Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 09:58   #1411
BHPian

The bike I'd LOVE to own

...with modern suspension and brakes, of course.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-yamtz750.jpg  

Old 3rd April 2009, 13:32   #1412
Senior - BHPian

@netchef : I rode a Yamaha TZR 250 once. And since I've made up my mind never to ride any 2 stroker again. PERIOD.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:33   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
@netchef : I rode a Yamaha TZR 250 once. And since I've made up my mind never to ride any 2 stroker again. PERIOD.

quickdraw: You sound like Kenny Roberts, Sir. When he first rode one of these in flat-tracker format, it was so scary, he said they didn't pay him enough to race the damned thing LOL
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:10   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
What a wonderful racket this crotch rocket would make.

Quote:
Please explain in detail your experience
Old 3rd April 2009, 17:46   #1415
BHPian

These sure are some neat additions man.. Netchef > what's the last one.. can't figure out much..! don't tell me it's a 350.. :P

Also, not sure if this is the right area, but i'd ask.. I see quite a few bikes coming up in classifieds, but soon enough, the pictures disappear, and classfied is closed.. any idea ? or is it just me ?
Old 3rd April 2009, 18:33   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
These sure are some neat additions man.. Netchef > what's the last one.. can't figure out much..! don't tell me it's a 350.. :P

Also, not sure if this is the right area, but i'd ask.. I see quite a few bikes coming up in classifieds, but soon enough, the pictures disappear, and classfied is closed.. any idea ? or is it just me ?
jsmonu: No sir. It's a Yamaha racer popular in the 70's: TZ750, an in-line 4, two stroke. Went like a rocket but was a Devil to handle. Around 140Bhp if I remember right.

I love the looks (especially this one in black/red, and the angle), the raw power. The very early riders were REAL men- more so the 20's and that era when bikes had no suspension and would rattle fillings out of teeth!
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:58   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Dam thats a beauty
Old 3rd April 2009, 21:49   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
jsmonu: No sir. It's a Yamaha racer popular in the 70's: TZ750, an in-line 4, two stroke. Went like a rocket but was a Devil to handle. Around 140Bhp if I remember right.

I love the looks (especially this one in black/red, and the angle), the raw power. The very early riders were REAL men- more so the 20's and that era when bikes had no suspension and would rattle fillings out of teeth!
Had a hearty laugh imagining that,Rajeev!
The only time I've seen a TZ750 was when I visited a museum.A faint memory,no clue where i saw it (or for that matter,what it was doing in a museum).
Old 4th April 2009, 01:03   #1419
Senior - BHPian

An old pic of a TZR ,
pic was taken about 4 years back.

poor, poor quality of pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-image077.jpg  

Old 4th April 2009, 19:53   #1420
BHPian

Damn! That sure sounds like some real dreamy thrilling power.. I can sure imagine the 2-stroke effect on top of that..
Old 4th April 2009, 22:59   #1421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
If you insist.

Kick her to life.

She is a old hag, doesnt settle to idle just dies down so have to keep playing with the throttle to keep her running.

Clonk her into first and off we go. See open road and pull the throttle to maximum position.

Wierd controlled Hero Honda splendour like acceleration ?? And then there is this moment I think the tacho is showing somewhere close to 4~5k RPM and suddenly the needle gets to the redline and I cant recall its travel from 5k to the redline.

The rear is fishtailing all over the place have to let go of the throttle before I lowside into that subzi walla.

Stop, hands shaking. Light a smoke (fumble with lighter, hands still shaking) look at the thing in disbelief. And made up my mind no NSR TZR RG RD ever again. DAMN!

Quote:
quickdraw: You sound like Kenny Roberts, Sir. When he first rode one of these in flat-tracker format, it was so scary, he said they didn't pay him enough to race the damned thing LOL
Ha ha!
Old 6th April 2009, 09:35   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
What a wonderful racket this crotch rocket would make.

IronWolf: A howl, I'd imagine. I've watched them race at Sholavaram in the late 70's, and would they go/sadly can't pinpoint the sound bytes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
Dam thats a beauty
insaneroller: Lovely, isn't she? How is your beast going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Had a hearty laugh imagining that,Rajeev!
The only time I've seen a TZ750 was when I visited a museum.A faint memory,no clue where i saw it (or for that matter,what it was doing in a museum).
Nitin: They are museum pieces already??? Gosh, I must be REEEEAAAAAAL old!

There are couple of mad engineering fiends who do brilliant things with bike engines- like grafting another bank of cylinders onto an in-line 4 like the Busa or Blade. I'm fantasizing about commissioning one such hairbrained job on a TZ 750. A V-8 2 stroke with racing genes? Think about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
An old pic of a TZR ,
pic was taken about 4 years back.

poor, poor quality of pic.
manishasrani: Trust you to find one, Sir. I had no clue there were any around- AND a street job with lights etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
Damn! That sure sounds like some real dreamy thrilling power.. I can sure imagine the 2-stroke effect on top of that..
jsmonu: And the power-to-weight ratio is what made these into lil Devils!

Quote:
If you insist.

... fishtailing all over the place have to let go of the throttle before I lowside into that subzi walla.

Stop, hands shaking. Light a smoke (fumble with lighter, hands still shaking) look at the thing in disbelief. And made up my mind no NSR TZR RG RD ever again. DAMN!
quickdraw: That's hilarious! You're the first person I've 'met' who's ridden a TZ. Bet you can write a book about the experience. Apparently the 250's engine was so teensy it could be carried around the workshop by one insouciant man.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:26   #1423
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend spotted this !
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-02042009085..jpg  

Old 7th April 2009, 19:46   #1424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
One of my friend spotted this !
Looks like the Yamaha Thundercat/ThunderAce ??

Quote:
quickdraw: That's hilarious! You're the first person I've 'met' who's ridden a TZ. Bet you can write a book about the experience. Apparently the 250's engine was so teensy it could be carried around the workshop by one insouciant man.
Yes although the bike was not maintained very well or anything. It proved everything I had read about it. It was for sale I guess for about 50~60k. Needed some bodywork and other things. I dont see any logic in such a bike other then sitting and doing its pooja, because you sure as hell cant ride it the way its supposed to be ridden. Its kind of the Isle of Mann v/s MotoGP kind of funda.
Old 7th April 2009, 20:20   #1425
Senior - BHPian

doesn't the ThunderAce look like this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes spotted in India-1000068_img.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks