Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 23:41   #181
BHPian

Re: Ducati Monster 796 ownership

If Ducati India doesn't take the responsibility then what happens to the insurance in these cases ? How does one proceed for claims for these imported bikes ?
Old 8th February 2012, 08:31   #182
Team-BHP Support

Fellow Ducati owners, have you folks written to Ducati India as well as their Asian counterpart? Any response from there end?

I think it is unethical in Ducati's part to not arrange for spares & not help the customers in claiming insurance. This is simply not done. And they plan to launch the 795...???

With the kind of support they are providing, this won't do any good. I would suggest most here to spread this and ask folks to avoid (Ducati) till Ducati pulls their socks up & take its Indian operation (3S) seriously. However wonderful & rich in history their products might be, without proper support, they do not get my vote.

Please do keep us updated. Wishing JVH & shayne a speedy recovery for you & your soul-mates Sorry wives/girl-friends ()

Last edited by Sheel : 8th February 2012 at 08:41.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:05   #183
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
I was also wondering on your other thread why you were looking for insurance...Anyway, forget the Ducati dealer route for parts as Adnan also told me his miseries with ordering after his fall.
Yes, like I said before I have absolutely no hopes whatsoever on Ducati India on spare parts. I'll just contact them once I have all the parts. It makes me wonder why they really entered the market. Forget about addressing, they are not even acknowledging any issues. Posts are being blatantly deleted on their FB page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Hi JVH. Sorry to hear about the crash. Commenting because coincidentally i have had *nearly* the same experience. I crashed 2 weeks ago. A car T-boned me in an intersection, totally the drivers fault. Like you, the bike suffered minimal damage considering it was hit broadside by a car doing around 50-60km per hour. Unlike you i didn't break anything, but my shoulder and foot were hurt, still nursing them. Was wearing full gear, otherwise would have been worse, especially for my foot. My 4 year old Alpinestars paid for themselves in full on that day! As for the experience with Ductati India: NO spares available. None. how does that happen? Whats the point of having dealers if they don't carry ANY spares? Wrote this question on the Ducati India wall, it was deleted immediately. Anyway, what is your insurance guy saying about buying the parts over the net? I was considering the same but not sure of how it would work with the insurance company. Take care and hope you are back on 2 wheels asap!
Shayne, I feel for you Bro. First the termis, and now the spare parts. I'm trying to source the parts through other feasible routes. Insurance folks have clrealy told me that they will not entertain foreign invoice. An Indian invoice with VAT will do. I've created another thread to see what are the options available to import. Do chime in if you develop any leads. And wish you luck too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
If Ducati India doesn't take the responsibility then what happens to the insurance in these cases ? How does one proceed for claims for these imported bikes ?
Insurance claim is not a problem. The problem is availability of spare parts. They will just check the damaged parts, new parts and the authenticity of the invoice. A fellow Ducatisti got his claim approved after 8 months from his accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Fellow Ducati owners, have you folks written to Ducati India as well as their Asian counterpart? Any response from there end?
They forward every complaint to Mumbai and everyone knows how competent they are. The crux of the problem lies there itself (as told by dealers and some insiders). Posts and complaints on FB page are being deleted.

Quote:
I think it is unethical in Ducati's part to not arrange for spares & not help the customers in claiming insurance. This is simply not done. And they plan to launch the 795...???
I think they are least bothered. Shayne's and my case are not the first of their kind. They are here to make a quick buck. No 2 ways about it. Ethics gone for a toss.

Quote:

With the kind of support they are providing, this won't do any good. I would suggest most here to spread this and ask folks to avoid (Ducati) till Ducati pulls their socks up & take its Indian operation (3S) seriously. However wonderful & rich in history their products might be, without proper support, they do not get my vote.
Well, I have already diverted a few prospects to consider FZs, CBs and the about to be launched Triumphs. As good as their products are, there is a huge price to pay apart from the price to get the bike.

The product alone is just fantastic. My grouse is only with Ducati India. All we customers ask is to acknowledge the issues and work together towards possible solutions.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:41   #184
BHPian

Dear Jayant,
Take care dude! Wish you a speedy recovery!
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:47   #185
BHPian

Sorry to hear about the crash. Wish you speedy recovery.

I am sad to hear the way established brands go about their business in India. To think they would have learnt a thing or two from the history. In recent times, I think only VW and Nissan have shown serious commitment to the Indian market. There is a lesson to be learnt for all the manufacturers who are making a bee line to India.
mac187 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 11:43   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Well, I have already diverted a few prospects to consider FZs, CBs and the about to be launched Triumphs. As good as their products are, there is a huge price to pay apart from the price to get the bike.

The product alone is just fantastic. My grouse is only with Ducati India. All we customers ask is to acknowledge the issues and work together towards possible solutions.
Jay,
Come one buddie, we will live through this ordeal as well. Do not throw out that steely resolve just because of a few spare parts issue. Am sure by the time you are raring to ride...she will be there in all her glory. Miss riding with you and taking pot shots at the ducati :( On the contrary, am reaching out to my contacts who can provide you the indian invoice for claim purposes.

Quote:
Like you, the bike suffered minimal damage considering it was hit broadside by a car doing around 50-60km per hour. Unlike you i didn't break anything, but my shoulder and foot were hurt, still nursing them.
Shayne,
Apologies to hear this incident from your end. Glad that your gear saved the day for you. Guess it goes without saying 'all gear at any time'
Get well soon buddie
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 14:32   #187
Senior - BHPian

Jayant, glad you're making swift progress on the recovery front.

Really disgusting to see what's become of a lifestyle brand in our country. For the company to not honor customer complaints and grievances is certainly not done, whether one has paid a few lakhs or a few thousands, it just doesn't cut it.

Hope you are able to get things sorted out soon and the bike is back in shape. Missing you on the saddle mate.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 21:52   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Jay,
Come one buddie, we will live through this ordeal as well. Do not throw out that steely resolve just because of a few spare parts issue. Am sure by the time you are raring to ride...she will be there in all her glory. Miss riding with you and taking pot shots at the ducati :( On the contrary, am reaching out to my contacts who can provide you the indian invoice for claim purposes.

Shayne,
Apologies to hear this incident from your end. Glad that your gear saved the day for you. Guess it goes without saying 'all gear at any time'
Get well soon buddie
absolutely: all the gear all the time is the only way, on these bikes especially
and thanks for the good wishes!
Old 9th February 2012, 21:40   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne

absolutely: all the gear all the time is the only way, on these bikes especially
and thanks for the good wishes!
Oh, both the Monster riders down. I hope you both speedy recovery to saddle.

I had made up my mind for Ducati Diavel but I some how was not too comfortable with Ducati response even for sale. I am so sorry to learn how they are treating their current customers.

Ride soon, ride safe.
Old 9th February 2012, 23:14   #190
BHPian

Hi Jay - Sad to know about the accident.

Despite of full gear, you still managed to have a broken bone which itself speaks a lot about the importance of riding gear. ATGATT!!!

Look forward to seeing you back in action soon. And, all the best with your quest for the spares with Indian invoicing.
mantrig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 22:01   #191
BHPian

Hi JVH,

Update on my parts availability: Ducati India did contact me and told me they would help with sourcing the parts quickly. The catch: i got an updated quote for the parts (including the Termignonis) from the Gurgaon service center and the amount had gone up 3 times! from around 1.2 lakhs to 3 lakhs !!! Apparently the prices have been revised. With these kinds of prices, i doubt if anyone can afford a Ducati anymore. Rs17,900 for a brake pedal! I don't understand what they are doing.. with the launch of the 795 the parts should be getting cheaper not more expensive!
shayne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 22:55   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Hi JVH,

... and the amount had gone up 3 times! from around 1.2 lakhs to 3 lakhs !!! Apparently the prices have been revised. With these kinds of prices, i doubt if anyone can afford a Ducati anymore. Rs17,900 for a brake pedal!
OUTRAGEOUS pricing by Ducati. They just turned a hard-core fan into their enemy! I cannot understand why they do this? They lost a potential 795 customer in me! IF they cannot handle spare parts, less, even acknowledge them, then why exist in first place?
Old 13th February 2012, 22:59   #193
BHPian

No idea what they are up to..
Old 14th February 2012, 14:03   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apparently the prices have been revised. With these kinds of prices, i doubt if anyone can afford a Ducati anymore. Rs17,900 for a brake pedal!
Wow Shayne you must be joking. 17900 (assume its without tax) for a brake pedal? Has your existing one completely broken off? If yes you get it TIG Welded and spend couple of hours filing it away. Should be able to get it right with some scars which you can then spray it with silver or black which ever is native.

Well this gives me more room to pull at a ducatista :P
Old 14th February 2012, 14:13   #195
BHPian

Yes well if you want a breakdown and list of some more costs, go to Ducati India page on Facebook.. Will make you feel even better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks