Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 22:36   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Disclaimer - This piece of writing is inspired by the article from Shumi of Overdrive, a journalist I admire for his honest words. However, while it takes inspiration from it, I hope to build on it while keeping the experiences from a new biker point of few, one that is trying to bite into the superbike pie for the first time. Like me. That said, for the sake of fairness, I'd leave a link to his writing here - http://overdrive.in/features/buying-...-need-to-know/
I'm so happy I bought a Royal Enfield Himalayan instead of a Versys. It's easy enough to ride in the city, and yet it's wonderful on the open road, and feels like a much bigger bike. After reading this, I don't think I want to own a superbike in India
Old 15th April 2017, 23:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityadeva View Post
I wonder why the idea of superbike rentals have not come up in India.

After all ownership is prohibitively expensive.

If it's a rented bike, many youngsters can have experience of good bikes at not that much lot of money.

Also govt should have very good quality roads in mountains and hills so that tourists can enjoy the ride and tourism is promoted that way.
That's all that we need!! The number of horrific accidents of kids who took Scorpios or XUVs from Zoomcar and drove irresponsibly on the highway, would suggest that this is a trend we don't need. So far, it's only kids in families with more money than brains that die in superbike accidents. If the rental market comes up, you'll be able to add a few middle class kids to that group too.
HighwayofLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 18:15   #63
BHPian

Re: 15 things to consider before buying a big motorcycle

Quote:
Video
The video used here is the worst we could use in such post. Lot of showoffs running death traps without helmets.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2018 at 22:49. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 19:22   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
The video used here is the worst we could use in such post. Lot of showoffs running death traps without helmets.

My god. Retards like this on 100 bhp + bikes. Whatever they do to themselves is fine - I just hope they don't get an innocent person killed.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 22:39   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
My god. Retards like this on 100 bhp + bikes. Whatever they do to themselves is fine - I just hope they don't get an innocent person killed.
If we leave some individuals and some responsible groups, this is all what the Superbiking is all about.
dchahal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 22:58   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchahal View Post
If we leave some individuals and some responsible groups, this is all what the Superbiking is all about.
Almost a year since I wrote the thread and have been living with a Versys 650 in Bangalore. Can guarentee two things -

1. Less than 10% riders I've seen are indisciplined. Totally enjoy being in a biking group rather than even our Team Bhp car meets. Its sad that people tend to generalize as you've done above. However, thats also a reality because -

2. The other 10% is enough to ruin the world for everyone else. Sadly. Only way out is to keep maximum distance from them. Out of whatever I've seen - its the kids who have been gifted superbikes with parents money that play around with their lives and that of others.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 19th January 2018 at 23:04.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 23:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Its sad that people tend to generalize as you've done above. However, thats also a reality because -
I can feel why you said so and I respect that. But believe me there are just too much of such hooligans out there who make other's lives hell too. I can't tell you how much I hate the people stunting on the roads and revving the bikes while standstill to showoff. Slowly and slowly its becoming too much of a task to ride around peacefully.
Old 30th January 2018, 09:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
8. Service and spares WILL be an issue.

It's only reasonable to expect that service centers would only have the regular spares available for service and common issues.
I'd read this thread and still went ahead to buy a Harley and now paying the price. For a simple wheel change the time required is 2 weeks. A nut needs to be ordered from US and will take 2 months. That's crazy amount of downtime for a bike.
Old 5th March 2018, 18:10   #69
Senior - BHPian

Guys, am looking for a pre-owned Bonneville, came across a 2015 model which has clocked about 10k kms. the owner is quoting 6lacs for it, both the tyres need to be replaced.

Not sure if 6lacs makes sense as the new one costs/starts around 9lacs OTR.

Look forward to some suggestions.
Old 9th April 2018, 19:11   #70

Hey guys !

I'm Just another bike enthusiast bitten by the Sports bike bug. Thank God I found this thread, Clearly explains the Pro's and cons of owning a sportsbike.

I'm considering Buying a 600cc+ Bike. This is just for Hobby purpose as I work in Saudi Arabia and will only be visiting Hyderabad for 1-2 months for vacation every year.

I would like to get some valuable suggestions from you all whether I should go for a New or a second hand one. Considering that the run will be less and would be spending more time in garage rather than on road.

Is it favorable for a sports bike to be idle for such a longtime?

I have shortlisted (New) Benelli 600i for my budget. Thanks to its exhaust note. But, Recently they have been some rumors regarding the future of DSK in India.(Same like chevrolet).. Ninja 650 looks awesome in Blue but the exhaust note is nothing compared to 600i.

Requesting you to advice your fellow Automobile Enthusiast escape his dilemma of buying a sportsbike (new/old), Also if anyone here knows dealers who have bikes within my range please recommend.
Old 9th April 2018, 21:13   #71
Team-BHP Support

@Yasirdz: would you not be better off buying a bike in Saudi? Where you can probably buy it cheaper as well as use it for 10 months? I would say avoid Benelli - its more sound than go in its segment.

In India, i think given the usage, you should certainly consider second hand bikes only. Perhaps a Ninja 650 might be enough. Other options could be the old street triple 675. You should get plenty of examples that are not too heavy on mileage and at a great price compared to new ones.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 13:55   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
@Yasirdz: would you not be better off buying a bike in Saudi? Where you can probably buy it cheaper as well as use it for 10 months? I would say avoid Benelli - its more sound than go in its segment.

In India, i think given the usage, you should certainly consider second hand bikes only. Perhaps a Ninja 650 might be enough. Other options could be the old street triple 675. You should get plenty of examples that are not too heavy on mileage and at a great price compared to new ones.

Ninja 650's engine is not refined and sounds a bit rough at mid-high rpms. I tried searching for a decent priced Street triple 675 but couldnt find any. Majority of them are priced above 7L.

I would appreciate if you could forward me contacts of dealers.
Old 10th April 2018, 14:36   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasirdz View Post
Ninja 650's engine is not refined and sounds a bit rough at mid-high rpms. I tried searching for a decent priced Street triple 675 but couldnt find any. Majority of them are priced above 7L.

I would appreciate if you could forward me contacts of dealers.
I know from a Mumbai / Maharashtra perspective there are some facebook pages that cater (Superbikes in Mumbai or something similar). You'll have to search online for guys who sell in Hyderabad.

NS.One is a good site on facebook - have a good collection, they are Delhi / Chandigarh based.

I would say you can also look at Z800s / Triple 675s, Honda CBR 650F etc. I think sub 7 lakh price should certainly be feasible for 2 year old + models.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 18:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasirdz View Post
1-2 months for vacation every year.
Hey Yasir,

A completely different suggestion. Why not consider premium bike rentals instead? Pardon me if you have already thought about that and decided not to proceed on that route due to any reason.

I'm pretty sure that there will be premium bike rental options in HYD. Given that you are going to use only for a couple of months a year, it doesn't make sense investing so much money in that.

Going the rental way, you can experiment and experience different bikes during your every visit and make your riding experience even better.

Ride safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 21:54   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Hey Yasir,

Why not consider premium bike rentals instead?

Ride safe,
R-Six
Fantastic suggestion. Mumbai has Rebel Rides and if I’m not mistaken even Hyderabad has some premium bike rental options. Perfect for the limited time in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks