Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 23:23   #46
BHPian

Doctor is very good about Ferrari figures.I think you are Dr. in automobile engineering and mechanical engineering isn't it?
Old 7th March 2006, 23:45   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdul 65 amg
Doctor is very good about Ferrari figures.I think you are Dr. in automobile engineering and mechanical engineering isn't it?
no dude jst a doc in marketing. i know alot about mechanics and engineering just out of sheer interest i go tot he depths of it thats how i know most things.its in the genes too.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:06   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
This Massi is now a very common sighting in South Mumbai. Has a killer presence though.

X

Hey Guys !!

Can someone pls clarify my doubt ?

Massareti and Ferraris are part of FIAT group so arent they being associated with FIAT in India too.
Wat i mean to ask is that these brands are going to oerate independently in India.

It could have boosted FIAT's presence in India.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi doc, i was wondering you mentioned that the F430 F1 is 1.4crs in india, now how much would it be with good option list and is this ex showroom, if so what percent increase am i looking at on top of the optioned out car for on road price? We just ordered the S350 and it was 72L ex showroom and 77L on road so about a 7-8% addition, can i expect the same for the F430?
10%,man. Thats as close as u can get to the correct On-road price for most cars.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:50   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
10%,man. Thats as close as u can get to the correct On-road price for most cars.
no nitrous that aint always true in case of exotic cars like ferrari and rolls royce.these prices that ive quoted are for a 430 coupe stickshift base version without any options.prices depend from dealer to dealer and the country too.youe be shocked that some delaers when they know a certain thing is in short supply and there is a heavy demand for it,then they can charge upto 450% on some personalisation and optional things.!!!!! especially for dedication plate and upper dashboard custom colours etc.even things like custom made bosy exterior shade according to sample given my client.its all a matter of supply and demand though.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
they can charge upto 450% on some personalisation and optional things.
Like someone has to pay 7.5 crores for a 1.5 crore F430 just for "spruced up" interiors??

I'm sorry but i don't think rich dudes are that stupid,duh.
Old 8th March 2006, 11:31   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like someone has to pay 7.5 crores for a 1.5 crore F430 just for "spruced up" interiors??

I'm sorry but i don't think rich dudes are that stupid,duh.
Would that be 450% on the entire car or the "personalized things" only ?

cya
R
Old 8th March 2006, 13:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

He obviously meant the entire car since we were already discussing on it.
Old 8th March 2006, 13:51   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit
Hey Guys !!

Can someone pls clarify my doubt ?

Massareti and Ferraris are part of FIAT group so arent they being associated with FIAT in India too.
Wat i mean to ask is that these brands are going to oerate independently in India.

It could have boosted FIAT's presence in India.
yes but its like volkswagen bentley and skoda are all a part of VW but yet their dealers are all different.
Old 8th March 2006, 13:53   #55
BANNED

Quote:
He obviously meant the entire car since we were already discussing on it.
no personalised things only.and the basic car costs can go up by 150% max. we dont expect stupid buyers to buy our cars and we dont sell to stupid people.hahaha and stupid people wouldnt understand what ferrari is alabout.youl be shocked to know an industrialist from ludhiyana wanted to fit a cng kit in a 360 challenge strad, we refused selling a car to him ever. we do have things like black lists etc. money is not the only criteria at ferrari.and we dont take rich people for granted for being stupid.the prices are accodring to laws of supple and demand for niche products and are based on global markets availability.there is a demand more then supply and we know at what higest price can the cars be sold at.however in india we not yet stated such gimmicks and tactics.

Last edited by mktgheadferrari : 8th March 2006 at 13:56.
Old 8th March 2006, 14:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktgheadferrari
no personalised things only.and the basic car costs can go up by 150% max. we dont expect stupid buyers to buy our cars and we dont sell to stupid people.hahaha and stupid people wouldnt understand what ferrari is alabout..
But what about using stupid people to sell ur cars?

No Offence, but Remember 1100 bhp and quad cams and...... u get the picture!!!!
Old 8th March 2006, 14:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no personalised things only.and the basic car costs can go up by 150% max. we dont expect stupid buyers to buy our cars and we dont sell to stupid people.hahaha and stupid people wouldnt understand what ferrari is alabout.
Well Ferrari might have created the legend and its these stupid people who make it grow and I find it extremely amusing that someone at your level would insult the grassroots so badly. I dont know if you ever heard the stories of the Maharaja's of India who actually used Rolls Royce's as dumpsters.

I was taught that the true essense of marketing lies in selling a Quality product that satisfies a consumer and making sure that the customer comes back with more new customers. Word of mouth is a strong communication method and statements like these can take you down even before you take your first steps.

Humility always begets more than arrogance is what my dad taught me.

Quote:
there is a demand more then supply and we know at what higest price can the cars be sold at.however in india we not yet stated such gimmicks and tactics.
Like I said earlier gimmicks are for a brand that cannot survive on its own.
Old 8th March 2006, 14:57   #58
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is dealt with severely.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rtech : 8th March 2006 at 16:40.
Old 8th March 2006, 15:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
no personalised things only.and the basic car costs can go up by 150% max. we dont expect stupid buyers to buy our cars and we dont sell to stupid people.hahaha and stupid people wouldnt understand what ferrari is alabout.youl be shocked to know an industrialist from ludhiyana wanted to fit a cng kit in a 360 challenge strad, we refused selling a car to him ever. we do have things like black lists etc. money is not the only criteria at ferrari.and we dont take rich people for granted for being stupid.the prices are accodring to laws of supple and demand for niche products and are based on global markets availability.there is a demand more then supply and we know at what higest price can the cars be sold at.however in india we not yet stated such gimmicks and tactics.
I don't know about the percentage of truth in your statement, but if it is true, then Ferrari have already kept the tradition of being an elitist pig alive here in India, that too before the start of its reign. I do understand its a stupid idea to add a CNG to a CS (if your statement is true which I doubt), but if the customer wants it and has paid for it then why the hell not? This is verging on car-cism (take on racism).
If you are infact Head of Marketing, I would advise you to go back to school to learn. Customer satisfaction is priority #1 and I know tons of people who have shifted from BMW, Mercedes, etc, to other brands just because dealer service was horrendous. I 'know' people who wanted to get M's but got Porsches just because BMW service is horrendous (I'm not speaking for Indian people who shifted but off ///M and Porsche forums). Just the badge will assure your minimum sales target, but with better customer satisfaction, you could be booked well over 2010 what with all the rich people in India.
Old 8th March 2006, 16:24   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
But what about using stupid people to sell ur cars?

No Offence, but Remember 1100 bhp and quad cams and...... u get the picture!!!!
yes and by the way that wasnt me..it was a neighbour of mine a close friend who loves to mess around with passwords.and cars aint his religion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks