Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 18:02   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Hey Shubz, Congrats on your new ride booking.. But have you checked the new HD Breakout.. If you have not pls have a look at it I bet you will change your mind for sure.
Thank you Hiren! Of course I did have a good look at Breakout / Fat Bob and Fat Boy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Hi Hiren,

Breakout is not so appealing when you see it or sit on it. I was also told that it is not as comfortable as boy to ride. Fat Boy custom with Devil headlight looks much better compared to breakout with a headlamp similar to that of superlow.

#LLB
+++1

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations sir for booking the most iconic Harley.

The Mysterious SunGlo Red is a beautiful color. I saw a Fatboy in same shade outside the Pune dealership recently. Looked lovely. Also the Iron looks amazing in the Amber Whisky shade, I believe this shade has been discontinued in the Iron now.

No matter how inviting a Breakout might look to the eye, the Fatboy has an iconic appeal to it which is unmatched by even the Roadking's and Street Glide's.
Thank you sir! Yes, no matter what other bike look good on paper or to the eye, I was and is smitten by this iconic model!
Old 11th March 2015, 15:11   #707
BHPian

Shubz,

Congratulations on your new booking! Harley must be doing a lot of things right to get your commitment again. Like others, I too hope to see another great thread.

As for Triumph calling back- I sometimes take a few days to just get them to answer my call if I need something. That's when I am a pretty notorious customer within Delhi.

A recent incident- I went touring with my wife to Udaipur on the bike. As I walk around the City Palace doing touristy stuff, I get a call from Triumph asking if I have taken a decision yet on finalising the Bonneville T100 - this, exactly 6 months after I had first visited their showroom and three months into the ownership!!

Cheers,
Sting
Old 11th March 2015, 22:46   #708
BHPian

A quick query about your Amber Whiskey, Shubz and anyone else with a sportster. Do your bike's pipes get extremely hot after even short 20km rides? With distinct pops as it cools down after you turn off the engine? Is this normal behaviour?
Old 12th March 2015, 11:10   #709
BHPian

I ride a superlow and it also behaves the way you've mentioned. I believe that's normal.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:07   #710
BHPian

Does a free breathing air cleaner help reduce heating? On an unrelated note, does anyone know of any importer for Screaming Eagle or Vance and Hines stage 1 kits?
Old 12th March 2015, 12:08   #711
BHPian

Stage 1 with appropriate tuning will make the engine run cooler.

You can check with Salcom or High note performance for importing it.

#LLB
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 14:53   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
A quick query about your Amber Whiskey, Shubz and anyone else with a sportster. Do your bike's pipes get extremely hot after even short 20km rides? With distinct pops as it cools down after you turn off the engine? Is this normal behaviour?
The pipes does get real hot even with a 2 km ride bro! and those distinct pops are - Pipes cooling, metal contracting. And it stops after a while. Have you not noticed this on any other vehicles?

And after Stage 1 - it does run cooler - BUT - you cannot really measure that. :-)

Screaming eagles and VnH are available at the dealers itself. Unless you want something like Bassanis or Roland Sands etc.

Cheers

#LLB

Last edited by Shubz : 12th March 2015 at 14:55.
Old 12th March 2015, 15:23   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

Screaming eagles and VnH are available at the dealers itself. Unless you want something like Bassanis or Roland Sands etc.

#LLB
The quote given for Vance and Hines at the dealership is obscene, compared to its actual value. Paying nearly double at the dealership makes no sense if I'm losing my warranty anyway. So I'd rather source it directly from the US and save around half the price they've quoted.
Do you see anything that could go wrong with that plan?
Old 12th March 2015, 15:57   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The quote given for Vance and Hines at the dealership is obscene, compared to its actual value. Paying nearly double at the dealership makes no sense if I'm losing my warranty anyway. So I'd rather source it directly from the US and save around half the price they've quoted.
Do you see anything that could go wrong with that plan?
I am surprised there is such a price difference. Are you sure about the price difference?

For when I got mine - we checked outside as well - there wasn't much of a difference.

#LLB
Old 12th March 2015, 16:18   #715
BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised there is such a price difference. Are you sure about the price difference?

For when I got mine - we checked outside as well - there wasn't much of a difference.

#LLB
I have a quote of 97k from an importer for V&H slip on pipes, air cleaner and fuel pak 2/3, while the dealer has quoted 1.24lakhs for the Screaming Eagle equivalent. With V&H a lot more.
Old 12th March 2015, 16:37   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a quote of 97k from an importer for V&H slip on pipes, air cleaner and fuel pak 2/3, while the dealer has quoted 1.24lakhs for the Screaming Eagle equivalent. With V&H a lot more.
does that 1.24L include Labor too? or Labor extra?
Old 12th March 2015, 17:16   #717
BHPian

Quote:
does that 1.24L include Labor too? or Labor extra?
Labour extra, as is the tuning for the Super tuner. Truly, stealerships.
Old 12th March 2015, 17:31   #718

Very nice review. Mid life crisis it is. I am planning to buy one and this review is encouraging indeed
saka363 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 18:30   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saka363 View Post
Very nice review. Mid life crisis it is. I am planning to buy one and this review is encouraging indeed
So Make up your mind - Is it the Sportster or is it gonna be the Softail ;-)

#LLB
Old 31st March 2015, 12:58   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Keep the Street, Go for the Fatty! :-P You don't need two Streets at home

Street 750
Street Bob!

Go FATTY!
The bigger bikes may be a little more cumbersome in traffic, but handle just fine when you get used to them. The Dyna v. Softtail debate is hard to settle, but in the end depends on your riding style and the roads you frequent. While the Softtails are not as adept at corner carving as the Dynas, they are certainly more than capable on the highways and roads in and around Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks