Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

personally, i see it as throwing good money down a hole - instead of repairing the bike right away and getting it on the road, you are possibly ending up with scrap if the legal process drags.

The primary damage seems to be the tank, fairing and exhaust - which though considerable, is not unrepairable.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

melroyal, I am sorry I have not read the whole thread in detail so may have missed the details. You say you fell off the bike which is how it got damaged in the first place. How exactly did you fall?
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
melroyal, I am sorry I have not read the whole thread in detail so may have missed the details. You say you fell off the bike which is how it got damaged in the first place. How exactly did you fall?
Earlier during the day while making a turn,I lost balance and the bike tilted on the righthand side and went down :(
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Earlier during the day while making a turn,I lost balance and the bike tilted on the righthand side and went down :(
Was this a high speed low-side or a low speed tip-over on a tight turn? And how many kilometers had you already ridden on this bike before this happened? Could there have been something faulty/damaged in the steering column/suspension that caused this?
Old 3rd January 2012, 18:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

There was a similar incident involving a Maruti dealer very recently. The 15 month old Alto was test driven by the dealers valuer, when the owner got his allotment for the new swift, met with an accident with a tipper lorry and there was damage to the front end. The owner refused repairing through insurance and insisted for a new car which was agreed to by the dealer after a long drawn negotiations. The owner paid for the road tax and the insurance for the new Alto.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

What was the outcome of the hearing? I guess it was slated for Dec 13 2011?
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:51   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Was this a high speed low-side or a low speed tip-over on a tight turn? And how many kilometers had you already ridden on this bike before this happened? Could there have been something faulty/damaged in the steering column/suspension that caused this?
Hi ebonho.It was a low speed tip over on a right turn.I had ridden the bike for 3,000kms.There is no issue with the steering column/suspension is just that the bike is front heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
What was the outcome of the hearing? I guess it was slated for Dec 13 2011?
Hi shubz.The case was admitted on 13th Dec 2011,the hearing will come up on 24th Jan 2012.
melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 00:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
I have aproached the Consumer Court, the hearing for the same comes up on 24th Jan 2012.
All the very best Mel. I wish that your traumatic experience is turned into a victorious one. I was skeptical about Garware's After Point of Sale, hence skipped it, else would have bought a GT650n. Their service in the past when the Comet was around was debatable.

Anyways, please do continue to keep us posted on your case. Once again all the very best!
bluenicotine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:13   #69
BHPian

Had the first hearing of my case today at Comsumer Court.
Ronit Motors(Mumbai) stated that the bike was purchased from them and also narrated the accident.Ronit Motors wanted to fight the case on behalf of RC Motors(Ahmadabad) but was not allowed.
The Judge asked that the owner of RC motors be present for the next hearing on 14th Feb, as he wasn't present today.
melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 15:38   #70
Senior - BHPian

As expected the first hearing is of no consequence. Why would the Mumbai Dealer stand in on behalf of RC motors? Ahmadabad
Old 25th January 2012, 20:38   #71
Senior - BHPian

Could be a delay tactic?
Old 27th January 2012, 15:05   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
As expected the first hearing is of no consequence. Why would the Mumbai Dealer stand in on behalf of RC motors? Ahmadabad
I have added the Mumbai dealer as the opposite party to the case,so that I can fight the case against RC Motors here in Mumbai itself.If Ronit Motors wants to represent the Ahmadabad dealer, he will require to have a letter of authorisation to do so.
Judge said that we should do a settlement,to which Ronit Motors stated that RC Motors has lost a mechanic due to accident. The Judge replied, "Is Melroy responsible for the accident that has happened?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Could be a delay tactic?
Could be bro.The next hearing is scheduled for 14th Feb.The Judge stated that the RC Motors needs to be present that day.
Old 27th January 2012, 15:34   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
15 month old Alto was test driven by the dealers valuer, met with an accident. The owner refused repairing through insurance and insisted for a new car which was agreed to. The owner paid for the road tax and the insurance for the new Alto.
This sounds like a 'happy ending' because the owner got a new car at the cost of only the road tax and insurance. If the dealer had 'business operations' insurance, he/she would have been able to claim the difference between the value of the two cars as well. The owner would have been able to transfer the no-claim bonus from the old vehicle to the new vehicle too. I wonder if the owner actually bought the Swift - that would have made the deal favorable for the dealer too.
Old 14th February 2012, 17:17   #74
BHPian

Had the second hearing of my case today at Consumer Court.
The Judge has asked both the parties including me to file a written affidavit and has scheduled the next hearing date on 21st March.
Old 14th February 2012, 18:36   #75
Senior - BHPian

Melroy,
Have you got the bike repaired and back with you are is it still lying at the police station?
The hearing process seems to be slow - why do they want an affidavit?
Wish the process was a little quick, every time they give a full 1 month gap in hearing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks