Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 03:48   #1291
Senior - BHPian

Do you get a VAT refund when you ship it out?
Old 25th November 2009, 09:58   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
Are you definite about the matte finish? Glossy isn't looking bad at all either.
Oh I totally agree. But the matte texture makes it look a lot more purposeful , clean and stealthy. Look at the bright side. If I don't like the matte finish, I can always remove the wrap and viola, glossy black it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Do you get a VAT refund when you ship it out?
I don't think so. Since the car isn't registered in UK so shouldn't be.My import guy must be knowing that.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:15   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Oh I totally agree. But the matte texture makes it look a lot more purposeful , clean and stealthy. Look at the bright side. If I don't like the matte finish, I can always remove the wrap and viola, glossy black it is.
Ecks, any idea how's the matte black wrap done? Wouldn't it be difficult to remove it and when it is removed, will it not affect the glossy layer inside?
Old 25th November 2009, 10:39   #1294
Senior - BHPian

Karan, When are getting GTR to India. That too matt black one?
Old 25th November 2009, 11:11   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Ecks, any idea how's the matte black wrap done? Wouldn't it be difficult to remove it and when it is removed, will it not affect the glossy layer inside?
It is done by professional installers who have a lot of experience. No it does not affect the paint below , as it is for its protection.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:03   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Ecks, i was wondering if it is better to buy a M3/GTR and modify it to 600-odd BHP or buy a stock R8/Gallardo which are twice as expensive? How much approximately would you have spent on mods?
(This is just to know if a tuned M3 is better value for money or whether it would end up costing the same as a say a Gallardo?)

Last edited by theragingbull : 25th November 2009 at 17:05.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:19   #1297
BHPian

congrats paaji for GTR , can i see them when i come to chandigarh. i already made 5 short trips to manali but no free time
Old 25th November 2009, 17:23   #1298
BHPian

very sweet ride there buddy!! congrats!!
Old 25th November 2009, 17:53   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Ecks, i was wondering if it is better to buy a M3/GTR and modify it to 600-odd BHP or buy a stock R8/Gallardo which are twice as expensive? How much approximately would you have spent on mods?
(This is just to know if a tuned M3 is better value for money or whether it would end up costing the same as a say a Gallardo?)
Good question. I think , and this is my personal opinion from personal experience, that getting a GTR or M3 and then tuning it, will give you a better 'bang for your buck'. My M3 was for 83L when I bought it and till date I have spent about 18 lacs on it(including the upcoming supercharger) and it is much more drivable than the LP640. My intentions for the GTR are the same. Buy it , modify it,drive it.
The R8 is a good competitor for the same purpose, but performance wise there is not much out there for the R8 , apart from the Twin Turbo kits. The more mass market a car is , the more mods it will have. The GTR and the M3 are mass markets cars that are built for performance mods and hence they have mod potentials. But for Indian conditions I would recommend a good, performance - comfort car, daily drivable car that has a good mod potential.
The Gallardo's and Ferrari's make for excellent weekend, once - a -week cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
congrats paaji for GTR , can i see them when i come to chandigarh. i already made 5 short trips to manali but no free time
Sure thing man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
very sweet ride there buddy!! congrats!!
Thanks!
Old 25th November 2009, 19:30   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Here are two pics of my GTR standing in England. Waiting there for its matte black wrap.

EDIT - also placed an order for the ESS Tuning Supercharger stage II kit. Should be here by December end. M3 would make 600 hp with that kit.
@ecks - dont you think your garage is on a slight Black overdose ? The BFS, R8, 750Li(sophisto grey is hardly recogonisable from black in shades). You could have let the Base coat in Glosse Black and as you are getting Vinyl Stick ons, you could have opted for a Different color, Matte Red or something that sorts. I was really happy when i saw you are getting the Arancio LP instead of going for any Orthodox Colors. At the end of the day, I Agree. Color is always Personal Choice. Cant wait to see Detaild pics of the Zilla, Cheers !!
Old 25th November 2009, 20:14   #1301
Team-BHP Support

congratulations karan. the godzilla sure looks hot, it will look like an sr71 after the matte black wrap. also are you planning on changing the rims on your gtr?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.
Please type 'It will' instead of 'itill'.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 25th November 2009 at 20:21.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:22   #1302
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

@Scorcher- Colors are always a personal taste but I feel ecks has a great taste for colors too apart from the taste of great machines. The M3 in white looks hot specially with the black grill and the white corona dials. Orange LP and black R8 have great street presence. Ditto for a black GT-R. Moreover he's getting it in Matte Black, which means it surely will have a awesome presence. Again a black Bentley looks stunning. Moreover in my opinion black looks great(no offence though) and on cars like the R8, Flying Spur and GT-R, black looks wild. Great choice ecks and congratulations for your new ride Have fun and ride safe
Old 25th November 2009, 20:36   #1303
Team-BHP Support

a suggestion to the mods - can you update the first post of this thread with the page/post numbers in which ecks has posted pics of his cars?
Old 25th November 2009, 21:13   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Ecks! So 83+18 ~1crore makes the M3 actually a better 'bang for your buck' than cars like the R8,911 or even a Gallardo!
I really appreciate your choice of cars and the kind of mods you do. I'm just 20 right now, but when i complete my M.S and earn some good money to buy a sports car, you'll be the first one I'll ask for advice. Hope you'll not leave Team-BHP in future
Old 25th November 2009, 21:25   #1305
Senior - BHPian

Karan the new ride looks HOT!!! hearty congrats buddy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks