Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 14:19   #331
BANNED

how many of u have started booking these ? anyone. or grey market still rules
Old 13th December 2007, 14:31   #332
Senior - BHPian

one thing to note in that article from UK- the MT01 retails for 10000 pounds which is 8.xx lakh rupees.

given our ridiculous duty structures, 10.5L in India does not sound so exorbitant suddenly! and the article does mention that it is the most expensive bike yamaha has.

wish I could afford one!! though I personally prefer the styling of the Vmax to this!
Old 13th December 2007, 14:34   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan
those "stupidos" as you like to call them had the mt01 on display at the vaahan yatra and from tmro it will be at orion motors (opp. forum mall). 3 lakhs booking amount and they already have 6 bookings from the expo.

also its these "stupidos" that are the first ones in india to offer clean and legal superbikes to the indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
was at the yatra on friday. they had a modified gladiator. and a modified R1. it wasn't new or street legal as it had no headlamps. it was full of local stickers. it was obviously borrowed from someone.
there was absolutely no sign of the MT-01...nor did the girls handing out fliers have any clue about the same. if they brought it in after friday afternoon...i stand corrrected. did anybody else see the MT-01 in the yatra?

as far as the last portion of your quote...i wasnt questioning their wisdom of bringing 'clean' bikes (whether they're stupidos in that or not...time and sales figures will tell...not you or me)...i was questioning their wisdom of trying to sell such a premium product without having a brand new piece of both models displayed at the yatra. surely thats not how they would operate in other more advanced markets?
BTW, in todays edition of times auto, there are pics of the yamaha stall at the yatra. can you please point out to me the MT-01 and NEW (unused) R1? or werey ou the only person who saw them?

Last edited by raftaar : 13th December 2007 at 14:38.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:21   #334
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, in todays edition of times auto, there are pics of the yamaha stall at the yatra. can you please point out to me the MT-01 and NEW (unused) R1? or werey ou the only person who saw them?
Dont know if the R1 was new or not, but I did see a MT in VY. I went on Sunday afternoon.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:36   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

You really have to sling a leg over it and ride it to believe what I say.
Wish I could . Hope we get to see some legal and big bikes on 5 - 6 lacs range. 12 lacs + is way out of my range.

Are th R1 ad MT 01 priced same in global markets . as in India ?

On Paper , atleast R1 seems to have many more goodies
Old 13th December 2007, 17:17   #336
Senior - BHPian

i saw on MT at versova.
Old 16th December 2007, 00:24   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

a new mt01 was on display and i am not the only one who saw it.
you missed it though.
Old 16th December 2007, 00:52   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
Are th R1 ad MT 01 priced same in global markets . as in India ?
They are cheaper to buy else where. I think the R1 turns out to be around Rs. 5Lac(when converted from USD to INR, maybe lesser since the $ is now in the 30s)
Old 16th December 2007, 10:47   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
They are cheaper to buy else where. I think the R1 turns out to be around Rs. 5Lac(when converted from USD to INR, maybe lesser since the $ is now in the 30s)
its the duties here in India which hike up the price of the bikes. elsewhere in most countries they are sold on mrp. only recently has the indian govt allowed companies to set up shop for motorcycles above 800cc but even then the customs and other duties haven't reduced, so is the case with R1 and MT 01.
Old 16th December 2007, 12:38   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I think what W12 meant was "do the R1 and MT01 cost the SAME (to buy) in other markets, as in India" because they both seem to be sold at the same price in India.

The answer at least for the middle east is no. The MT01 is slightly more expensive (10%) than the R1, but else where they have been discounting MT01 prices by about 10% since the last year, so they should be in the same price bracket.
Old 13th January 2008, 03:32   #341
BHPian

theres a big showroom of Yamaha that has come up here in Delhi (MGF Metropoliton mall, Saket) and they have both bikes on show!
shockingly they have put a saree guard onto the R1, imagine!! looks stupid really!!
Old 13th January 2008, 07:05   #342
Senior - BHPian

Saree guard is compulsory on both bikes. It's a rule by A.R.A.I in pune. I think its run by FOOLS! You can remove the saree guard after you take delivery. Even the number plate is on the windscreen of the R1 with holes drilled(also compulsory). You can get rid of that after delivery as well.
Old 13th January 2008, 23:50   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Saree guard is compulsory on both bikes. It's a rule by A.R.A.I in pune. I think its run by FOOLS! You can remove the saree guard after you take delivery. Even the number plate is on the windscreen of the R1 with holes drilled(also compulsory). You can get rid of that after delivery as well.
now those are a couple of stupid rules!!
anyway, saw the R15 at Auto Expo today, and it would be damn hard to resist buying it once launched
Old 14th January 2008, 05:33   #344
Senior - BHPian

I must take my words back. The number plate is on the windscreen with the help of another bar that run along the windscreen, doesnt have holes drilled in the windscreen.

But here's some good news for mumbaikar's. Yamaha have bought a place in bandra for its showroom and the interior's are being done. I cant give you the exact location since its supposed to be discreet at the moment.
Old 14th January 2008, 09:12   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiv View Post
now those are a couple of stupid rules!!
anyway, saw the R15 at Auto Expo today, and it would be damn hard to resist buying it once launched
In the context of the larger use of bikes, at least the way they were used by the majority so far, this is NOT a stupid rule, and might have saved numerous lives - enough saree clad and flowing chunni donning femmes adorn the pillion seat.

True, its unlikely that the R1 will have such pillions, but thats hardly reason enough to term the rule - made for a different scenario/usage - stupid.

A modification in the rule something to the effect:
  • no bikes WITH saree/chunni/any free flowing garment clad ppl is allowed without a saree guard
  • all bikes >200cc MUST be ridden with protective gear including helmets, protective jackets, proper gloves, etc
may be more appropriate. Sharp, critical reactions often end up with the opposite of desired consequences. As it is bikers are a much maligned breed in the media - its upto us to highlight the importance of responsible riding and in return ask for relevant rules.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks