Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Old 24th June 2019, 22:51   #106
BHPian

Default Re: 15 things to consider before buying a big motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
Sure, I already own a 1600 cc Vulcan nomad and use extensively in US. It is only during my India trips that I want to ride and am debating between buying and owning one. My total trip duration in any given year is not more than thirty days. So I am not sure which way to look at.
Bhardwhu, this is contrary to what you would like to do and the suggestions from our forum. I am putting forth a completely different perspective for you to really think about especially since you talk about not more than 30 days in a year and maybe 10 days at a time.

You are an experienced mature rider and maybe have ridden at a time in India when our roads were much much safer, people used to follow rules and maybe more considerate to other users as well. Nowadays it's crazy out there and for a person not used to riding in these conditions it could get very tricky.

Since you ride extensively in the US, do you really feel the absolute need to ride in India? I am merely talking from the safety perspective. If its a bit of touring you need to do, hire a car for that, why take unnecessary risks in the short time you are here.

Just food for thought my friend.

Take care and ride safe.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2019, 23:51   #107
BHPian

Default Re: 15 things to consider before buying a big motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Bhardwhu, this is contrary to what you would like to do and the suggestions from our forum. I am putting forth a completely different perspective for you to really think about especially since you talk about not more than 30 days in a year and maybe 10 days at a time.

You are an experienced mature rider and maybe have ridden at a time in India when our roads were much much safer, people used to follow rules and maybe more considerate to other users as well. Nowadays it's crazy out there and for a person not used to riding in these conditions it could get very tricky.

Since you ride extensively in the US, do you really feel the absolute need to ride in India? I am merely talking from the safety perspective. If its a bit of touring you need to do, hire a car for that, why take unnecessary risks in the short time you are here.

Just food for thought my friend.

Take care and ride safe.

Cheers
Thank you sir for the concern and advise. I do ride quite a lot here in US and at the same time, I always ride whenever I am in India, which is twice an year. The itch to ride big bikes has always been there but did not get that opportunity since riding scene is still evolving back in our country. I rode almost a decade on bikes like thunderbird and moved up heavier cruisers in US since last six years. Bikes are very affordable here and that aided my decision to pick up a motorcycle as first means of commute, even before I got a car.
Now, since I only have few days in a year when I can travel back and live my riding passion ( wish I had more time to do that!), I am here asking for advise.
regards
bhardwhu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote