, 20:56   #38
BHPian

S65

Quote:
yeah it would have been 3crores plus on road. i personally think the S65 AMG is an absolute waste of money. what do you guys have to say? personally i think most of the AMG cars are a waste except the SL and the black series which are brilliant! the S65 has a huge gas guzzling engine which gives abt 1km/litre and does not even come in the super luxury segment.ive sat in it and i personally think the flying spur is a much better choice.the S65 has all the same gizmos and luxuries as a normal fully loaded Sclass but with a bigger engine thats all!! oyu would have to be a fool to compare this to any super like ferrari or lambo! this is jus a luxury car that goes fast! thats all!and mostly is a straight line! shouldnt try turning it at very high speeds thinkin its a sports car! its better to buy a fully loaded S and a supercar for that price! anyway the S65 has been an absolute failure with very few being sold compared to the flying spurs!
Old 30th June 2008, 21:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
yeah it would have been 3crores plus on road. i personally think the S65 AMG is an absolute waste of money. what do you guys have to say? personally i think most of the AMG cars are a waste except the SL and the black series which are brilliant! the S65 has a huge gas guzzling engine which gives abt 1km/litre and does not even come in the super luxury segment.ive sat in it and i personally think the flying spur is a much better choice.the S65 has all the same gizmos and luxuries as a normal fully loaded Sclass but with a bigger engine thats all!! oyu would have to be a fool to compare this to any super like ferrari or lambo! this is jus a luxury car that goes fast! thats all!and mostly is a straight line! shouldnt try turning it at very high speeds thinkin its a sports car! its better to buy a fully loaded S and a supercar for that price! anyway the S65 has been an absolute failure with very few being sold compared to the flying spurs!

i agree taht it is a gas guzzler and the interior side is almost like an s500 or a s350 for that matter..

but on the point saying that it is an absolute failure is not true the main reasons is taht these are ultra high end exotic machines which are mostly hand built by MB and AMG and so they are built in limited numbers and secondly MB doesnt have to worry about its sales because there are enough MB enthusiasts and folks in the MIddle east who buy the hi end 65 series AMGs like we buy our NHCs and civics.

hope u get my point.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3.25 Cr. I think RR Phantom would have been a better choice with, I think, 1Cr more.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Dont you think 60kmph is a bit less??
You can easliy push 150kmph on certain stretches of the Delhi roads (not highways but normal roads)...
And in an S65, with its massive acceleration you could easliy reach 220kmph, although for a very short duration.
I didnt mean that it couldnt get to that speed, all i meant was, because it is going to be chauffeur driven, it will never be driven as intended. I am all for having fast cars in india, cuz its BS that you cant push it, but since this is an sedan and that too an S, its highly unlikely a young chap will be behind the wheel save for few times and therefore no pushing of the car..

Quote:
that doesnt make sense a fully loaded Murci LP640 is 3.25cr in india

this car is atleast 70-75% the price in the US and europe meaning it shouldnt be more than 2.25-2.6cr(thats really pushing the estimate)

anyone paying 3.25 is a fool..

Last edited by ajmat : 1st July 2008 at 06:18.
Old 30th June 2008, 23:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
Dude, please check out this video. Not only a super car is ment for high speed or accelaration, but a luxury car can also do it very well.

I never thought its a foolishness to choose a S65 over a super car, because I always felt a luxury sport car is much practical over a sport car.
Old 1st July 2008, 05:55   #43
BHPian

3.25 crs for that.NO WAY.I think a continental flying spur would have been better.And he could have saved 21 and a half crores.Plus i dont think itt costs 3.25 crs.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
3.25 crs for that.NO WAY.I think a continental flying spur would have been better.And he could have saved 21 and a half crores.Plus i dont think itt costs 3.25 crs.

Although I hope that price figure for the merc is just speculation , but if it comes to that, Punter is correct then. Buy the Bentley FS and either pocket the rest or get a base Gallardo or 430.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

An RR Phantom would have been a better option...the only thing is he would have to put in a crore more or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks