Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2014, 11:43   #331
BHPian

What about bonnevilles. Are the dealers ready to take back those as well?
Old 30th November 2014, 11:58   #332
BHPian

Re: Triumph India: Sold Bikes in India with fake performance figures!

AVI and Avi,

While only an owner can decide whats the right decision for her/himself, i will only theorise on what i would do.

Considering that on paper this is a significantly less competent bike than its PAST rival Z800 and nearly as competent as the NOW rival n650 the future respect - and hence resale value- of this model might go down. I guess most people upgrading to this range of motorcycles rely significantly on paper stats since personal experience with superbikes is limited. The Stripple doesnt score here. There will be demand for it, no doubt about that, what someone will be willing to pay will remain to be seen. Particularly if the dealership certified motorcycles are on resale too.

As i said, i can only theorise since I dont own one and my circumstances are different with the Bonnie, a bike i still need to decide on.

If it was me, I THINK, i would have asked for a compensation, dispropotionately in my favour and would have kept the bike- thatll take care of the heart and the mind. Returning the bike takes care of the mind but the heart doesnt want to part ways. Not returning doesnt make financial sense but serves the heart.

Will be closely watching what owners finally do- sometimes while we write, we write with the mind while the actions and decisions are goverened by the heart.

Ride safe, and screw Triumph while enjoying the Stripple.

Like Charles Howard said in Seabiscuit; "he doesn't know he's small, he thinks he's the biggest horse out there on the racetrack".

I guess the Stripple thinks so too and thats how she behaves on the road.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 13:03   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
If it was me, I THINK, i would have asked for a compensation, dispropotionately in my favour and would have kept the bike- thatll take care of the heart and the mind. Returning the bike takes care of the mind but the heart doesnt want to part ways. Not returning doesnt make financial sense but serves the heart.

sometimes while we write, we write with the mind while the actions and decisions are goverened by the heart.

Ride safe, and screw Triumph while enjoying the Stripple.

Like Charles Howard said in Seabiscuit; "he doesn't know he's small, he thinks he's the biggest horse out there on the racetrack".

I guess the Stripple thinks so too and thats how she behaves on the road.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting

Very well put and you are reflecting my thoughts in more than one ways.

The outpourings seen in pages after pages here are largely reflections of the minds (justifiably so) rather than that of the hearts.

Hope better sense prevails in salvaging the scenario

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 13:13   #334
BHPian

I'm with Sting on that, I'm too much in love with my Striple to return her for money. I would prefer the upgrade+ compensation route
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 13:41   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Sting

The outpourings seen in pages after pages here are largely reflections of the minds (justifiably so) rather than that of the hearts.

Hope better sense prevails in salvaging the scenario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
I'm with Sting on that, I'm too much in love with my Striple to return her for money. I would prefer the upgrade+ compensation route
For someone who is totally in love with the bike already and have no plans to sell it anytime soon it does make sense to go via upgrades + compensation route.
But again think of this, If you get back your money(full amount) for the triple now and still dint like any bike other than street, You can always buy Street triple R which they will be in early 2015 for a bit more

For others who will sooner or later upgrade to a better/bigger ones better return it to the dealership because they will have tough time selling it when they want to.
Old 30th November 2014, 13:43   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
What about bonnevilles. Are the dealers ready to take back those as well?
I don't know yet, but as per Avi, the Hyderabad dealer's buyback offer was only for Striples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Considering that on paper this is a significantly less competent bike than its PAST rival Z800 and nearly as competent as the NOW rival n650 the future respect - and hence resale value- of this model might go down. I guess most people upgrading to this range of motorcycles rely significantly on paper stats since personal experience with superbikes is limited. The Stripple doesnt score here. There will be demand for it, no doubt about that, what someone will be willing to pay will remain to be seen. Particularly if the dealership certified motorcycles are on resale too.

Right, so i have been working along the same lines the last few days. Have been gathering data on bikes with similar power specs and their pricing in India, so that i can come up with a reasonable valuation for the Striple in its new guise

Not sure if i should worry too much about being reasonable with my estimates
Old 30th November 2014, 13:52   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
For others who will sooner or later upgrade to a better/bigger ones better return it to the dealership because they will have tough time selling it when they want to.
Fully agree.

Please note that personally I have no right to be here (as I have Euro specc import), I was only empathising with fellow bikers.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 30th November 2014, 14:16   #338
DipantS

As a Striple owner, I am personally waiting for Triumph to come back with options. I really don't care which dealer is saying what at this point as they are not the final decision maker in this matter. Once I hear back from Triumph I will exercise my option accordingly. The worst thing that Triumph can do at this point is to fight with their customers. Biking comes from passion and they cannot hurt essence of their own business after all what has happened in recent past, otherwise they will definitely perish in this country.

And about Striple……. She is an awesome machine, the way she rides, she never feels under powered and does keep up effortlessly with other more powerful machines. If ARAI figures are correct, I wonder what she will become when she gets back her real horses.
  (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 15:25   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
As a Striple owner, I am personally waiting for Triumph to come back with options.
Fair point. Question is, how long should the owners wait? I had put my Striple in for its first service yesterday, and did meet up with dealers. However, I am not yet discussing options with them, for the simple reason i prefer something uniform from Triumph for all owners.

I know that if i walk away from Triumph today, i am not going back to them in the future (at least not in India). However, i am taking my time to decide, just because i love the bikes they build.

I don't think Triumph will update the Indian bikes (Striples) to match the UK spec, at least not without custom performance parts (Arrows ?). They can't officially up the spec of the standard bike, for the simple reason that would make the bike illegal as per the current ARAI certificate. I don't like the Arrows solution much, cause even then i lose out on the potential gain that Arrows would have made over the stock 106BHP. Of course, i don't think i am skilled enough to fully exploit a hundred horses, but if i wanted to buy something that i could fully exploit i would have just bought a "TVS Scooty" (no offense to any Scooty owners)

Last edited by A_v_i : 30th November 2014 at 15:37.
A_v_i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 22:04   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_v_i View Post
Fair point. Question is, how long should the owners wait? I had put my Striple in for its first service yesterday, and did meet up with dealers. However, I am not yet discussing options with them, for the simple reason i prefer something uniform from Triumph for all owners.

I know that if i walk away from Triumph today, i am not going back to them in the future (at least not in India). However, i am taking my time to decide, just because i love the bikes they build.

I don't think Triumph will update the Indian bikes (Striples) to match the UK spec, at least not without custom performance parts (Arrows ?). They can't officially up the spec of the standard bike, for the simple reason that would make the bike illegal as per the current ARAI certificate. I don't like the Arrows solution much, cause even then i lose out on the potential gain that Arrows would have made over the stock 106BHP. Of course, i don't think i am skilled enough to fully exploit a hundred horses, but if i wanted to buy something that i could fully exploit i would have just bought a "TVS Scooty" (no offense to any Scooty owners)
I believe they are waiting for the problem to expand further (read court) rather than resolving it ASAP.

I'm just curious about one thing. Now that they have offered to buy back the bikes, are the dealers planning to sell them at throwaway prices if someone is interested. I would love to own one if that's the case.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 23:24   #341
BHPian

Given that this whole 85PS trim being sold while all the marketing material shows 106PS was a deliberate decision by Triumph to sell the 85PS model - it does bring up the question why ?

The Street Triple R is sold only in 106PS tune, and it's not yet sold in India. Maybe their strategy was to sell both the standard ST3 and ST3R in 85PS and 106PS guise with a price differential of 75k-1lac ?

Something tells me this was the plan that didn't percolate down the pecking order well, and they all continued to push the 106PS brochures. That would mean the higher-ups don't know or didn't bother to follow the trail to the showrooms, but could happen.
Old 30th November 2014, 23:42   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Something tells me this was the plan that didn't percolate down the pecking order well, and they all continued to push the 106PS brochures. That would mean the higher-ups don't know or didn't bother to follow the trail to the showrooms, but could happen.
Just some posts back, there was a photo of a top honcho standing with the EU specs PowerPoint slide behind him. So this probability is less. Whatever it is, Triumph India dug its own grave very well.
Old 30th November 2014, 23:47   #343
Senior - BHPian

Return the bike and buy another one. Shift the depreciation to the company, serves them good for taking Indian customers so lightly. Shocked to see the high handed elitist fb conversation posted on previous page.
ani_meher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 00:13   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Race Dynamics just posted this Dyno Graph of a Street Triple.

EDIT: I have come to know from another bhpian that the dyno-ed bike has arrow exhausts and is remapped.Great.Spread more disinformation and add to the confusion!
Doesn't this graph look too smooth ? Most graphs have more slope/rise and a lot have rough spikes. The smoothing could be dependent on dyno, but such a linear curve ?
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2014, 08:18   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Shocked to see the high handed elitist fb conversation posted on previous page.
+1

I am also taken aback by his arrogant response. He is trying to be funny and playing it down heavily. But this is a big deal!! Hope the owners get a fair deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks