Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 17:58   #1186
BHPian

Congratulations brother.Its an excellent choice!The GT-Rs in Bangy are insane.You have excellent taste in cars so Im sure you'll mod it extremely well.Cheers!
Old 9th November 2009, 18:29   #1187
BHPian

Guess the thread name should now read "Of Brits, Bavarians, Godzillas & Bulls".
Old 9th November 2009, 19:01   #1188
BHPian

After lot of deliberation, contemplation and competition the GTR has been crowned. "Clap, Clap !"
Seriously ecks, you got superb taste. Congratulations on the new beauty! It has made your choice even difficult to say the least. Every morning you'll wake up and quizzical questions will revolve the entire length and breadth of your brain deciding on which one to take out.

Hit the floor hard. Pedal to the metal as go the old sayings. But stay in touch with reality and drive safe. Congratulations once again ecks!
Old 9th November 2009, 19:57   #1189
BHPian

hey eck , enjoy your new acquisition , you cant go wrong if the fastest indian has opted for the same. do they have launch control on 2010, i heard that was an issue in the old one. does this special addition have ceramic brakes?
cheers
Old 9th November 2009, 20:07   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
hey eck , enjoy your new acquisition , you cant go wrong if the fastest indian has opted for the same. do they have launch control on 2010, i heard that was an issue in the old one. does this special addition have ceramic brakes?
cheers
Hi ML! Yes 2010 has launch control as well but for that one does not have to turn off VDC, but it isn't the same thrill as the 2009 one. And no , none of the GTR's have ceramic brakes.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:12   #1191
Senior - BHPian

I'm astonished. to say the least. Fantastic car. Although I was expecting a bit more extravagance, it would be an understatement to say that it is an amazing car. Can we please have some pics?
Old 9th November 2009, 20:23   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
I'm astonished. to say the least. Fantastic car. Although I was expecting a bit more extravagance, it would be an understatement to say that it is an amazing car. Can we please have some pics?
I actually wanted a car that was (relatively) understated , and the GTR fits the bill.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:31   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Don't know which trim level the bangy GTR's are , but I am getting the Black edition (basically special black paint,darker rims, red trim in the interior and good sound system).

I know a place in Delhi. Expert team of engine builders, project car makers and excellent installers.
Firstly congrats for your choice its an awesome car.

Why dont you get in touch with the company dont know their name who has been tuning most of the GTR's in the country they even did the 2time 1/4 mile winning GTR from Hyderabad and all the GTR's from bangalore
Old 9th November 2009, 21:22   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ML! Yes 2010 has launch control as well but for that one does not have to turn off VDC, but it isn't the same thrill as the 2009 one. And no , none of the GTR's have ceramic brakes.
Hii ecks..Congrats for your newest edition.

I have many times heard about this launch control problem in GTR and the VDC thing.
I want to know what is this VDC and what does it do?
why does the warranty gets void if VDC is turned off?
Old 9th November 2009, 21:29   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Yummmm BLACK GTR , to go shealth . Click plenty of pics and paste them here .Congrats .
Old 9th November 2009, 22:11   #1196
Team-BHP Support

Ecks,

Congratulations! Good choice! You'd love it. A few questions if you don't mind:

- Since you'll be getting the GT-R, you will go bonkers with the modifications I'm sure (New exhaust right from the headers to the down-pipe and de-cat, ECU, Intake and possibly Turbo conversions and that's just the engine) Would this mean that you will stop with the modifications on the M3 and invest only in the GT-R?

- The transmission issues, as you said, have been more or less resolved for the 2010 variant, but would you still be hesitant to use the LC with the VDC turned off (being worried about the past) after Nissan claimed that excessive use of it could lead to issues?

- Is there a running-in period for the car? Do you have to finish a service or two before modifications? (Assuming that warranty would be void anyway once modifications start)

- A couple of pages previously, I had posted a few pictures of a black GT-R on this thread. Would it look anything like that? (My guess was right )

Thanks man! And congratulations again!

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th November 2009 at 13:00. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
Old 9th November 2009, 22:40   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Ecks,

Congratulations! Good choice! You'd love it. A few questions if you don't mind:

- Since you'll be getting the GT-R, you will go bonkers with the modifications I'm sure (New exhaust right from the headers to the down-pipe and de-cat, ECU, Intake and possibly Turbo conversions and that's just the engine) Would this mean that you will stop with the modifications on the M3 and invest only in the GT-R?

- The transmission issues, as you said, have been more or less resolved for the 2010 variant, but would you still be hesitant to use the LC with the VDC turned off (being worried about the past) after Nissan claimed that excessive use of it could lead to issues?

- Is there a running-in period for the car? Do you have to finish a service or two before modifications? (Assuming that warranty would be void anyway once modifications start)

- A couple of pages previously, I had posted a few pictures of a black GT-R on this thread. Would it look anything like that? (My guess was right )

Thanks man! And congratulations again!
1 - No , nothing like that. Modification is an art and I like my cars to be unique. So as and when new products are available for the M3, which I think would enhance the uniqueness of the car, then I will get them. But as of now, it seems to be more or less a complete project.

2 - I am actually not a big fan of the LC in any of my cars. I just tried that once in my M3 and once in the LP. Don't feel like using it as there is no need. So not worried about that at all.

3 - There is a running in period for the GTR. I have yet to read on that. Modifications will start in Jan(exams in dec). So by then the running in should be complete.

4 - Yes it would look something like that. But one of the first visual mods will be a matte black wrap. Now that speaks exclusivity and uniqueness. Wonder why the other owners didn't come up with the idea.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:18   #1198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And no , none of the GTR's have ceramic brakes.
Erm, don't the SpecV GT-Rs come with NCCBs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
New exhaust right from the headers to the down-pipe and de-cat, ECU, Intake and possibly Turbo conversions and that's just the engine
They come with exquisite exhaust manifolds that the aftermarket, so far atleast, has seen no need to improve upon and replace. And they're already turbocharged!!!

Please don't de-cat. Unless I'm mistaken, you've got high-flow/sports cats on your other cars, which is a really good thing that our kids will probably thank us for. Good call on that.

You may want to consider the BBS LMs for the car. I've seen pics of a couple of cars, and they're quite the shiite. If you do, I think your car will be the first one in India with aftermarket alloys.

Kinetik, you're talking about Race Tech. Very professional guys, and a lot of experience with high-performance cars.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:20   #1199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But one of the first visual mods will be a matte black wrap. Now that speaks exclusivity and uniqueness. Wonder why the other owners didn't come up with the idea.
You mean like the one in the pic i have posted few pages back? Thats a Sweeeet stuff Even i was wondering why other owners didnt try that. IMO thats the best color i have seen on a GT-R.
Old 9th November 2009, 23:44   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Erm, don't the SpecV GT-Rs come with NCCBs?

They come with exquisite exhaust manifolds that the aftermarket, so far atleast, has seen no need to improve upon and replace. And they're already turbocharged!!!

Please don't de-cat. Unless I'm mistaken, you've got high-flow/sports cats on your other cars, which is a really good thing that our kids will probably thank us for. Good call on that.

You may want to consider the BBS LMs for the car. I've seen pics of a couple of cars, and they're quite the shiite. If you do, I think your car will be the first one in India with aftermarket alloys.

Kinetik, you're talking about Race Tech. Very professional guys, and a lot of experience with high-performance cars.
Yes viper, I will mod the car carefully. Since this will be another daily use, albeit supercar, I'll take care not to make it too loud. This car is a marvel straight from the factory, but just a little tweak here and there and we have a superb car on our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
You mean like the one in the pic i have posted few pages back? Thats a Sweeeet stuff Even i was wondering why other owners didnt try that. IMO thats the best color i have seen on a GT-R.
Yes buddy the exact same wrap. That car belongs to a person in singapore who is a member of Nagtroc.com . I have read up on his details and I'll be getting a similar wrap.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 9th November 2009 at 23:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks