Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2020, 08:47   #121
BHPian

Re: 15 things to consider before buying a big motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
To be honest in 2 years of owning the RR 310 I have gone only for 2 long rides. All others have been for my personal errands only. Due to family commitments and business it's impossible to go for longer rides often.
My honest suggestion - For that amount of riding you can keep the RR310 and rent a bike for that long ride once a year. You can try different bikes with this option.

Also, you seem to compare the bikes on paper. You will have to take test rides to see whether you get a 'feel' for the bike. What looks like a 'perfect match' from reviews/videos/opinions can be completely opposite in reality. My 2 cents from personal experience.
samyD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 09:04   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, you seem to compare the bikes on paper. You will have to take test rides to see whether you get a 'feel' for the bike. What looks like a 'perfect match' from reviews/videos/opinions can be completely opposite in reality. My 2 cents from personal experience.
a 200+ kg bike with a very low center of gravity will feel significantly different from one with a higher cog for instance.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2020, 10:18   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Please ignore my earlier posts.

Honest opinion - You need to ride more and not be looking at an upgrade option! 300cc or 650cc doesn't matter if you're only able to ride once a year!
Though I am guilty of not being able to go for longer rides often, I still managed to clock 10k in 2 years. Each ride was still very enjoyable.

This is what I wanted from the next upgrade as well. A practical bike that can be enjoyed in every ride. Not necessarily just for longer rides because like the OP mentioned not everyone has the luxury of time and money together.
Old 27th May 2020, 12:14   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Though I am guilty of not being able to go for longer rides often, I still managed to clock 10k in 2 years. Each ride was still very enjoyable.

This is what I wanted from the next upgrade as well. A practical bike that can be enjoyed in every ride. Not necessarily just for longer rides because like the OP mentioned not everyone has the luxury of time and money together.
Go out and start test riding bikes...only you will know the answer in your heart; and wrists

Once you test ride a few bikes for longer distances, come back and post your own opinions on each test ride and members can further their thoughts on this topic. Enjoy and have fun!
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 23:03   #125
Team-BHP Support

Zigwheels discusses the '6 Things To Know Before Buying A Premium Motorcycle' -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 13:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As the OP correctly suggested you need to ride more than upgrading to a bigger bike or a second bike for that matter.

With a big bike for you to say clocking 10k kms in 2 years and every ride was enjoyable will entirely depend on were you plan to use it as you said most of the riding for you currently is in city limits which is exactly where the big bikes don't belong.

Among the bikes I own the RX 135 has been with me for more years and the Busa has been the least since it was the last addition to the garage.

I have done over 1.5 lac kms on the RX since 2004 and most of it has been in city limits. But with the Busa its a completely different story. Even if I take it out on a Sunday morning on a relevantly empty stretch of road I can't use more than 20% of its potential in city limits and out on the highway you will have limited opportunities to even explore fore than 50% of the engines capability.

Plus the bigger bikes are a pain to ride in city limits and depending on how they are tuned the 600cc superbikes make their power high in the rev range which you just can't achieve in city limits as they don't have the low end torque.

Best would be to get a friend who owns a big bike to let you ride it for a few days and then you can decide what's best for you and whether you actually want to go down this route.
SnS_12 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 23:48   #127
BHPian

Wow. Almost 4 years now since this thread started and still managed to jolt us starry eyed suckers back to normalcy. Kudos CD. My first urge was a Striple R back in 17’ when family commitments had me buy a 4 wheeler. The big bike bug bit me again in 2021 for the Trident. As you can guess, more cylinders more fun kinda guy and I just absolutely adore the triples from Triumph. But I think a 390A is the safe bet. Hope everyone are doing well and safe but how has COVID affected all the SBK owners plight so far?
Old 17th June 2021, 10:12   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevwguy View Post
how has COVID affected all the SBK owners plight so far?
Having delay in servicing as our group wanted the service guy to travel to our city. ( We are around 10 ducatis in Indore and no service or dealership here). Besides that, spare part delivery from abroad must definitely be hit. Thankfully i didnt need any so far.
The challenge I currently face is sourcing tires. Not finding pirelli rosso corsa 2 for my panigale. Its tough to find preferred brand and fresh stock of recent months is difficult to find.

Last edited by Entsurgeon : 17th June 2021 at 10:14.
Entsurgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 12:17   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
Having delay in servicing as our group wanted the service guy to travel to our city.
Is the service guy from the Ducati dealer? If not, out of curiosity, would you consider any other service technician. My service guy, who works on all my bikes is very good and can vouch for him. His rates are reasonable. If you are interested, let me know.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 12:15   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entsurgeon View Post
Having delay in servicing as our group wanted the service guy to travel to our city. ( We are around 10 ducatis in Indore and no service or dealership here). Besides that, spare part delivery from abroad must definitely be hit. Thankfully i didnt need any so far.
The challenge I currently face is sourcing tires. Not finding pirelli rosso corsa 2 for my panigale. Its tough to find preferred brand and fresh stock of recent months is difficult to find.
Check with Speedmonks. They have new stock tires and should be having different brands. If you cant get Rosso Corsa 2s, then you might have to go with something else for now. A lot of these premium tires are so closely matched, that for regular road usage, it will be very tough for us to discern any real differences.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 12:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Check with Speedmonks.
For the Pirelli Corsa, they are selling both front and back as a pair and not individually though.
no_fear is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks