Spring
Inclusive
Ball
Inclusive

Total Amount for Spare Parts
Old 14th February 2012, 16:21   #197
BHPian

Re: Ducati Monster 796 ownership

Ouch, that is some insane pricing. The 795 goes on indefinite hold.
Old 14th February 2012, 16:40   #198
Senior - BHPian

Order it from thailand and i'm sure it'll be less than half the amount. If you're concerned with shipping, ask the guy to ship it through the regular govt. postal dept. And devalue the stuff by a considerable margin. Been there done that. hehe.

Hope you don't end up paying that much.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:24   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Hope you don't end up paying that much.
Navpreet,
Am sure Shayne would be claiming insurance. This is serious dough for a minor crash.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 18:33   #200
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about your accident JVH and shayne, although am sad that both the Ducatis of team bhp got damaged but am glad that both of you came out unscathed with nothing major, as for riding gear it again shows how it saves lives and skin.

Just read the updates and my eyes have popped out seeing the spare prices , agree its a superbike and parts are expensive etc but this is like taking things to a totally different level, 18 k for a mere brake pedal is outrageous, the total estimate doesnt even include labour and its almost crossed 60% of the total cost of the bike.

Did you have zero depreciation insurance? If yes, just go with this 5 lakhs claim and save the headache and if No then as navpreet suggested try sourcing things from thailand. I cant seem to understand why the quotations changed so quickly?

Dont trust the gurgaon people please if their name is anything related to radiant - even for my bike they were happy to charge much more in first service and didnt refund when i complained to garware.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 14th February 2012 at 18:42.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 11:35   #201
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Hi JVH,

Update on my parts availability: Ducati India did contact me and told me they would help with sourcing the parts quickly. The catch: i got an updated quote for the parts (including the Termignonis) from the Gurgaon service center and the amount had gone up 3 times! from around 1.2 lakhs to 3 lakhs !!! Apparently the prices have been revised. With these kinds of prices, i doubt if anyone can afford a Ducati anymore. Rs17,900 for a brake pedal! I don't understand what they are doing.. with the launch of the 795 the parts should be getting cheaper not more expensive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Estimate from Ducati Mumbai:
Rear Indicator R/H
Inclusive
--------
--------
Total Amount for Spare Parts
That's the reason I said earlier that I'm not counting on Ducati India to help us with spare parts at all. Apart from this silly price increase, we cannot count on their lead time at all. Your Termis is a perfect example.

I got a quote from KRP, New Delhi. Anybody has experience in dealing with them? The quote seems reasonable but I was warned by atleast 2 friends on their lead time. But if they can deliver within 30~45 days, am OK with it.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:54   #202
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro, shocking news man. Hope you are better now. Its apalling how Ducati has been reacting, i think all bike/car makers now understand that India is the best place for selling and washing their hands off in the absence of strict laws.

Any luck on getting the monster up and running?
Old 16th February 2012, 15:24   #203
Senior - BHPian

Wow!
So basically they want you to scrap the older bike and buy a new one.

I am sure if you salvage the components on your bike and sell them you will get money for engine and then you can buy a new monster or will you buy it again. We all understand the caveats of buying in the super-bike dream but this is illogical. I seriously think You need to think of salvage and writing the bike off, if possible.

Ducati knows something that we don't know or do Japanese know something that Ducati doesn't.

Reading this I am thanking my stars for I did not buy the bike. I will seriously consider Japanese now.
Old 16th February 2012, 19:43   #204
BHPian

Have you tried the option to order spares from Thailand ? I saw someone suggesting it to you earlier but, didn't see a response. Apologies, if you have already did so.

Also, is the bike in any kind of rideable condition at all ? Looking at the spares, did not look like any major damage was done but, the bill is HUMONGOUS !

25p ki chai aur cup toda 75p...
Old 7th May 2012, 10:18   #205
JVH
Senior - BHPian

The bike is fixed. Took just a few hours to replace the parts. The only niggle I encountered after a short test ride was slightly spongy front brake. It'll be fixed this week hopefully. I hadn't charged the battery regularly but surprisingly no issues faced with it so far. The bike started in one go bringing smiles to all of us and a big relief to me.

Delighted to be back on the saddle.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 10:47   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
The bike is fixed. Took just a few hours to replace the parts. The only niggle I encountered after a short test ride was slightly spongy front brake. Delighted to be back on the saddle.
Mighty glad that the bike is up and running mate.

You might want to bleed the brakes and replenish with fresh brake fluid to regain the bite in them brakes.

Looking forward to riding with you soon.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:01   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bike is fixed. Took just a few hours to replace the parts.
Delighted to be back on the saddle.
Congratulations Jay, this makes for some very good reading. So when are we heading for a ride? Last week of May to Mangy?
Lemme know your thoughts.

Hope the workmanship has been to the mark? Guess you can be very glad now that the Ducati have their showroom/service station in Bangy...
Old 7th May 2012, 19:45   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The bike is fixed. Took just a few hours to replace the parts.
Good going JVH! I'm sure it must be a great feeling after such trying times for you Duke owners down south.
Just curious to know if the parts did indeed cost you that big 5 packet, and how much of it was covered by insurance?
Old 7th May 2012, 20:48   #209
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Mighty glad that the bike is up and running mate.

You might want to bleed the brakes and replenish with fresh brake fluid to regain the bite in them brakes.

Looking forward to riding with you soon.
It was indeed a big relief firstly to hear the start and secondly the short ride itself. We'll do a small ride soon to start with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congratulations Jay, this makes for some very good reading. So when are we heading for a ride? Last week of May to Mangy?
Lemme know your thoughts.

Hope the workmanship has been to the mark? Guess you can be very glad now that the Ducati have their showroom/service station in Bangy...
Mangy will be a little far for me right now dude. You go ahead with your plans. I ain't running anywhere and you'll have all the time to go at the Duc in your own way . We'll catch up soon, may be this weekend.

No issues with the workmanship. The same ex-service guys (Nikhil/Manohar) fixed it. They are a little slow but pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Good going JVH! I'm sure it must be a great feeling after such trying times for you Duke owners down south.
Just curious to know if the parts did indeed cost you that big 5 packet, and how much of it was covered by insurance?
It indeed was Manson. We are just hoping that the new showroom/service center will kick-off soon and will be a decent experience.

It sure did cost me in that number though nowhere near what Ducati India and a bunch of other importers were quoting. I bought the parts myself during an outstation trip. I'm working with the insurance guys and pushing to see if the foreign invoice is feasible. The way things have been going so far with them, looks like it might work out. I'll update on how that part proceeds. For now, let me just enjoy what I have missed ;-)
Old 8th May 2012, 10:12   #210
BHPian

@jvh , finally after a long wait and struggle the bikes running fine. good to hear that.
@ ku69rd , did you mean ride to mangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks