Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 14:37   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
And this bit you tell the world 10 months after the crash. That too, when I made you tell us about it. Don't you think if you had mentioned this anywhere on this thread/on your Facebook, it wouldn't have caused so much backlash from people like the ones I listed on the previous post.

If you had come clean about this earlier, maybe someone like Sunny bhaiya would have made a phone call to Diya Garware requesting her to escalate your case instead of ridiculing you on his FB wall like he did.

I did a simple search on TeamBHP and google right now the only result that I get where you have used the words Iffco OR Tokio is this particular quoted one.
If you'll guys go under the presumption, that coolboy007 has stated that all GT650R in India come under Tata AIG zero depreciation policy doesn't mean that the Mumbai dealer will get Insurance done from the same Co's.

Never needed the help of Sunny,if he couldn't help it would have been better that he did not criticize me for the same.
melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 15:28   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
If you'll guys go under the presumption, that coolboy007 has stated that all GT650R in India come under Tata AIG zero depreciation policy doesn't mean that the Mumbai dealer will get Insurance done from the same Co's.
How are we supposed to know this? Especially if you do not refute us when we claim it in post #41, #45 and #55 of this very thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Never needed the help of Sunny,if he couldn't help it would have been better that he did not criticize me for the same.
Thats the point! He could have helped. But if you hide critical info like this, I am afraid, nobody can help you. Neither Sunny, nor Hyosung, nor the media nor the biggest biker community in India!(you know which one I am referring to)
Old 18th September 2012, 22:40   #108
Senior - BHPian

Ok I was keeping quite but this can not go on.
Quote:
@Condor my friend:
1. That was supposed to be Sarcasm.
2. Bajaj Auto is not an Insurance company.
3. Read between the lines.
We do not allow sarcasm, if you gave a wrong example then accept it instead of telling others how to interpret it.

Secondly what happens on FB or xBhp or any other forum is out of our control & hence its best if those references are kept off from the posts that you make here. On the same line, lets keep Sunny & xBhp out of this.

And yes please stay on topic.

Thanks
Technocrat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 13:06   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Lets get on with the topic and its upto Mel to decide as to what he prioritizes. As humans, one can err. Its time one realizes & corrects it.
I agree. I guess Melroy let his emotions get the better of him for a while due to the incident. When you see your years of savings and dreams end up in a dump of metal with a life lost added to the list, its pardonable to act childish and lose patience. He did a lot of errors during that time like putting it on fb which consequently has ruined his chances of selling the bike and blocking people who he thought were opposing his line of reasoning.

But I think at the end of the day he's a fellow biker and I wish him the best to get out of this muddle. No point arguing over spilt milk. Maybe we all can learn from this episode as to the do's and don'ts of dealing with such a case.
narula123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 15:32   #110
BHPian

Quote:
First of all, its Antz. Secondly, of course his insurance premium will rise. But it would have risen regardless of whether the mechanic incident happened or not. If you read the entire incident carefully, Melroy had already crashed the bike *before* he reached Ahmedabad. Thats the reason he took it to the workshop in the first place, that too on the back of a truck in the middle of the night.
@antZ.bin:
1. Was the extent of the damage done by Melroy anywhere near what happened with the mechanic? The amount the insurance company has to pay correlates to the increase in his premium.
2. Can you please justify the service center's claim to Melroy's insurance for damage they caused?

Quote:
: Query: AFAIK, Insurance companies don't take PAN card details/passport no. or even a photo before giving you a vehicle insurance policy. How are they going to establish that some 'Mr. Tom Dick Harry' (hypothetical name) who totaled his bike/car is the same one who is buying another one? There can be 50 guys named 'Mr. Tom Dick Harry' living in Mumbai.
Whether or not we know how its done, it doesn't mean it isn't. My friend's ex-landlord's insurance company was able to track my friend down after he purchased car insurance from a different company.

Not to mention Melroy's choice of insurance provider would be limited due to a mistake by the service station. Again, I ask how is it even possible to justify their claim on any level apart from 'convenience'.
Old 10th March 2014, 17:14   #111
Senior - BHPian

I believe this thread can be closed now. A post from melroyal's GT650R ownership thread:

Quote:
No bro I'm riding the same GT650R after getting it repaired at my own cost.The case went on in Mumbai Consumer Court for 9mths, against the dealer.During the court proceeding the dealer then agreed to get the bike repaired by claiming the vehicle Insurance and then paying the remaining difference in amount,I declined the offer.Later No order was passed by the Mumbai court.To further pursue this case, I will need to put it up at Ahmadabad Consumer Court.
And a picture posted by Hyosung Superbikes India, with the description:

Quote:
FAN PIC OF THE DAY!!

#HyRyder 'Melroy Alphonso' went for a Sunday morning ride trip to Igatpuri on his #Hyosung. What does it takes for making a bike tour so interesting, well planned and do-able?

SHARE your photos and stories on our wall!
Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-1959472_676741425723992_102109313_n.png
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 18:48   #112
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Thread closed as there have been no updates from the owner. If this thread needs to be opened, please report this post with details as to why it needs to be re-opened. Thanks!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks