Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2006, 23:07   #76
BHPian

Sorry to say Doc but you are giving your principal a bad name.
Like nayakn said you shouldn't be discussing such stuff on a public forum. Firstly I doubt Ferrari has such preposterous strategies and if they do (highly unlikely) you are leaking them to the public(bad for a marketing executive)! You stand to even lose your dealership if Ferrari gets to know of this!!!
Be a little more responsible and harness your "prancing" horses

Last edited by Klaus17 : 8th March 2006 at 23:17.
Old 8th March 2006, 23:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess?
I'm aware that I probably will never be able to own a Ferrari,
heh, Guess, the amount of money you spent on your M5 would get you an F360
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferra...17548827QQrdZ1)

and an M5 here in the U.S.
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M...17764186QQrdZ1)

Unfortunately it will never be the same in India, with the 100+% duty charged on imports.

Murasoli Maran is dead and gone, The whole idea of having a duty structure to "save" the indigenous automobile industry from dying is ridiculous.

heh, On a funny, non serious note, I look at it as communism. Instead of making Maruti bring up its design capabilities, parts sourcing and supply chain practices, and manufacturing technologies, the Govt. decides to impose heavy surcharges and duty on imports to keep the consumer from looking for better options and forcing him to stay with the indigenous brand.

In the 1960s and 70s, the U.S. opened its doors to Japanese and European imports. The quality (engineering, design, etc.) offered by these imports made it only logical to prefer those over local American makes like GM, Chevy, Ford, Chrysler, Oldsmobile, etc. which were infamous for their build quality, life, and in some cases performance too.

Fear of Americans choosing foreign brands over local did not deter the Govt. from imposing duties and taking away a level playing field from these foreign companies. Doing that forced the American brands to look at their processes and innovate to fight the competition to survive.
Imports still have an edge over American cars in some segments, but the fight is getting closer by the day.
Fear of failure or having to shut shop is the strongest catalyst for innovation.

If that hadn't been the case my Jeep Grand Cherokee wouldn't feel and drive the way it does and I probably would be driving a Toyota Forerunner or some other non american SUV today.

apologies for posting non relevant material/going off topic.
Old 8th March 2006, 23:46   #78
Senior - BHPian

Being a huge ferrari fan,I'm really ashamed with what ferrari has done in India and i hope they kick out this "Dr" guy.
Old 9th March 2006, 02:52   #79
BHPian

Guys,
Ferrari has not yet stepped into the Indian Market as yet by the way. National Garage is just a dealor who is selling a few cars. The Company has not yet come into India per say. National Garage is just being the middleman in this.
Old 9th March 2006, 04:16   #80
BHPian

thanks Dr for informations.How many cars are yet sold???
Old 9th March 2006, 14:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Why do these posts continuosly get interesting, I first the claims, then a part of Doc's signature goes, next a huge argument, another part is gone and today the signature is gone altogether. No offense doc just something I saw.

Well I still say Ferrari is a great brand and hope that you are the person who will lead it to greater heights, however the future gen on here may too someday turn out to be your customers.

Well if not anything at least it is great to see that the citizens are so well informed.
Old 9th March 2006, 15:15   #82
BANNED

Doc.. you at it again... or is this someone that's got a hold of your password again??
Old 9th March 2006, 15:41   #83
Senior - BHPian

Well here goes I just got a PM from DR. FARHAD VIJAY ARORA saying that the id is still being misused. Mods, can you please contact hiim and confirm if this is true and ban this ID so that the true FARHAD VIJAY ARORA can create a new ID and continue posting rather than this cat and mouse game that has being going on.

At least that way we are sure whom we are talking to on the Forum, Doc can you please contact Dippy and confirm and close this issue at your end.
Old 9th March 2006, 17:00   #84
Team-BHP Support

We all got that PM psycho. We are checking it out.
Old 10th March 2006, 10:59   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolute rubbish. We just did an IP analysis, and all the logins have been from the same IP address. The PM and posts are from the same very IP address.

Also, It is impossible to hack a password on Team-BHP as our software uses among the best available encryption solutions. Even any member of the Support team cannot view anyones password.

Its just a huge waste of time. Bottomline.
Old 10th March 2006, 12:40   #86
Team-BHP Support

Mods this is getting interestingly sick now. We dont want Ferrari's here. We are satisfied and filled with Quad crap by now.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2006 at 12:43.
Old 10th March 2006, 13:11   #87
Team-BHP Support

Let stick to the topic of the thread please

cya
R
Old 10th March 2006, 13:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Absolute rubbish. We just did an IP analysis, and all the logins have been from the same IP address. The PM and posts are from the same very IP address.

Also, It is impossible to hack a password on Team-BHP as our software uses among the best available encryption solutions. Even any member of the Support team cannot view anyones password.

Just like I guessed.
Old 10th March 2006, 23:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

You neednt have gone through the trouble of looking him up! It had to be him. Or else the "hacker" was also the one who created his account cos in the PM he says he's just a humble marketing representative and NOT a marketing head....in that case why does he register himself as "mktgheadferrari".....or like i said may be the hacker registered!

P.S.: Doc if the hacker can access your account and post mssgs then he can very well access your inbox and send PMs, so there's no need to reply through PMs
Old 11th March 2006, 20:40   #90
BHPian

I think this guy should be banned! more for lying than for creating futile rage within the forum.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled on this board.

Last edited by ported_head : 11th March 2006 at 22:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks