Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2014, 20:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home

Congratulations on the bike.

Your buying ordeal reminds me of a restaurant here in Bangalore. Whenever you go there for lunch, there is a big queue, you buy your token, register yourself and wait for more than 45 minutes for you to be allotted a seat. It a strenuous wait, especially when you are hungry! but as soon as you keep the first morsel in your mouth, you forget everything bad about that restaurant and come out after finishing your lunch with an accomplished smile on your face

Hope the bike has made all amends for the treatment meted out to you by its handlers

If I am not wrong, this is the bike which Tom Cruise made famous in Mission Impossible II. Your bike looks like its the next generation of Tom's bike. So many riders here threw away their Pulsar and CBZ fairings and went for this dual headlight to ape this bike. Its a dream machine
Old 15th August 2014, 21:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If I am not wrong, this is the bike which Tom Cruise made famous in Mission Impossible II. Your bike looks like its the next generation of Tom's bike. So many riders here threw away their Pulsar and CBZ fairings and went for this dual headlight to ape this bike. Its a dream machine
That was the Speed Triple in Mission Impossible 2, the Speed Triple or S3 is based on the bigger 955cc Daytona T595 (later 955i) , and upgraded to the Daytona's 1050cc engine subsequently, where the capacity still stands today.

The Street Triple arrived much later, after the Daytona 600 it is based on, circa 2006 IIRC.

Story of the Speed Triple is that the Italian importers of Triumph decided to use customer feedback to ditch the fairings of the Daytona sportbike , originally at 885cc or so. They put two round headlamps instead of one and the modded bike sold well.

Triumph officials then were invited to see the bike and saw a market they apparently missed, only then did the official Speed Triple get done from the factory.
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:33   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
By mirror adjustment, I meant move the assembly, you'll have to loosen two screws. You can do it on your own, you'll need the correct size Allen key
Have done that, but for some reason my left side mirror doesn't bend downwards. Will get it checked/replaced next time I visit the service centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitectIT View Post
Super colour and cool bike, looks awesome.
Many congratulation, wish you many many miles of absolute riding pleasure on the ST.
After all those ordeals finally you have got the bike. I was expecting bit more from Triumph on this issue.
Small request, Could we have some more pictures of the ST.

Ride safe!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
hahaha, quickdraw, your review is short(a bit too short, I'm waiting for more pics) and nice.. and i do understand your wash-the-bike-just-now-and-heavens-open-up feeling. i think most of us are at the receiving end of Murphy law. same used to happen to me when i got my Pulsar 200. have a great ride and ride safe, ATGATT..!!
Absolutely, will be reposting these pics in a higher resolution and getting more pics posted soon. The weather is absolutely horrid here in Delhi (> 40'c on most days, so not been able to take it out at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Congrats on the bike Arya!! Looks absolutely smashing in that gorgeous blue.

OT: bugger you are in Delhi. Meet up!
Yo fo sho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Congratulations quickdraw. Absolutely droolworthy bike. Would be great if you could pen a few lines on the specifications, ride, and the rest.
One of my friends is planning to get the same and I have shared the link with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeisenBerg View Post
Congrats buddy. The bike looks absolutely stunning. Can you share some more details on the specs of the ride?
The specs of the Bike are available at this link - http://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/bik...eet-triple-abs the 2015 versions are different with respect to colors etc. Do check them out.

I will add a more detailed review with pictures post this weekend (have a ride planned). So keep a watchout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on the Striple buy bro! Looks smoking hot in Blue. Wish you many happy miles with her.

One of the pics where the bike is covered in slush, it looks as if you are back from a Leh ride!!
Haha, thats actually foam. It was taken when I was getting the bike washed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Congrats QD, you dont post too frequently these days but when you do its always big
Hats off to your patience, most people would have been turned off by the attitude of the sales centre.

Have fun and ride safe.
Haha, well glad to be able to contribute to the community. I am still a little worried and shaken up by how Triumph India is handling OPS, hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Congrats Quickie You are quicker now with the blue lightning in your arsenal now. Love the colour. Good you could think beyond the white

You in Delhi? Which track do you plan to take it to? Is there a track that regular joes can ride on? I checked with the Buddhh people and they dont have the 1st clue.

Ride safe mate. Hope to see you ripping the Delhi streets sometime
Thanks a lot mate, this color has been discontinued, hence I can call it limited edition now the new ones have common colored fender and back panels. Also yeah Buddh allows you to arrive and ride on open track days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Congrats mate ! The Street Triple is a wonderful and very practical big bike, apart from the low ground clearance, that is ! Nice color , I believe it's discontinued now for 2015 model year, just red , black and white.

Ride safe and keep updating the thread.
The ground clearance is not very bad, just noticed it that it isn't very good either. It is one of the most practical superbikes I've ridden.

Also quick note guys, the Gentleman's ride is happening end of Sept, you should attend the one in your city. Its sponsored by Triumph here but all classics are welcome. I am trying to arrange a bonnie to ride there. Would urge you to check it out, come out and have a good time and give to charity (link below).

https://www.gentlemansride.com/rider/quickdraw
Old 8th September 2014, 21:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Taking her to the Buddh circuit on the 21st?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...21-2014-a.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th September 2014 at 14:24. Reason: Editing post as per your prediction.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking her to the Buddh circuit on the 21st?
Yes am coming to Buddh!

Adding a picture that I took from the GoPro

Ok maybe I gave too much edits to this one.
Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-gopr1649.jpg

BUG EYED!
Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-gopr1654.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th September 2014 at 14:26. Reason: Editing as per earlier deletion. Do put up a nice video of your buddh experience (closed track), that will be good. Thanks.
quickdraw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 15:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

The track day was awesome fun, although it was organised a little badly (our session was delayed by hour and half almost) which caused us to lose light and I had my tinted visor on. But needless to say I'll be back to the track soon!

We had 3 crashes that day, 1 Daytona, Race Polo and a S1000RR but everyone walked away without a scratch, needless to say I look forward to riding on the track more often.

Here is a picture that was taken en-route, will upload more pics and race video edit soon. The GoPro video turned out to be not so good because I tilted it a little too much towards the bike instead of the front.

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-10714332_689151961171169_2382606147146623908_o.jpg
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Is there any (aftermarket) front visors/flyscreens available for the Speed triple? If yes, any idea about the cost?
Old 24th September 2014, 09:45   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Is there any (aftermarket) front visors/flyscreens available for the Speed triple? If yes, any idea about the cost?
Something like this would be ok, details price etc on the link. You should be able to find a seller in ebay who can ship to india.

http://www.dartflyscreens.com/en/speed3.html
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 17:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Triumph India has this http://www.triumphmotorcycles.in/acc...ection=0000001

It costs Rs 10386
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 17:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats quickdraw for a wonderful looking bike. ST in blue looks gorgeous and now its a limited edition as you said

Do you find it easy to ride in tight city traffic? I guess you might have to slip clutch lot of time in bumper to bumper traffic.
How is the stability at high speeds on bad patches of road.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Cheers.
Old 24th September 2014, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The track day was awesome fun
Glad you had a great time bud. Too bad for the GoPro vid. Was really looking forward to it.

Did you wear full leathers or rode with the gear you have on in the pic? Did you rent the leathers? If yes, cost?
Old 6th October 2014, 14:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats quickdraw for a wonderful looking bike. ST in blue looks gorgeous and now its a limited edition as you said

Do you find it easy to ride in tight city traffic? I guess you might have to slip clutch lot of time in bumper to bumper traffic.
How is the stability at high speeds on bad patches of road.

Ride safe and enjoy.

Cheers.
Yes, its quite manageable in city traffic. I do feel the clutch seems a bit hard if you are stuck in 1st gear stop and go traffic, but have not given up so far and have been stuck in very very bad traffic quite a few times.

Quote:
Glad you had a great time bud. Too bad for the GoPro vid. Was really looking forward to it.

Did you wear full leathers or rode with the gear you have on in the pic? Did you rent the leathers? If yes, cost?
Full leathers, I own a full leather kit, use a AGV Sport (great value at INR 36k) with A* SMX boots and recently acquired Furygan AFS 10 gloves. (pic below) with my trusty Arai RX-Quantum

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-1399156_690191821067183_6114812544634207634_o.jpg
First ever trackday, still getting comfortable with the shoes, suit and track riding.

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-10582962_10152208562025876_6957221229922656753_o.jpg
Hit some good speeds on the back straight of BIC. The Lap Timer is awesome.
[/center]
I had a crash on the bike last sunday night, was on a 360' roundabout when I hit an oil slick left behind by someone, unfortunately I was mid corner and not upright and lost the front, tried to regain the bike to no avail and had to drop it down, the bike has suffered some bruises and so have I. But she will be back soon and we will be on the road again (have ordered a belly pan kit for her before I dropped it, and am thinking of getting an arrow fitted as-well).

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-10702075_10152226806810876_8460205080452452076_n.jpg
Bike being towed away for repairs (damage is only on the left side of the bike, note: broken handlebar)
My gear saved me for the most part and if the bike had sliders on it I am sure the damage would be much much less. So reminder to all you out there thinking about getting that knee guard or new gloves, don't wait!

Unfortunately the crash happened on the night of DGR, where I rode a Bonnie and participated in the Delhi ride, it was amazing fun and met some really cool people. The Bonnie is one hell of an amazing bike, riding it feels so serene and relaxed. Its an amazing and very special machine which is capable of really delighting you.

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-10687948_779944388728644_3333600788205502499_o.jpg
Here you can see me and Sue with her Bonnie, Sue is also a chopper pilot and all round bad-ass we met at the DGR and instant Bonnie Bikerhood happened!

The crash was not enough to put me down and I was really looking forward to BFI happening over this weekend at BIC. Although the festival was badly organised and chaotic, we managed to squeeze in some track time, I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Daytona 675R, thanks to Triumph India who had organised owners and prospective owners to ride their bikes at BIC. They also had some sweet discounts (50% off) for track time.

Triumph Street Triple - Blue Lightning comes home-10698466_10152230794720876_7401178774690441356_n.jpg
The Daytona 675R it rode like it was on rails!

What an amazing amazing machine, it is absolutely perfect for the track, and I have to say I barely must have used 20% of its capabilities. One of the most amazing things about it was the quickshifter, and I have decided to get it for my bike as-well.

A video of me on the main straight at BIC. I will upload more pictures and videos to this thread soon.

It has been an absolutely astonishing change with how I feel about Triumph India especially after what I've been through, the dealership here is very new but the people are great and helpful. I'm happy that we can finally leave behind the bad times at Shaman Triumph bestowed upon me. Now I need to see how long parts take and how soon can I get my bike back. I also know that a lot of people are facing issues WRT deliveries and accessories, I guess they just need some time to get their things in order. I am sold and am a full blooded fan now, have already started thinking about which bike to pick up next. Its a hard sell between the Tiger and Daytona, but thankfully my finances have made sure that decision is at-least a year away.

Last edited by quickdraw : 6th October 2014 at 14:42. Reason: Added video and a little more edits.
quickdraw is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Feeling sad to hear about your fall. I am glad that you are fine. How about parts availability at triumph dealership? Do they stock only regular consumables or extra parts as well?
Ride safe and take care.
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Feeling sad to hear about your fall. I am glad that you are fine. How about parts availability at triumph dealership? Do they stock only regular consumables or extra parts as well?
Ride safe and take care.
Sorry about the late reply, I should definitely push an update to this thread (on my to-do list for sure).

The parts availability was dismal to be honest, it took almost 6 months for me to get my bike back. I can attribute it to a variety of reasons. Bharti AXA took almost 2.5 months to give the clearance to go ahead with the repair. Will not be renewing my insurance with them. And the parts took their own sweet time to come. I missed the entire riding season because of it. I am also not too happy with the repairs done. Attention to detail was surely missing and they have left a lot of tool marks on the bike. As I said will update the thread soon!
Old 3rd July 2015, 22:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Sorry about the late reply, I should definitely push an update to this thread (on my to-do list for sure).

The parts availability was dismal to be honest, it took almost 6 months for me to get my bike back.Attention to detail was surely missing and they have left a lot of tool marks on the bike.
Its always sad to see when a customer loses belief in a brand which he/she would used to make their dream complete. Do keep us updated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks