Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 16:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
What happened to the 250CC bikes at 1.5 - 2L ? not everyone will want a 11lac bike damn
Suzuki don't really have a bike like the Ninja 250. Those who want a bike like that can buy the Ninja.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have made up my mind, now that I have waited for 10 years for the ninja 250, i am prepared to wait for 1 more. But its nice to see companies finally entering India and recognizing the biking potential here.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Suzuki don't really have a bike like the Ninja 250. Those who want a bike like that can buy the Ninja.
well not exactly like the ninja but they do have bikes in the 250CC class

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GZ250K8
Old 20th June 2008, 16:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
well not exactly like the ninja but they do have bikes in the 250CC class

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GZ250K8
Dude, that thing costs 1.35 L in the US and looks like an Avenger. It will definitely cost more here. Why would anyone here spend that kind of money when they can buy the Avenger. I don't think too many people would shell out that money for 70 cc more .
Old 4th July 2008, 08:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

HAYABUSA launch in September

Source : Hindustan Times Business.

Suzuki Motorcycles have decided to launch the Hayabusa in the 1st week of September for approx 11 lac rupees.

They will also launch the 1000cc GXR in November.

Read more in the Hindustan Times - Suzuki now brings Hayabusa to India- Hindustan Times

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th July 2008 at 08:36.
Old 4th July 2008, 08:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Gautam, I had started a thread for this sometime back.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-launched.html

EDIT - oops - thread merged.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th July 2008 at 08:45.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:01   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Yes guys, the thread title says it all. I have just had a long chat with the owner of the "sole" dealership for Suzuki SBK's in India. There will be no showroom in Bombay. It will be in Pune. The bikes will be available on loan, with Suzuki official warranty and service.

They are starting off with the Hayabusa in November '08, Gixxer 1000, Boulevard 1800, Gixxer 600. That is the exact order in which they will be launched. The bikes that will be sold would be '09 models.
straight6:
Should I then hold off buying a pre-owned bike? Their value will plummet as soon as these hit the 'used' market, isn't it?
The R1 was launched this year, so by rights there may well be a couple put on the block by their illustrious owners close to end of next, and that I'm pretty certain would haemmorage the value of those SBKs already in circulation.

Dilemma.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
straight6:
Should I then hold off buying a pre-owned bike? Their value will plummet as soon as these hit the 'used' market, isn't it?
The R1 was launched this year, so by rights there may well be a couple put on the block by their illustrious owners close to end of next, and that I'm pretty certain would haemmorage the value of those SBKs already in circulation.

Dilemma.
Yes, I think you should wait. The Busa is a much more comfortable bike to ride than the R1. Its a matter of 4-5 months.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I think you should wait. The Busa is a much more comfortable bike to ride than the R1. Its a matter of 4-5 months.

You got me wrong . I can't afford a new bike. It's just that the pre-owned set might get a litle cheaper once the new bikes hit the market.
Conversely, I'll lose a bunch on a used bike if I buy now.
Old 4th July 2008, 13:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You got me wrong . I can't afford a new bike. It's just that the pre-owned set might get a litle cheaper once the new bikes hit the market.
I did get what you wanted to say. I was just saying that you shouldn't buy an R1 at all and when the official Busa's are launched, even the used ones will be cheaper.
Old 4th July 2008, 18:59   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No man, don't think it works that way.
Even after Yamaha launched the R1 officially, i'm certain the gray market guys have sold atleast 5 R1s for each official R1 Yamaha India managed, if not more.
The gray market prices are more or the same too, for new or used. Nothing much has changed, atleast nothing significant in terms of pricing to make you delay a used bike purchase.

Yes, if you were buying a new busa and had the extra $$ i would have suggested to wait for the the launch, easy finance, warranty, standardised kitting, etc

Even the other bikes (800+ cc) have been available officially for quite some time now through the regualr 'dealers' provided you don't mind paying.

The only advantage the launching of premium bikes in India creates is easy availability of finance, and at a reasonable rate of interest.
Going through the dealers usually one has to go under 'personal finance' whichy is a few shades more expensive to repay.

manson.
Old 5th July 2008, 19:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

I hope Honda and Kawasaki come in with their big bikes soon. Things will really get exciting then.
Old 5th July 2008, 20:35   #28
BHPian

any speculations on the Gixxer 600 pricing?
Old 5th July 2008, 21:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
any speculations on the Gixxer 600 pricing?
No. That's the last in line to be released so no indication of its price was given.
Old 6th July 2008, 13:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

Bah, why can't Suzi just launch the GS500. Great bike, good FE, 200 kay top whack, and stonking reliability, what with the air-cooled engine... Just about enough. At least for a daily rider/tourer.

Instead of the Gixxer 600, Suzuki should consider the SV650 vee-twin. Costing about 2.7L INR in the US, it could well be THE bike for India, even at 5L INR odd......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks