Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2018, 21:49   #46
BHPian

re: The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, now launched at Rs 7.46 lakhs

Bikes launch is tomorrow but the paranoia of premature release of model photos and specs meant no bike was sent to showrooms till the launch.
Bike is expected in Navi Mumbai showroom on palm Beach Road on 15th.
I know at least one person here is following religiously
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 11:22   #47
BHPian

Just got wind of some info that the launch date is also pushed to the 15th.
sharkbait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 21:06   #48
BHPian

Almost apologetically I post that the launch of the Wee has been postponed to 15th and the showroom display to the 20th.
Suzuki will learn the meaning of launching a vehicle in the 'shraddh period'
I was so sure that the 'Curse of the 650' won't affect the Suzuki, but it did and that's the reason I am sorry actually.- you know what I mean
Old 11th September 2018, 18:24   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Almost apologetically I post that the launch of the Wee has been postponed to 15th and the showroom display to the 20th.
Suzuki will learn the meaning of launching a vehicle in the 'shraddh period'
I was so sure that the 'Curse of the 650' won't affect the Suzuki, but it did and that's the reason I am sorry actually.- you know what I mean

I think its moved even further, like the last week of September. Don't know why its delayed.
Old 11th September 2018, 20:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I think its moved even further, like the last week of September. Don't know why its delayed.
Where are you getting this info? I know from one of the dealers here in Mumbai that it's scheduled for a 15th launch and a 17-20th showroom availability.
sharkbait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 21:00   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could someone explain please? Not all that familiar with the Suzuki 650s - Whats the curse of the 650?
Old 11th September 2018, 21:33   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know why its delayed.
Corruption.
It's a bloody shame. The same reason why the BMW launch was held up in mumbai a few months ago The RTO in Delhi did not approve the bike in time. Forget the ARAI certification- The RTO had its own God's own rules
The launch is now as MS said on the 15th and bikes on display by 17th. I think the parcel reached the Cops... that's why this news update.
Old 15th September 2018, 19:58   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
Where are you getting this info? I know from one of the dealers here in Mumbai that it's scheduled for a 15th launch and a 17-20th showroom availability.
Today is 15th Bro - Did it launch ?
Old 15th September 2018, 20:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Today is 15th Bro - Did it launch ?
No, it hasn't.

Anyhoo, the dealer has no idea when the RTO situation that KD mentioned would get resolved but I guess I'll have to just sit tight and wait to hear back from them. Last I heard from him, it was the 15th.

If you dont mind sharing some "actual" data on where your getting your info from, that's gonna probably help cause my money is down with the dealer hoping its launched by the 20th to hopefully do some rides towards the end of the month.

Last edited by sharkbait : 15th September 2018 at 20:06. Reason: Realised it's pointless to assume someone is being condescending
Old 15th September 2018, 21:42   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The RTO in Delhi did not approve the bike in time. .
Why is Delhi RTO required for nationwide launch? Couldn't they just delay the Delhi test rides and deliveries instead!
Old 17th September 2018, 08:27   #56
Team-BHP Support

The delay clearly shows how ill-prepared an international manufacturer is for India. Suzuki hasn't been able to cash on their success with the locally manufactured Hayabusa. Visit any Suzuki big bike dealership and they all appear like hole in the wall shops that are confused on their own USP. There is riding gear strewn across everywhere, sales personnel are shabbily present and they have nearly no bikes on display from what they sell in the market. I am speaking from my experience of visiting Dream Suzuki on Palm beach road New Bombay as well as East Street Pune.

Compare them to any dealership like Kawasaki, Triumph, BMW or Harley and you'll realise that Suzuki severely lacks offering a premium experience in the sales cycle. Luckily for them, their 15L rupee Indian assembled Hayabusa is keeping the sales chart ticking. For the rest of their offerings you'll barely be able to convince yourself to put your hard earned money down.

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th September 2018 at 08:28.
moralfibre is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 11:40   #57
BHPian

BMW Mumbai had the same issue with the launch of the GS/GSA a few months ago, and all deliveries were halted and the agency was literally made to beg- the rumor goes to the whims and ill-fancy of ONE woman in the RTO here.
Suzuki, is yet to come into the market in force as they dont have a Bajaj to hand hold them- or lend a shoulder. Their Hayabusa is doing fine, but thats like 10-15 bikes a month- hardly enough to pay the rent.
The decision of the Wee was delayed forever due to the ASEAN treaty rumors and on and on about the fuzzy import policy- and the rumors that went around the same. Finally they got their act together and produced the Wee after the 750, only to run into this hurdle.
The entire lot of bikes for the first bookings is ready and the launch date is now moved to October, hopefully after the much dreaded sales dip during the 'Shraddh' period.
As to why and how the RTO can block sales- I dont know. One could ask BMW Mumbai about this and their suffering with the GS/A.
I am not a Suzuki supporter and the 835mm seat height bothers me right now- so this is to clear my own deck- that based on low-seat and suspension lowering options, I may buy the bike.
Suzuki has had good products on the road, even if their strategy may seem flawed, which is un-explainable at best to me. I may have stated this before, not a single VStrom1000 is seen available for sale if one were to browse the net- or ask in forums. Well, may be the odd one here and there.
Likewise, you would hardly find a 'Busa owner stranded on the highways, which goes to speak for volumes about their quality.
One just hopes they are able to launch- and that reminds me- the curse of the 650 alluded to the RE650s which are seeing the dark black wall- with their hired QA teams rejecting many many parts made by collaborators and vendors in India. And I remain firm on the story that- the launch in November bought them time from the 16 or 17th September launch, and then the supposed/rumoured Jan-end or Feb delivery of the vehicles.

Suzuki pales in comparison to these guys.

Last edited by Hammer & Anvil : 18th September 2018 at 11:41. Reason: before/after astrological error
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 12:07   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Suzuki, is yet to come into the market in force as they dont have a Bajaj to hand hold them- or lend a shoulder.
With all due respect, this statement is totally wrong IMHO.

1. Suzuki Motorcycles entered in the Indian market in a partnership with TVS from 1982, two years prior to Kawasaki entering with Bajaj.
2. Suzuki also entered with their four wheelers in 1982 and has been the market leader ever since. 50% plus market share and the most profitable in the business.
3. SMIL was established as a separate entity in 2006, four years prior to the establishment of IKM and 10 years prior to Kawasaki getting a free hand to operate in the Indian market.
4. SMIL is a huge company in India compared to IKM. Their plant capacity is 5.4L units, compared to 3000 units for Kawasaki.
5. They sell about 50k units per month compared to an average of around 200 units sold by Kawasaki.

They have had more handholding, they have more market share, more resources, they even have the huge might of Maruti Suzuki India Limited to back them up - what more do they need? The sheer will to bring more products! All they need is to really care about the market - rather than just launching products for namesake.

PS - Thats only with Kawasaki in comparison. If you start comparing with Harley Davidson or Triumph, the situation is even worse. Yamaha is in the same ballpark as Suzuki - only interested in the numbers game - despite bringing legendary products to our market and establishing themselves decades back itself.

Quote:
Their Hayabusa is doing fine, but thats like 10-15 bikes a month- hardly enough to pay the rent.
Pay rent for what? They are not maintaining separate showrooms or service centers for their premium offerings - they share the showrooms with their scooters that sell 50k units per month! Most showrooms dont even stock test ride bikes! If that is struggling to pay rent - wonder how companies like Harley, Triumph, Kawasaki, Benelli, Ducati etc manage to pay rent with just about 50 - 250 units per month on an average.

Suzuki not only can pay rent, they can manage to offer very cost efficient service as well - due to this cost sharing benefits with their commuter offerings - Look at Honda for example.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 13:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
The entire lot of bikes for the first bookings is ready and the launch date is now moved to October
Thank you for the periodic updates on the launch. I will continue to follow this thread with interest as I am saving up for a better touring bike and I think this will be an interesting option when it launches which I assume will be soon. RTO shenanigans can only delay things so much

Is there clarity on whether they are definitely launching the XT? Some of the portals out there are saying that they are only launching the standard version. If that is the case, this bike is off the table for me unless the dealers provide a way to procure those gorgeous spoked wheels.
Old 18th September 2018, 17:40   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Is there clarity on whether they are definitely launching the XT? Some of the portals out there are saying that they are only launching the standard version. If that is the case, this bike is off the table for me unless the dealers provide a way to procure those gorgeous spoked wheels.
I have put down the booking amount for a white spoked wheel Suzuki VStrom 650 XT. I've been told I have the option of adding on panniers and luggage for additional money. One of the selling points for me as well was the spoked rims over the cast alloy ones primarily for our roads and their dismal conditions.

Dealer updated me on it being launched last week of September or first week of October for the RTO nonsense to end. Fingers crossed.
sharkbait is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks