Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 11:54   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
he told a few of my friends too it was a csl. i laughed it off. then he told them its supercharged and has hamann exhausts. the only part i believe is the hamann exhausts. this guy has an lhd mustang too?
Yes its a red one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
i think the e46 m3 was the best car made by bmw till date.its just a perfect combination of power and performance.
@evil_e46:love ur car mate!take care of it! is this a '06 production?
Thanks.. My cars '03 man..

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Evil_46 i was expecting your msg if you were stepping out. Would have brought the 635csi with me.
Met him outside Trident at 2 am.. I was leaving when I saw him parked on the other side.. was impromptu.. just went for a small spin till home.. you wouldn't have been able to reach us by then..
Old 30th August 2009, 12:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
this guy has an lhd mustang too?
Yes its a red one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Surprised that a guy who has a fantastic prev gen M3 like you believed this gentleman's hogwash.

Looks wise , the E46 does look dated now.
Speedys right mine is a 325ci with M3 styling.. so it looks exactly like an M3 but the engines different..
I am seriously considering of upgrading to an E92.. even asked kbk if he wants to sell his ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
@evil_e46:love ur car mate!take care of it! is this a '06 production?
Thanks man.. no its a '03 production.. buts its in very good condition..

Quote:
The E46 is a 325ci with the M3 kit and not a M3 Ecksreturns.

I know Akshay, i am laughing too. His father would never let him. He drives the car in the M mode most of the time. So the deep exhaust notes that would convince a novice that it has been changed or modified. He is a member of our forum too. Think his ID is Mustangman not sure. I saw his mustang at the club daybefore.

Evil_46 i was expecting your msg if you were stepping out. Would have brought the 635csi with me.
Which club? Breach candy? .. Speedy, our meet was impromptu.. I left trident at 2am and on my way back I saw his car parked opposite Intercontinental.. We just drove till home.. You wouldn't have been able to reach us by then..
Old 30th August 2009, 12:14   #63
Senior - BHPian

I think the E46 M3 is more conventionally beautiful than the E92 M3. Having said that, it is showing its age now, especially when you see it side by side with the meaner looking E92 M3.
Old 30th August 2009, 15:28   #64

Never heard of a M3 'kit'. what does a M3 'kit' for a 325ci include? I guess the engine is not a Motorsport production. So that leaves some body styling? wheels?
Is the 'kit' official, i.e from BMW? or is it a 3rd party offering?
Old 30th August 2009, 15:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Which club? Breach candy? .. Speedy, our meet was impromptu.. I left trident at 2am and on my way back I saw his car parked opposite Intercontinental.. We just drove till home.. You wouldn't have been able to reach us by then..
Willingdon club evil_e46. I live on Peddar rd so it would have taken me 10mins getting there. Anyways there is always a next time.

There are couple of E92's for sale. Manual as well as Auto's, Hardtops and convertibles.

Kbk have to agree with you on this one. There is a silver E46 M3 convertible that comes to the club and i can go on looking at it for hours. The e92 would probably just get 10 mins of my time.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:26   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Willingdon club evil_e46. I live on Peddar rd so it would have taken me 10mins getting there. Anyways there is always a next time.

There are couple of E92's for sale. Manual as well as Auto's, Hardtops and convertibles.

Kbk have to agree with you on this one. There is a silver E46 M3 convertible that comes to the club and i can go on looking at it for hours. The e92 would probably just get 10 mins of my time.

Speedy. From Marine drive to Malabar Hill takes not more than 4 minutes at 2am especially when you are racing with a fellow E92 owner. We had decided not to hang out and go home directly and so I thought it would be futile to call you and then wait for you to come and then just drive home.

How much do you think a E92 convertible second hand 08 or 07 model come for?
Old 30th August 2009, 17:35   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy. From Marine drive to Malabar Hill takes not more than 4 minutes at 2am especially when you are racing with a fellow E92 owner. We had decided not to hang out and go home directly and so I thought it would be futile to call you and then wait for you to come and then just drive home.

How much do you think a E92 convertible second hand 08 or 07 model come for?
, Thats why i said maybe next time.

The last convertible that i was told off was for 70 odd lakhs. Two manuals hardtops for 60. You could inquire with Navneet motors as i was informed that there was a discount on the demo M3 convertible. Demo car can be seen in the song of a movie with Herman Baweja and Prianka chopra. All cars are low Kms driven.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:09   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

yup that silver one is just hot. always parked opp the golf hut, i have to look at it everytime i see it. whereas i dont even look that much at the c63amg thats parked at the club often.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:58   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yup that silver one is just hot. always parked opp the golf hut, i have to look at it everytime i see it. whereas i dont even look that much at the c63amg thats parked at the club often.
Exactly the spot is reserved for the Bmw. The C63 i used to see now i am bored of it and just let it be.
Give me a shout the next time your in the club. I am there every evening at the gym.
Old 7th September 2009, 15:21   #70
BHPian

So i was at the famous babulnath-chowpatty signal in my E46 with the top down and music blasting and stuff and a few minutes later i find myself next to another E46 convertible in red. its a 318ci with a black soft top. Looked very plain without any M styling and i particularly didnt like the rims. The rear antenna was broken off too and didnt seem to be in very nice condition. There was a driver driving it and im told its parked in a building next to sankalp at walkeshwar. I had seen a similar e46 with a Gujarat registration at a workshop but this one was MH so i guess the owners got it transfered. Anyone know who it belongs to? Its always helpful knowing a fellow owner especially when its a rare car..

Moderator Note - Please go through the Rules to be strictly followed while posting in this section!. Picture with number plate visible has been deleted. Please repost with blanked out numbers.

Number plates must be blanked out while posting pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Great looking BMWs: 325ci with M sport body kit and a lot more ! :D-05092009.jpg  

Great looking BMWs: 325ci with M sport body kit and a lot more ! :D-05092009001.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 7th September 2009 at 23:49.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:54   #71
BHPian

Apologies to the Moderators. Hope this works

Great looking BMWs: 325ci with M sport body kit and a lot more ! :D-3.jpg

Moderator Note - Thanks evil_e46 but it would be appreciated if you could blank out the complete number, just as you have done for your car. Have done it this time for you.

Last edited by v12 : 10th September 2009 at 11:31.
Old 10th September 2009, 05:52   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xi View Post
Never heard of a M3 'kit'. what does a M3 'kit' for a 325ci include? I guess the engine is not a Motorsport production. So that leaves some body styling? wheels?
This car is a bmw M sport model,which comes with different body compared normal 3 series coupe and there might be a difference in power also, not sure that.
But looks more like a M sport model to me
Old 10th September 2009, 06:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the meantime..lets talk about the difference in looks of the E46 and E92..Which one do you prefer? Which one turns heads more?
E46 definitely.. Don't like the Mangled.. oops..I mean, Bangled look of the E92 or for that matter the 650i convertible. It's a convertible for god sake, why have the bulging "I am on steroids" look for a convertible?

Last edited by spadival : 10th September 2009 at 07:01.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xi View Post
It is an M sport kit fitted to make the 325CI look like a M3. The engine is the stock 325ci engine available on the normal 325i as well so as you mentioned it is not modified in anyway and only has the wheels, steering, and the body styling. Bmw as well as 3rd party offer this kit for the cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
This car is a bmw M sport model,which comes with different body compared normal 3 series coupe and there might be a difference in power also, not sure that.
But looks more like a M sport model to me
You got it all wrong Zibby. The body of all E46's are the same. You take the actual M3 convertible and place it next to the 325ci and 318ci. Mask the badges and have a look for your self. The body kit is removable and consists of sideskirts, front skirts. The engine is a standard production engine provided in all cars of the same model. This car is a stock convertible with the M sport body kit.

The Name of the thread itself is Misleading. It should have read 325ci with M sport body kit and lots more. Its like saying S320 Amg.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
You got it all wrong Zibby. The body of all E46's are the same. You take the actual M3 convertible and place it next to the 325ci and 318ci. Mask the badges and have a look for your self. The body kit is removable and consists of sideskirts, front skirts. The engine is a standard production engine provided in all cars of the same model. This car is a stock convertible with the M sport body kit.

The Name of the thread itself is Misleading. It should have read 325ci with M sport body kit and lots more. Its like saying S320 Amg.
Typing error i was meant to say body kit not body on its own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks