Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2008, 22:32   #76
Senior - BHPian

He told me 12.70 for the Busa.
Old 23rd November 2008, 12:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
NO the intruder is priced at 11 lakhs.10 is the price of the regular import.

This i can confirm as i had a chat regarding this with the person who will be distributing suzuki in india.they are getting limited numbers and i even have an option of booking mine in advance incase its a complete sellout.

this particular distributor has been dealing in superbikes for a lot of years.infact even my 12r has been sourced through him.
he was the one who told me about both the prices of the bike.
I am not doubting your knowledge on the issue. I was just trying to straighten my mind. I still somehow feel the price for the intruder would be more than 11 lacs. Guess we would just have to wait and watch. Even at 11 lakhs it would be a steal. Limited numbers would make it more desirable too. The upside of this would be that more manufacturers would want to bring in their bikes. End result we would have a variety to choose from and the Second hand and regular import prices would be affordable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
He told me 12.70 for the Busa.
We have counted 13 lakhs for the Busa. So there is only a 30 thousand difference, which would be covered in the miscellanous costs.
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yup actually i'm rubbing my hands in glee.lol.I've been a fan of this bike since long.and have wanted to own it without parting with my 12r.And with the financing schemes i'd be able to do it without blocking a whole lot of money.

Another thing is that the price i'm stating is the ex-showroom price and probably will go up to 12.5 lakhs based on the taxes and insurance.
so maybe the 12.70 price is for an on road busa.I think even the R1 goes up to the 12 mark for the on road price.
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup actually i'm rubbing my hands in glee.lol.I've been a fan of this bike since long.and have wanted to own it without parting with my 12r.And with the financing schemes i'd be able to do it without blocking a whole lot of money.

Another thing is that the price i'm stating is the ex-showroom price and probably will go up to 12.5 lakhs based on the taxes and insurance.
so maybe the 12.70 price is for an on road busa.I think even the R1 goes up to the 12 mark for the on road price.
I love the bike too from when the launch happened. For you it would be better since you already have a bike and funds would not be blocked for the second bike. As for a person like me, being technically the first bike, i would too have the advantage of being able to go easy without feeling the pinch. The legalities of the bike would also be taken care off, as if i would have bought the bike from a regular dealer i would have to make sure the bike is a geniuene import with all papers clear.

The 12.5 lakhs seems proper enough for the bike with all expenses taken care off. I for one would not mind paying more, if it is going to give me mental peace. I surely would look forward to the bike and if things are suitable then i would go in for both the Busa and the Intruder. Or else the R1 or a CBR 1000RR and the intruder. Always wanted a sports and cruiser.
I have found the Busa a bit bulky compared to the R1 and the Cbr 1000RR, and being illiterate when it comes to bikes. Which is better of the three, that is The Busa, R1 and the CBR1000RR? Thank you. Mind you i do not plan on selling or upgradeing the bikes ever.
Old 23rd November 2008, 19:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I love the bike too from when the launch happened. For you it would be better since you already have a bike and funds would not be blocked for the second bike. As for a person like me, being technically the first bike, i would too have the advantage of being able to go easy without feeling the pinch. The legalities of the bike would also be taken care off, as if i would have bought the bike from a regular dealer i would have to make sure the bike is a geniuene import with all papers clear.

The 12.5 lakhs seems proper enough for the bike with all expenses taken care off. I for one would not mind paying more, if it is going to give me mental peace. I surely would look forward to the bike and if things are suitable then i would go in for both the Busa and the Intruder. Or else the R1 or a CBR 1000RR and the intruder. Always wanted a sports and cruiser.
I have found the Busa a bit bulky compared to the R1 and the Cbr 1000RR, and being illiterate when it comes to bikes. Which is better of the three, that is The Busa, R1 and the CBR1000RR? Thank you. Mind you i do not plan on selling or upgradeing the bikes ever.
Leave the R1 out and the other 3 are the ones you need to look at since you will never sell them off.
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Well in that case contrary to what people suggest i'd say go in for the busa.
people say you should gradually upgrade.but since it'll be more of a fun riding and forever bike for you it'll be suitable to have a bike which has loads of torque.i find the litre plus bikes very drivable.like in case of a busa you'll have good stability,good comfort and nice power to pick you up from any gear.

you just need to have a controlled right hand and a sensible head.
My first superbike experience was on my 12r. and i rode it from delhi to dehradun in 5 hours straight.so if i can do it,anybody can.

the busa is definitely bulky of the bikes you have listed but is the more comfortable of the 3.if your height is nearly 6 ft then you'll have a sore back everytime you ride the litre bikes.busa on the other hand will give you loads of comfort.you will realize this when its been about 6 months riding the bike.like i have.i'm really very happy i bought this 12r.i rode my friends R1,1000RR,Ducati and all of them have been very uncomfortable.
Old 24th November 2008, 04:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

The Boulevard will be the most comfy actually.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes i would be.I was comparing between the 3 bikes in the sport category.Busa,R1,1000RR.

In a first time rider category,i find that even sport bike selected should be a comfy one.else one tends to get tired of it and sells it in 6 months.Most of the people here have done the same.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well in that case contrary to what people suggest i'd say go in for the busa.
people say you should gradually upgrade.but since it'll be more of a fun riding and forever bike for you it'll be suitable to have a bike which has loads of torque.i find the litre plus bikes very drivable.like in case of a busa you'll have good stability,good comfort and nice power to pick you up from any gear.

you just need to have a controlled right hand and a sensible head.
My first superbike experience was on my 12r. and i rode it from delhi to dehradun in 5 hours straight.so if i can do it,anybody can.

the busa is definitely bulky of the bikes you have listed but is the more comfortable of the 3.if your height is nearly 6 ft then you'll have a sore back everytime you ride the litre bikes.busa on the other hand will give you loads of comfort.you will realize this when its been about 6 months riding the bike.like i have.i'm really very happy i bought this 12r.i rode my friends R1,1000RR,Ducati and all of them have been very uncomfortable.
Quote:
Oh yes i would be.I was comparing between the 3 bikes in the sport category.Busa,R1,1000RR.

In a first time rider category,i find that even sport bike selected should be a comfy one.else one tends to get tired of it and sells it in 6 months.Most of the people here have done the same.

Everyone has told me the same thing. Get a 400 and then upgrade. My take is since i do not plan on selling it i rather get what i want once and for all. I used to have a 1981 CB900F, this was my first bike and i was very comfortable with it.

Yes i agree a controled right wrist and a very cool and level head. I dont ride fast or am into raceing and going on a power trip. I prefer it controlled knowing i have the power when i want it. Max i would have touched on the CB was 120 or 150kmph not more than that. I am 5'11, so i guess the back would be troubled. In my case maximum i see myself doing is around 50 to 75kms a week or less and that too mainly in the city. so what would you suggest.

I was told the other way. The 1000RR and the R1 were more comfy than the Busa. I rode all three for short distances and also a bit in traffic and sort of agreed with them. The Busa was a pain, very heavy and harder to control in slow speeds. Here i am no pro or someone qualified to make a judgement and hence i am seeking advice. I dont want to land up like some people i know and you have mentioned. I rather take my time, know whats right and then get a bike.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Leave the R1 out and the other 3 are the ones you need to look at since you will never sell them off.
Quote:
The Boulevard will be the most comfy actually.

What is wrong with the R1?. Many people i know owning the bike love it. I personally love the bike too. Its sleek got the looks and the power to go with it. You mean other two (Busa and 1000RR). The boulevard is not in contention at all. It is the sports that is in question to give her company in the Garage.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:59   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
What is wrong with the R1?. Many people i know owning the bike love it. I personally love the bike too. Its sleek got the looks and the power to go with it. You mean other two (Busa and 1000RR). The boulevard is not in contention at all. It is the sports that is in question to give her company in the Garage.
I say that because its the most uncomfortable of the lot and heats up like crazy. Even you're riding at highway speeds and the gauge shows its running cool, whatever heat its generating will be directed at you and the frame heas up as well so you'll feel it on the inner thighs.

You could do with all this if you "only" ride it in really cold weather. Besides, you cant ride it for too long at a time.

The Boulevard is very comfy being a cruiser. I'd say, go for the Busa and the Boulevard.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:29   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I say that because its the most uncomfortable of the lot and heats up like crazy. Even you're riding at highway speeds and the gauge shows its running cool, whatever heat its generating will be directed at you and the frame heas up as well so you'll feel it on the inner thighs.

You could do with all this if you "only" ride it in really cold weather. Besides, you cant ride it for too long at a time.

The Boulevard is very comfy being a cruiser. I'd say, go for the Busa and the Boulevard.
Strange my friends never mentioned this part to me. I had ridden my friends R1 just after a sunday afternoon run of the city and i did not feel any heat from the bike.

Like i mentioned earlier. The longest the bike would be out for would be a run from town to Bandra or upto the International airport (My office is next to that). Once the confidance levels are up then i would venture further.
I agree the Boulevard is very comfy. I rode it in Delhi and i was smitten by it. very agile and relaxed for a bike of that power and size. Boulevard is confirmed coming. The others are the not sure yets. What would be the take on the 1000RR.?
Old 24th November 2008, 22:44   #88
Senior - BHPian

The 1000 RR is the best of the litre bikes right now. Its also the most comfy litre bike. Honda's are always the most comfy.

The Honda's are not confirmed right now so lets concentrate on the Suzuki's. I was told the Busa is comfirmed and then the others will come along. Two days to go and we shall find out.
Old 24th November 2008, 23:26   #89
BHPian

Guy's any one with any kind of info about the launch of suzuki bikes in Mumbai, please do let me know.I don't mind reaching at the venue at 6 am!!!

Straight 6 - Can you grab some info out,i am getting too impatient.Finally the day i always dream't of is coming near
Old 25th November 2008, 06:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

26th is the launch so lets see what happens.

The Busa will not be upgraded for quite while now unlike the litre bikes which are upgraded every 2 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks