Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2011, 07:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

How you can be at fault? The fuel pump was replaced the defect being attributed to the fall you had and in which case the cost has to be either borne by you or to claim it on insurance. After the replacement of the fuel pump, the mechanic was taking a trial and due to his mistake or ignorance the bike crashed.
Did the dealer fill a job card at the time of arrival of the bike in their service center. If so,this is proof enough to fix the responsibility with that dealer. And further road trials are supposed to be taken with the dealers test registration number. The one in red and white.

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th November 2011 at 07:57.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 08:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
I never blamed you for mechanic death.
Hi!

I honestly believe Mel can't be blamed for mechanic's death. The bike was with the mechanic and it was for him to ride in his limits. How many folks ride w/o helmets? Do they all die? With due respect to the departed soul, we all know as to how the mechanics ride around.

Yes, it was indeed a good gesture from Garware to provide support & assistance at those ghostly hours.

Can't comment further, but feel this mess to be sorted out & Mel completes his BB.

This heated argument and round of blames happened because of the mechanic's death and his rash & negligent riding. Had this not happened, it would be smooth sailing for both.

Very unethical on part Sales Manager, RC Motors Ahmedabad asking people to post crap on Mel's wall.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 11:09   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Is it true that you refused to lend your helmet/didnt voluntarily lend your helmet to the mechanic when he set out for the TD?.
A mechanic takes TDs every day. So its the duty of the Employer to ensure there are helmets available for TDs. why should the owner give his safety gear. Nobody is running a charity here.
There are lot of people driving without helmets. Do we run around them and give them our helmets?
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 11:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A mechanic takes TDs every day. So its the duty of the Employer to ensure there are helmets available for TDs. why should the owner give his safety gear. Nobody is running a charity here.
There are lot of people driving without helmets. Do we run around them and give them our helmets?
Totally agree with you that its the employer's duty to provide the basic gear. The sales manager alleged that Melroy refused to lend his helmet when asked for it, thats why i popped the question. He can obviously come forward and clear his stand. And regarding charity, if someone actually does ask me for my helmet to take a short spin,I for one, would happily part with it. A lid is never more important than a human life. There have been times when i have myself insisted the mechs at the service centre and at the independant garages to use my helmet when they TD the bike. Whats the big deal about it? Is my lid going to be rendered useless if someone else uses it? I dont think so.
And if you are assuming that I am being overtly critical of Mel, then I am not. Its just that there is too much confusion over the whole episode and it lacks clarity.
Heck the Sales Manager Mr Patel has behaved in the most unprofessional and uncivilised manner by calling him names openly on social networking websites, and he should be dealt with sternly, no two doubts about that.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 11:30   #20
BANNED

can we see some pictures, the first thing is why would you also not stop the mech from riding the bike like that as well.
Old 20th November 2011, 12:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sales manager alleged that Melroy refused to lend his helmet when asked for it
Obviously, this is where they'll start saying to find excuse to not having provided the riding gears;

If you ask RCM, they'd say they've provided one & the mechanic doesn't wear it; and even if it were true, the mechanic would say..."chaltha hai". This is the problem of lack of proper rider education...the roots!!!

Quote:
if someone actually does ask me for my helmet to take a short spin,I for one
If I have a Studds or Vega, yes, I'd do the same; not with anything more; if someone else can't value their life, why would I? Besides, if they crash on my expensive gears, all I get back is "THANKS" & with that, I can't buy another set!!!

Quote:
Heck the Sales Manager Mr Patel has behaved in the most unprofessional and uncivilised manner by calling him names openly on social networking websites, and he should be dealt with sternly, no two doubts about that.
And still you had questions!!!
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 12:47   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Obviously, this is where they'll start saying to find excuse to not having provided the riding gears;

If you ask RCM, they'd say they've provided one & the mechanic doesn't wear it; and even if it were true, the mechanic would say..."chaltha hai". This is the problem of lack of proper rider education...the roots!!!

And that is the reason Melroy should clearly state what exactly happened and steer clear of any such allegation from their part.

If I have a Studds or Vega, yes, I'd do the same; not with anything more; if someone else can't value their life, why would I? Besides, if they crash on my expensive gears, all I get back is "THANKS" & with that, I can't buy another set!!!

I would say different strokes for different folks, a human life cannot be discriminated on the basis of an Aaron or an Arai. Completely personal take on it.

And still you had questions!!!

Obviously i would and so would a few others. Is there a problem in being inquisitive? There are always two sides to a coin. It aint my fault if you cannot make out the lack in clarity in the whole episode.
I still re-iterate, Garware messed up the whole thing BIG time!!! It was a sponsored ride and they should have extended all possible help and not get into mud slinging. It would have been a nice gesture on their part to amicably sort out the matter then and there. It would have been a win-win situation for both the parties, but of course not for the bereaved family.
Old 20th November 2011, 13:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And regarding charity, if someone actually does ask me for my helmet to take a short spin,I for one, would happily part with it. A lid is never more important than a human life. There have been times when i have myself insisted the mechs at the service centre and at the independant garages to use my helmet when they TD the bike. Whats the big deal about it? Is my lid going to be rendered useless if someone else uses it? I dont think so.
Everyone MUST wear helmet and it is necessary to make others understand the importance of wearing it. But you cannot expect customers to lend helmets to mechs at a service center. Helmet is a personal accessory and it is not fair to expect someone to lend it. It is a matter of personal hygiene and preferences. It is the duty of the service center to ensure safety of it's employees, not of customers.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 20th November 2011 at 14:00.
PatienceWins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 17:10   #24
BHPian

Just out of curiosity - can any lawyer/insurance expert comment on whose claim appears stronger? I would have guessed that the dealership would need to pay up since their employee was handling the bike at the time of the crash; however this is just my guess, no clue as to what the law states in such a case!
Old 20th November 2011, 17:20   #25
BHPian

Any accident caused by the owner or another driver the way to go is to claim insurance as the bike is comprehensively insured. The insurance company is liable to pay for the damages to the bike.

That is what we insure our vehicles for.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 20th November 2011, 18:32   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
My name is Melroy Alphonso staying at Mumbai.
AFAIK, Garware motors agreed to pay whatever is the difference post claiming insurance. Don't think there is anything 'VERY' wrong with that. What you lose in the bargain is 1 year's worth of NCB on your insurance. Thats it.

I believe it was an honest mistake on the part of the poor chap who paid for it with his life. That incident has nothing to do with you. And there is nothing you could have done to avoid it. Most dealerships do a Test-ride post repairs. And as for accidents, they are, by definition, unpredictable.

The least you could do is be thankful to RCM and the Deceased mechanic that they helped you out in the middle of the night going out of the way to do that. I would suggest you to claim insurance and give the amount to Ronith Motors / RCM / Garware and get the bike repaired without paying anything extra.

As for endurance rides, I personally am very much against them. So I wouldn't comment any more about that part and create more controversy.

P.S.: If you drop a bike and things go wrong after the bike is dropped, it IS supposed to be your fault. So the broken fuel pump, my friend IS YOUR FAULT!! Nothing wrong with what the Service guy said there.

Last edited by antz.bin : 20th November 2011 at 18:38.
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 21:14   #27
BHPian

@Patiencewins

Its a completely personal opinion as I said. I absolutely would not refuse lending my helmet, but that may not be the case with everyone. No harm in that. On a more neutral note, think of it this way- considering the urgency of the situation and the wee hours of the night, would you really be expecting a mechanic to turn up with a helmet in hand? That day is quite far my friend. At least the guys did their job by providing the promised assistance. Rest is all bad luck.

@Melroy

Have you taken screenshots of the page where the Sales Manager was seen abusing you and your friends on facebook? That can come in handy in dealing with GM or the dealer. Any updates from your end?
Old 21st November 2011, 09:25   #28
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st November 2011 at 15:06.
narula123 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st November 2011, 12:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Mel,
Do understand and acknowledge your position. You did let the bike out purely on goodwill and trust that it will be returned in one stead. Obviously yes we do not let our mechanics ride/drive with an intention that they will damage the bike. Was saddened to read the improper communication put in by GM Rep. He should be sacked from his position and i think there was a bit of immaturity from your end by going public in an offensive manner. Other words you should have waited till they would revert to you on how this could have been mutually solved.
Anyways hope better sense prevails and you get a replacement else you can walk away from the money that your insurance company bails out and start life afresh without any guilt. "Do not think you are at fault just because you did not lend your helmet"
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 16:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
@Melroy

Have you taken screenshots of the page where the Sales Manager was seen abusing you and your friends on facebook? That can come in handy in dealing with GM or the dealer. Any updates from your end?
Yeah bro I have saved the screenshot of his profile.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-dhwanish-fb.jpg  

melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks