Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2015, 16:10   #1
BHPian

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!

OK, so here it is. And before you start reading, the writing is all over the place. I am not good at headers, not good at paragraphing and I am grammatically handicapped.

And yes, Just a note. I might talk stupid things about other motorcycles, but that’s my perception and only my POV. So if I offend you in the slightest of manner, sorry in advance. As they say “to each his own”

My grandmother got me a framed, massive poster of a Ferrari F40. I drooled over it and displayed the same proudly. Over the course of time, that was the only car picture hanging in my room. I upgraded, yes upgraded to motorcycles. Everything in the room reeked of them. Pictures, magazines, scale models and what not.

So as the formative years began, with massive dosses of testosterone, sweat glands and pimples the longing for “MY” motorcycle just kept gargantuanly increasing. My friend had a Suzuki Shogun. For me it was the most beautiful thing. I wanted it, no let me correct that, I “yearned” for it. I figured at the age of 18 and with a negligible allowance, the best option is, ask the old man. I had read this somewhere and I don’t remember where, but Jim Corbett mentioned, if he was stripped naked and left in the wild. There was one animal he’d be really worried of. And that was the leopard. His reasoning being, the leopard is the most patient of the feline species. It waits for the opportune moment before striking. It might not be the fastest or the strongest, but in patience and intelligence, there is nothing that’s at par with it. I wanted to be that leopard. So I put that to the test. I embodied the mammal. Waiting, lurking, in the house…paying attention to what my father was up to. His mood, his body language, how he reacted to situations at home. Waiting for that opportune moment.

Till finally, one day when he was in front of the TV watching a western (I figured that’s when he was the happiest) I dropped the question. He heard me out, looked at me, sat down, searched his pockets, took out a set of keys and handed them over. He said and these are his exact words, “please take these, they are to my lovely 4x4. Use it well. Never ask me again if you can get a motorcycle”. Nonchalantly he went back to watching his western and I just sat there doing nothing. Staring at the keys, the frustration reaching tipping point I blurted, “but you had a bike, then why not me”. I wanted tell him, that I’d rather have the bike than make out with the captain of the girls volleyball team!! Well, he just looked at me and stared. I knew that was the end of it. While all this was unfolding my grandmother witnessed the entire chain of events. One detail, which I forgot to mention was, I used to stay with my grandparents. My mom and dad would visit on holidays etc. So days went by and the motorcycle issue never cropped up. My parents left for Bombay (left the jeep back for me in Pune, never touched it) and life continued to be as uninteresting as it gets.

That’s when my grandmother asked if I was still interested in getting that bike. I would not believe what she just said. Ignored it, probably thought that was me imagining things, when she asked me again. You know that feeling, the adrenaline rush you get when you jump off an aircraft. That’s what I felt in that moment. I said, “hell yes please but dad?” My grandmother the woman that she is, said, just get it and we’ll figure.

I did not buy a brand new one; instead got a secondhand, rally ridden Shogun. It was black, had a flying mudguard with wide handlebars. I didn’t give a damn on practicality. For me she was my pride and joy. I rode that thing everywhere. To get vegetables, Sunday rides with friends etc. etc. Fuel was Rs 30 or 35 a liter. (Yes young ones we had fuel at current Vada pav monies). If I did not have the money to fill her up, I used to borrow some fuel from my grandfather’s scooter!! That’s the story of my first motorcycle and the beginning of a love affair that still continues to be. (Long story short, grandmother convinced father and eventually he came around).

Shogun treated me well and I reciprocated the love back. However it was time to grow up, time to be a man. Moved to Mumbai. Then came, howling into my life the eternal sunshine of my twisted mind. A gorgeous Yamaha RD350. She was nothing like I had experienced on 2 wheels. She was beautiful. We continued this turbulent love affair for 6 years, till my flesh and bones girlfriend put her foot down and handed me the ultimatum to get rid of the bike. This was a reaction to my stupid accident while riding pillion. I fought many battles but lost the war. Finally relenting to constant quarrels and bickering I had to let go of her. That’s the bike I am talking about. Eventually I got rid of the girl too There is this ridiculous joy of owning a RD. For me she was a living, breathing entity with an obnoxious 2-stroke soul. That unpredictable character of a 2-stroke. Oh how I miss those days! There is nothing as spectacular as the smell of those exhausts, the burning smell of rubber from wires being melted away, the carburettors flooding with excess fuel, the revs, the sound and the effortless ability of an RD to take away all your troubles. All the troubles that the RD might give you or the countless hours that you’d spend at the mechanic, the joy of riding her is mind numbing. That was 10 years ago. Note to mention here. If you have a RD now, and find yourself in the same predicament as I was, please choose the motorcycle. If any ladies reading this post, the same applies to you as well, ask the man to leave KEEP the bike.

In the meantime friends upgraded to better and bigger bikes. So there were the usual culprits like the CBR954, a Suzuki GSX1000R, Honda CR250, a TZR 250 with that awesome YPVS, man she was ridiculously powerful, more RDs etc. But never did I ride them. Or felt the need to do so. I just wanted mine. And had the resolve to get one.

Zap to the present. I am older and wiser. So says my dog. He knows I am sensible, intelligent and loving. My wife has a completely opposite view on this but she manages. Have managed to survive the brutal onslaught of education and paid labour. The universe has been kind to me with a decent job. I am able to feed myself, my dog and occasionally buy a pair of Levi’s. Amidst this have also been patient and watchful like the leopard to save some money. So monies in hand began the search for a motorcycle. Wife thought this was some mid life crisis and the adverse effect of marriage. Decided to keep her out of this. Without her knowledge I started looking for motorcycles around. First thought was to buy a RD, restore it. Make it one of those awesome projects. Then the inner voice came alive and said “Save your marriage”. I knew I’d be spending more time trying to get the bike right than forcefully being made to watch “Romedy Now” So that thought drizzled off.

KTM’s were available. I love them. They are brilliant. Wish they had the Superduke available here.

In the current scenario you are spoilt for choice really, with all that’s available.

1-Went to the Harley showroom, more out of curiosity than anything else, considering it’s really close to where I work. Harley’s are too American as far as I am concerned. “Screaming Eagle pack”, “HOG” membership and the list goes on. Saw the Iron. Nice name. And for me that’s where it ends. Harsh ride, warped ergonomics for my warped dimensions. So nope, my mid life crisis isn’t that bad to wear sleeveless denim jackets with skulls and snakes. So that’s out, thank you very much.

2- Ducati’s. Ooh nice and shiny. When you see a Ducati… the only word present to express how you feel is “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”. The streetfighter or the Multistrada, now those are animals. However Sigh and another BIG Sigh! Too expensive. So Ducati’s out.

3- Suzuki did not have anything to offer, except for the regular Gixer, the Bandit and the Busa. I can’t stand the Busa. Again it’s an awesome machine but then look at it! It reminds me of those mutant massive pumpkins that get featured under the “That’s Weird” column.

4- Triumph. Went to Shaman motors in Andheri east, Bombay. The moment I walked in had a feeling as if I stepped into Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory! Memories of Steve McQueen and the Great Escape played out. Instant nostalgia. Instant goose bumps. Saw the Bonneville in its garb of chrome, the big Explorer standing tall waiting, like a cannonball asking to decimate something. Did not even look at the Daytona, not my cup of tea. But zeroed in on the Street Triple. Gorgeous thing that is. While I was drooling and making a mess of the wooden floor, Arash walks in. He works there. Super enthusiastic young boy. Waited till I messed up the floor. Curiously asked if there was anything in particular I was looking for, my immediate reply being where’s the Speed? Nope not on display sorry. Hmmm! Now on a scale of 1 to 10, rating my impulsiveness, I come in at a healthy 10, in bold. Stared at the Street Triple, touched it, fired her up, and sat on it. Looked at Arash, and said lets book the Speed Triple please. Done! So booked that 1050cc pie on the 24th of January 2015. I finished signing some papers, got my receipt. All set!

Now why the Speed Triple? Why not? 1050cc and 127bhp is more than enough. Has decent amount of torque to move around in the city, awesome power that translates well on the road when you give it a whip. And as far as I am concerned it’s a gorgeous looking motorcycle. Comes with awesome pedigree and my oh my does it have character? After an RD, I genuinely feel that if there is anything out there on 2 wheels with personality it’s a Speed Triple. It’s a naked that made naked bikes cool period.

Was told that I will get delivery by the end of March. In my head I painted a picture of a naked chassis being moulded, ah! So they starting from scratch, so that’s why it takes that long. Had no choice but to wait.
There was a problem with this waiting though. I hadn’t told my wife or friends about my latest escapade in the deep recesses of Andheri east. There were times when I wanted to vomit all this and let my wife know. But didn’t. I told my dog though. I was sleeping on an average of only 3 to 4hrs daily, picturing my Speed being put together by skilled hands somewhere in Thailand or Delhi, wherever they were touching her inappropriately LOL. Work and sleep deprivation got the best of me. I got a serious anxiety attack. Felt like a damn heart attack. Had to get admitted, lying there in the ICU while my ECG was taken I blurted all about the Speed to my wife. Instantly felt better. The docs put me on blood thinners and kept me under observation in the hospital. Apparently the ECG showed some warped readings. 24hrs later, post a 2D echo, more ECG’s (I think they are a con) stress test and a coronary CT scan I was cleared to go home. Wife and I came out of the hospital.

Saw a Yamaha showroom. It immediately piqued my interest. For old times sake and probably I felt guilty of not seeing or test riding the FZ1 walked into the showroom. There were 2 reps there and I inquired about the bike. The guys looked at me and the first question was “Am I serious about buying it”. Was told the booking amount is 5 to 6lacs. What got to me was not the booking amount but the attitude and the tone. This wasn’t going anywhere, just said thank you and left.

Was finally home. A few days off and was back at work. In the meantime went to Pune. A friend asked if I wanted to go see the Kawasaki Z800. Nope, thank you. Never been a big fan of the Kawasaki or the new marketing atrocity Sugomi. Its too green for my liking, considering the only green that I like is on a traffic light and trees.

Was back in Bombay and at work. Twiddling my thumbs. Decided to call Shaman and told them I am ready with the money and will like to make a full payment immediately. So there I was again, happy smiling. Arash was a little busy shuttling between a few customers and me. He’s like this ball in a pinball machine. Super energy and I guess he likes what he does. Finally we sat down, made the cheque. Done and left the showroom.
Had more time to kill before I could lay my hands on the bike. So started checking online for accessories available. After deciding what I wanted, called Shaman again.

Here is the list of things I got for my baby:
- Arrows, 3 into 2
- Anodised Front brake reservoir
- Bar end mirrors
- Polymer coating for the paint. Apparently need to do this every 4 months.

Wanted a radiator guard but they did not have one. Also wanted crash and fork protectors, but not available. Curious thing was told that these might void my warranty. That’s kind of ridiculous as I don’t know how one deals with this. Nonetheless will get them fitted from outside. However checked online and Triumph UK etc have them in store!!

Finally on Thursday 26th March she got on a trailer for Mumbai. It took them 5 days to get here. So got a call on 2nd April that finally she was here. Almost ran into the showroom, searching, craning my neck to figure where was she. And there she was standing gracefully waiting with those stupid bug eyes. I walked to her and said hello!! Touched the tank, the seat, silencers, tires and all. A riot of emotions surged through me. I thought I was going to cry. I have waited too long for this moment. I stood there, staring, happy, content and a lot more. It was only she and I. Everything else was incidental. We were suspended in limbo and I loved it. She’s a big one. Like really big. The Street Triple looks considerably smaller. The tank is massive and when I got onto the seat, the entire stance is aggressive. Man that tank is wide. I could not keep that smile off my face!! Finally got you, you sweet little chubby pie!

The fit and finish of the bike is brilliant. Everything seems to be in its right place. The quality of the components honestly feel top notch.

The good part is the bike was manufactured in the month of March 2015. Also came with the following goodies,

- Rubber tank pad. Looks really cool. Its simple and plain with “Triumph” written on it.
- Came with the belly pan.
- Had a small windscreen.
- Brembos, front and rear.
- Came with a rear hugger.

On the gear front got:
- Icon Ghost Carbon Helmet.
- Alpinestars T-GP Plus R jacket
- Alpinestars Land Gor-tex boots
- Triumph H2 Sport leather Jacket
- RJay’s Canyon gloves
- SIDI Cobra

Nonetheless could not take delivery, as Shaman hadn’t done the octroi inspection. Pleaded with Arash and Rajesh (Showroom manager. Awesome guy too). Both empathized and promised they will try everything to expedite the same. I had given up hope of getting the bike any sooner than Thursday next week. Considering Good Friday and the weekend coming up. Plus after the inspection and registration the Shaman team was to fit all the accessories as well. Wife’s guru had to add his two bits, hence delivery scheduled for the 10th April. On the 9th however went to the showroom and finished all formalities. The guys at Shaman are just brilliant. The motorcycle was under this garb of red, waiting to be unveiled for the first time. Took the cover off gently, there she was all gleaming and shiny. Arash and the guys got me an awesome cake, which was cut. Oh and before I forget, I carry this stupid sling bag everyday. Not coz I am hipster but its convenient: P. So every time I went to Triumph the guys noticed it. So they got me a sling bag with the Triumph logo as a gift. Small things matter and this was completely unexpected. So a big thank you to Arash and Rajesh. It was worth every minute of the wait. Plus she came with a full tank of “Speed”. Mother prayed over her and approved immediately. (Picture attached)

This is already a long post and now for the riding experience of things. Considering i am in the middle of a project at work, i do try and take her out as much as i could. Not as much as i would have liked though.
Have been riding her everywhere, from the chemist, to town for some irani chai with friends and office . Have used her in traffic, on the highway and the small by lanes of Versova. Basis which have detailed out what I like and may be could be improved upon. Hoping to take her out of the city for a ride this weekend. Fingers crossed, trying to complete my office commitments by Friday evening.

A few observations listed below,

Pros:

- She is super comfortable. Potholes, speed breakers throw them all, no worries.
- I was honestly overwhelmed by the size of this motorcycle. But when you move her...its like physics takes over and lets you be.
- The front has decent amount of feel and the Brembos do their job well.
- The seat is lush and comfortable. Awesome ergonomics, everything is accessible once you have made a mental note of things.
- The arrows were worth everything.
- The surge of power is so well defined, it’s as if she first gets up, wears her pyjamas and then starts to move hell and earth. This girl “burbles” oh my, music to me and anyone listening to it. Did pop an unintentional wheelie. Nothing to worry about, hit the rear brake and brought her down smooth.
- The console is easy and great to get feedback from.

Cons:

- She heats up. With her on idle I can start waxing people in close proximity. Will have to get used to this I guess.
- The forward stance is nice and feels brilliant, but it also puts a decent amount of weight on your wrist, gloves are mandatory.
- The clutch is super hard. Hopefully can ease that out…or will just invest in a “wrist power grip”
- Don’t take a U turn on this baby. Just go up the road, find a intersection and then turn where there is enough space. The turning radius is useless.
- There is a slight squeaking sound coming from the rear brake. Taking her to Shaman to have that fixed.
- There's a slight play in the accelerator grip. Have noticed this when i "blip" the throttle to downshift. Again will have to get this checked or might just have to figure the sweet spot to do so.

More pictures to come over the weekend for sure. Will get some pictures from my office. Every office boy clicked a picture sitting on her. Its brilliant and will try and share that too.

And finally, a big thanks to my grandma for being the catalyst, which started this entire love affair. And to my Apple Pie I say, Come girl, lets sort my life out!!! Touchwood!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0915.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0917.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0925.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0927.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0935.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0932.jpg  

The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-img_0909.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st April 2015 at 12:18. Reason: see rule # 11 please. mention of alcohol is not allowed
Odeen12 is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 07:53   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!

Note from Mod : Thread moved from Assembly Line to Superbikes & Imports section. Thanks for sharing

Congrats on the Speed Tripple. You got yourself a very rare beauty. Its the muscular version of the Street and looks really mean and full of business.

I rode with a Speed plenty of times and its really fast and except maybe for the nimbleness of a street is way superior. But, be prepared for single digit mileage if you really like to open throttle as the person who used to ride it never got more than 12kmpl-13kmpl and he was gentle rider

Btw, please add more pictures of the bike as the few don't really do much justice

Congrats again and ride safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 08:08   #3
BHPian

Hey Thank you.

Will add more pictures. I am going to Shaman right now. So will click more pictures of her and hopefully the watchman there can click her's and mine together.

Will update soon. Oh yes. Realising the fuel economy already!! it is what it is, but loads of fun.

Regards and thanks again.
Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Note from Mod : Thread moved from Assembly Line to Superbikes & Imports section. Thanks for sharing

Congrats on the Speed Tripple. You got yourself a very rare beauty. Its the muscular version of the Street and looks really mean and full of business.

I rode with a Speed plenty of times and its really fast and except maybe for the nimbleness of a street is way superior. But, be prepared for single digit mileage if you really like to open throttle as the person who used to ride it never got more than 12kmpl-13kmpl and he was gentle rider

Btw, please add more pictures of the bike as the few don't really do much justice

Congrats again and ride safe !!!
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 10:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for a great and truly hilarious post. I've heard of anxiousness and anxiety before getting a bike, but you took it to the next level! Glad to know you finally have the Speed in your hands and congratulations. I especially loved the last line thanking grandma.

Quote:
I upgraded, yes upgraded to motorcycles.
I wouldn't say I upgraded, but definitely got a new found love for motorcycles when I was 11. Still had posters of the W124 E and the W140 S, but "yearned" for a bike deep within.

Quote:
I had read this somewhere and I don’t remember where, but Jim Corbett mentioned, if he was stripped naked and left in the wild. There was one animal he’d be really worried of. And that was the leopard. His reasoning being, the leopard is the most patient of the feline species. It waits for the opportune moment before striking. It might not be the fastest or the strongest, but in patience and intelligence, there is nothing that’s at par with it. I wanted to be that leopard. So I put that to the test. I embodied the mammal. Waiting, lurking, in the house…paying attention to what my father was up to. His mood, his body language, how he reacted to situations at home. Waiting for that opportune moment.
Indulged in the same myself, but never quite thought of it in that way. I had saved up the money, but needed the permission.

Quote:
There is nothing as spectacular as the smell of those exhausts, the burning smell of rubber from wires being melted away, the carburettors flooding with excess fuel, the revs, the sound and the effortless ability of an RD to take away all your troubles. All the troubles that the RD might give you or the countless hours that you’d spend at the mechanic, the joy of riding her is mind numbing.
You just gave us Royal Enfield owners a "defense template" for every time someone asks us why we choose such unreliable creations.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 11:30   #5
BHPian

Hahahaha. Tushar. Glad you liked the write up.

The RD bit is honest. It's such a fantastic motorcycle, that you don't really care when you have to spend time at the mechanic

That anxiety bit was of a different level man. Glad they gave me the bike in time though

Will upload more pics too.

Cheers man, stay safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you for a great and truly hilarious post. I've heard of anxiousness and anxiety before getting a bike, but you took it to the next level! Glad to know you finally have the Speed in your hands and congratulations. I especially loved the last line thanking grandma.

I wouldn't say I upgraded, but definitely got a new found love for motorcycles when I was 11. Still had posters of the W124 E and the W140 S, but "yearned" for a bike deep within.

Indulged in the same myself, but never quite thought of it in that way. I had saved up the money, but needed the permission.

You just gave us Royal Enfield owners a "defense template" for every time someone asks us why we choose such unreliable creations.
Old 16th April 2015, 11:39   #6
BHPian

The Speed made a new friend. This small one sleeps under the bike everyday. She's the "Night Watch"
Attached Thumbnails
The Triumph Speed Triple burbles my socks off!-night-watch.jpg  

Odeen12 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 11:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

Rahul, neat writeup and lovely bike bro. A big Congrats from my side!

Would definitely like to see you near the bike to be able to appreciate the size.

Speaking of your MI (that's what it probably was - a mini heart attack), and based on your history, am guessing you're in your mid to late 30s? A very common age in our country, where the incidence is decades earlier than in the West. A class A personality (hyper, driven, ambitious) and a stressful workplace/life situation are other contributing factors. Take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, do what you enjoy, kick back and live in the moment, and kick the butt if you're a smoker.

Worked for me.

Look forward to reading your updates on this thread.

P.S. Speaking of your nightwatch, its cute now. Will cease being cute when you can see tiny holes in your seat and claw scratches (look like hairlines) on your tank.

I speak from personal experience as my kids adopted and fed and pampered many such "nightwatches" (I use less parliamentary language to describe these furballed terrors) over the past 2-3 years.

Sad to inform you, that once a cat adopts your bike, only a dog or some extraordinary measures will keep your pride and joy safe. Mine include old bedsheet on the bike, covered over by the garage cover, with heavy magazines on top over areas where the garage cover makes a nice cubbyhole/tent for the teror to find its way underneath and be found blissfully cuddled in (choooooo chweeeet ...... #$@%%^&* .....)

And I have a dog ..... who as a pup has done his own little numbers on my Baleno and KTM. Sigh .....

Last edited by ebonho : 16th April 2015 at 11:56.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 11:58   #8
BHPian

Hey Thanks a ton.

You absolutely right. Need to take care of my lifestyle. Making those changes one step at a time. Trying to kick the butt seriously. Started running to get my stamina up. Will start working out. Advertising is erratic, hence trying to bring in some sanctity. Thanks again man, will be sure to work on your advice.

Will have that picture in the evening.

Regards
Rahul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Rahul, neat writeup and lovely bike bro. A big Congrats from my side!

Would definitely like to see you near the bike to be able to appreciate the size.

Speaking of your MI (that's what it probably was - a mini heart attack), and based on your history, am guessing you're in your mid to late 30s? A very common age in our country, where the incidence is decades earlier than in the West. A class A personality (hyper, driven, ambitious) and a stressful workplace/life situation are other contributing factors. Take care of yourself, eat well, exercise, do what you enjoy, kick back and live in the moment, and kick the butt if you're a smoker.

Worked for me.

Look forward to reading your updates on this thread.

P.S. Speaking of your nightwatch, its cute now. Wil cease being cute when you can tiny holes in your seat and claw scratches (look like hairlines) on your tank.

I speak from personal experience as my kids adopted and fed and pampered many such "nightwatches" (I use less parliamentary language to describe these furballed terrors) over the past 2-3 years.

Sad to inform you, that once a cat adopts your bike, only a dog or some extraordinary measures will keep your pride and joy safe. Mine include old bedsheet on the bike, covered over by the garage cover, with heavy magazines on top over areas where the garage cover makes a nice cubbyhole/tent for the teror to find its way underneath and be found blissfully cuddled in (choooooo chweeeet ...... #$@%%^&* .....)
Old 16th April 2015, 12:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the bike, and thanks for the writeup. 'Save the marriage' great use of humour.

Health issue sounded little serious. Hope you got back on the health track.

And regarding cat, yes, count your days till you start to hate it. It will be soon. Cats discover that the seats are softer than the ground, and are better used to sharpen their claws, and treats the tank as scratchpost. Somehow cats in my building loved my GS150, but don't (yet) climb up on Ninja. Hope your cat too wouldn't climb up, because once it does, it will start leaving marks!
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 12:47   #10
BHPian

Those Arrows with the single sided swingarm look so bloody jaw dropping on her !!!
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 13:00   #11
BHPian

Hahahaha. My wife hasn't seen this post. I am contemplating about it.

Getting health back on track with a vengance.

I know what you mean when the seat screws up. Personally more of a dog person but this one is well behaved. Will probably add some weight on the covers.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Congrats on the bike, and thanks for the writeup. 'Save the marriage' great use of humour.

Health issue sounded little serious. Hope you got back on the health track.

And regarding cat, yes, count your days till you start to hate it. It will be soon. Cats discover that the seats are softer than the ground, and are better used to sharpen their claws, and treats the tank as scratchpost. Somehow cats in my building loved my GS150, but don't (yet) climb up on Ninja. Hope your cat too wouldn't climb up, because once it does, it will start leaving marks!
Old 16th April 2015, 13:09   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Hahahaha. My wife hasn't seen this post. I am contemplating about it.

Getting health back on track with a vengance.

I know what you mean when the seat screws up. Personally more of a dog person but this one is well behaved. Will probably add some weight on the covers.

Thanks again.
Lol ! her = one with the wheels

Another thing you could do is get cover with elastic at the bottom. Mine fits super snug and I do not see many cats nearby either. I had chased one to death (long story) in my school days and, since then I have noticed, cats do their best to avoid me
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 13:19   #13
BHPian

Excellent write up! I must say, that I'm in awe of the accessories you've purchased for the ride. The bar-end mirrors simply give a completely new look to the bike, and so do the Arrows.

Fabulous choice of helmet as well.

Coming to the nightwatch, I've got a cat in my parking lot too who snuggles up to my seat at nights, especially when the bike has it's cover on. Luckily she doesn't mess it up much with her fur.

Here's wishing you a lot of happy kilometres!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 14:01   #14
BHPian

Normally I won't login Team BHP unless and untill I am want to say something. Your excellent write up made me do that today. What's note worthy is the passion you have for bikes is put in right way, more like a film script.
Happy motoring and drive safe.
Mustang29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 14:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
The Speed made a new friend. This small one sleeps under the bike everyday. She's the "Night Watch"
Nothing against cats but they usually claw the seat, especially kittens. Please keep an eye.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks